Armarouge ex, Golisopod ex, Illustration Rares, and More from “Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Revealed!

Flittle/Espathra - A Psychic garchomp! now all we need is an ex.
Toedscool/Toedscruel - Cant really think of any practical use now, but might be cool later!
Magby - with revenge punch, your opponent might have to swing into a baby pokemon for 100 damage!
Veluza - meh. I like this in chien pao for cheap finishes
Wimpod/Golispod ex - Hit and run!
Charcadet/Armorouge ex - A big beefy boy!

Snorlax Doll - Act as a 5th basic.
Tandemaus/Maushold ex - 120 damage rocky helmet is cool!
Swablu/Altaria ex - might be cool when tsareena rotates
waitaminute. you are an imposter!

That Armarouge EX art doesn't look like the one EN has been using as promotional material, weird that we didn't get that art revealed yet. Is that common?

I'm sorry to rain on the believers, but Armarouge seems very underwhelming. The idea is cool in theory, build a big Armarouge and guarantee at least 2 OHKOs with it because they'll have to hit it twice to kill it, but it's relatively easy in this format to put some damage on it to ensure the ability is not online, plus, how do you build it up? The multiplier on the attack is not insane, so you do need tons of energy still to get to OHKO territory against opposing Stage 2 exes, and Basin is not enough to do that. The best acceleration Fire has right now?...Charizard, which is already a deck, and wouldn't benefit from another stage 1 line clogging the deck. Charizard is bigger, hits harder more easily, sets itself up...Sorry guys, but Armarouge isn't going anywhere.
For now, since Arceus VStar still exists, its a good partner. Trinity Nova into a second Arceus in the back or another V pokemon and you have an engine going. My current feeling is that it will have a similar shell with Arceus/Giratina/Bibarel, but replace Colress with Rika/your preferred draw supporters and paths with 4 Magma Basins. I will agree after Arceus rotates its going to have to find another partner accelerator to work with, but with what it has now, it's definitely decent. Maybe not league topping, but not unplayable.

I have to agree. Dialga VSTAR saw very little success (even during a format with Metal Saucers and the only relevant fire attacker being Radiant Charizard) and Dialga also let you skip your opponents turn once per game (and while Dialga is less bulky, if Path is in play it's actually more bulky), so there is no reason to believe Armarouge will make any waves.

... that said, if we get a Ceruledge ex that is fire-type or has a strong attack that can be powered by colorless energy, things can turn around.
The difference is that Dialga is very feast or famine with Star Chronos. The Metal Saucer turbo build demands you to get 5 metals ASAP and Star Chronos a basic V for a 4-prize double KO. If you didnt get that magic turn, after one counter KO, Dialga sputters immediately because youve banked all of your resources into one Dialga.

The current Magnezone build is slightly more resillient, but its reliance on rare candy and coin flip (open 6 top deck and hope you find 3-4 energies) is a wall that will never give it the thing other competitive decks have: consistency.

Armarogue, being an ex pokemon, allows itself to use a support VStar, e.g. Arceus, to help it set up as well as accelerate fire energies back to the bench.

The biggest weakness for it right now is the fact that Chien Pao is among the top decks, and the fact you can only bring 4 Charcadets.

It's good but is only useful if you draw it in your opening hand. With 4 copies, youre still looking at a 40% chance you can start with it. Then you're left with 3 dead cards in your deck. God forbid you also dont draw multiple in your opening hand as that's even less resources to start with. The risk is just too high if you want to waste 4 deck slots for this card.
This is why I like this in Lost Box since if in case you don't start with Comfey, you have a safe opening hand. Then use the remaining three for discard fodder due to Comfey and Colress.

It's good but is only useful if you draw it in your opening hand. With 4 copies, youre still looking at a 40% chance you can start with it. Then you're left with 3 dead cards in your deck. God forbid you also dont draw multiple in your opening hand as that's even less resources to start with. The risk is just too high if you want to waste 4 deck slots for this card.
didn't catch the play restriction for the rest of the game. What a pointless card.

Double sets only get 2 supporters though.

I assume you've a list of revealed cards?

If not, then you can try and do so since the numbering helps with knowing what potential cards can come out. There's a space between Sada and Mela so there's already 3 supporters. Then, the sets should parallel each other, so another supporter above Professor Turo.

Even with the ability and a full bench of mice the mouse family still can't ko a zard or even a Gardi without modifiers, what a shame. Still gonna make the mice deck though.
Fake news, you have clearly never flipped 33 heads in a row ?

Back