Armarouge ex, Golisopod ex, Illustration Rares, and More from “Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Revealed!

Armarogue ex has the same damage numbers as Dialga Vstar, cool!
Definitely intended to be used in tandem with the Fire Off one.
It's essentially Centiskorch Vmax but much better. In essence it has similar HP, the same Attack, and only gives up 2 prize cards. Path to the Peak hurts it and getting on the Energy might be hard at times but I think it's a great Pokémon. You'll see it in Decks for sure.

My guess is if they do, it will probably be Psychic type, since they probably wouldn't make both of them fire type.
That was what I was thinking. I think the only reason Armarouge wasn't Psychic was because Ghost type is also Psychic. Ceruledge will be Psychic even though I believe with how similar the type are that Ghosts should fall under Dark type but that's irrelevant. I'd love a good Psychic type Ceruledge. I prefer Fire type but like you said they shouldn't both be the and type.

That was what I was thinking. I think the only reason Armarouge wasn't Psychic was because Ghost type is also Psychic. Ceruledge will be Psychic even though I believe with how similar the type are that Ghosts should fall under Dark type but that's irrelevant. I'd love a good Psychic type Ceruledge. I prefer Fire type but like you said they shouldn't both be the and type.
What would be cool is if they made a Ceruledge ex that was psychic type, but have it's attack be colorless energy instead like Armorouge ex of just psychic, so you can play them both in a deck, since they both evolve from Charcadet. An Armorouge, Ceruledge deck.

What would be cool is if they made a Ceruledge ex that was psychic type, but have it's attack be colorless energy instead like Armorouge ex of just psychic, so you can play them both in a deck, since they both evolve from Charcadet. An Armorouge, Ceruledge deck.
That would be interesting. I'm just curious what kind of ability and Attack it would get? Even crazier would be if it was a tera ex.

That would be interesting. I'm just curious what kind of ability and Attack it would get? Even crazier would be if it was a tera ex.
A Tera Ceruledge ex would be interesting, give it a good type that can maybe compliment Armorouge ex, and a full colorless attack cost like Armorouge ex, so they both can be their own deck :)

A Tera Ceruledge ex would be interesting, give it a good type that can maybe compliment Armorouge ex, and a full colorless attack cost like Armorouge ex, so they both can be their own deck :)
Ya it would be so cool to see a split Evolution work together in the same Deck. Maybe Ceruledge could have an ability that helps accelerate energy to Armarouge? Which would be funny as I would think Ceruledge would be the attacker and Armarouge more the support but it would make for an interesting relationship

No, you will still require at least one Basic Pokémon in your deck, cards like these which can be put into play as if it were a Basic Pokémon do not actually count as Basic Pokémon.
Yeah I just tested it and you're right. I tried making a deck in PTCGL with only 1 Explosiveness Luxray (which works similar to this Snorlax Doll in that you can play it at the beginning of the game during setup) and 59 energy, and it said I needed a basic Pokemon still. Cool to know!

Yeah I just tested it and you're right. I tried making a deck in PTCGL with only 1 Explosiveness Luxray (which works similar to this Snorlax Doll in that you can play it at the beginning of the game during setup) and 59 energy, and it said I needed a basic Pokemon still. Cool to know!
It's right in this case, but do NOT trust PTCGL for rulings! It is often very glitchy. PTCGO, which wasn't as glitchy, could not be trusted for rulings either.

SAR Altaria being #090 means that we are likely getting 7 exs instead of the usual 6.

Double sets only get 2 supporters though.
Scarlet ex and Violet ex both had 4 Supporters. Furthermore, looking at the numbers, in Ancient Roar 64 is Sada and 66 is Mela, meaning 65 has to be a Supporter, while in Future Flash 65 and 66 are Supporters, but since Ancient Roar has 3, it's very likely Future Flash has the same.

Toedscruel: insanely good in control. Only downside is that it doesn't stop Super Rod. Interesting nonetheless.

Magby: all the babies so far have been just short of being decent, but this one might have a use, if being damaged includes Lost Mine.

Armarouge: actually not bad. Taking 80 less at full HP is a godsend, effectively making it 340HP, which only those who hit the water weakness are gonna OHKO it. Also these will be our 6th and 7th Character printings.

Golisopod: maybe??? The 170/retreat for 1 is not bad at all, but Lightning is a very common weakness to have, so it's 50/50 for me.

Vaultin' Veluza: another Pokemon that doesn't evolve or get any rule box cards to make it interesting. Lost a real one today.

Altaria: I'm mixed on this one. On one hand, Elegant Heal and an attack that effectively is Big Parasol is not half bad, but 140 seems low considering we're getting up into the 300's for HP now, so two-shoting 280 doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

Maushold: if that ability includes the Tandemaus the Maushold evolves from, now that's a lotta damage.

Espathra: it's just ok

Counter Catcher: a staple of mill and control decks for years. An absolutely nuts card.

Snorlax Doll: please tell me that's a typo and it isn't completely useless.
Snorlax doll is far from useless ... not sure what you are talking about.

I'm sorry to rain on the believers, but Armarouge seems very underwhelming. The idea is cool in theory, build a big Armarouge and guarantee at least 2 OHKOs with it because they'll have to hit it twice to kill it, but it's relatively easy in this format to put some damage on it to ensure the ability is not online, plus, how do you build it up? The multiplier on the attack is not insane, so you do need tons of energy still to get to OHKO territory against opposing Stage 2 exes, and Basin is not enough to do that. The best acceleration Fire has right now?...Charizard, which is already a deck, and wouldn't benefit from another stage 1 line clogging the deck. Charizard is bigger, hits harder more easily, sets itself up...Sorry guys, but Armarouge isn't going anywhere.

I'm sorry to rain on the believers, but Armarouge seems very underwhelming. The idea is cool in theory, build a big Armarouge and guarantee at least 2 OHKOs with it because they'll have to hit it twice to kill it, but it's relatively easy in this format to put some damage on it to ensure the ability is not online, plus, how do you build it up? The multiplier on the attack is not insane, so you do need tons of energy still to get to OHKO territory against opposing Stage 2 exes, and Basin is not enough to do that. The best acceleration Fire has right now?...Charizard, which is already a deck, and wouldn't benefit from another stage 1 line clogging the deck. Charizard is bigger, hits harder more easily, sets itself up...Sorry guys, but Armarouge isn't going anywhere.
I have to agree. Dialga VSTAR saw very little success (even during a format with Metal Saucers and the only relevant fire attacker being Radiant Charizard) and Dialga also let you skip your opponents turn once per game (and while Dialga is less bulky, if Path is in play it's actually more bulky), so there is no reason to believe Armarouge will make any waves.

... that said, if we get a Ceruledge ex that is fire-type or has a strong attack that can be powered by colorless energy, things can turn around.

Toedscruel: insanely good in control. Only downside is that it doesn't stop Super Rod. Interesting nonetheless.

Magby: all the babies so far have been just short of being decent, but this one might have a use, if being damaged includes Lost Mine.

Armarouge: actually not bad. Taking 80 less at full HP is a godsend, effectively making it 340HP, which only those who hit the water weakness are gonna OHKO it. Also these will be our 6th and 7th Charcadet printings.

Golisopod: maybe??? The 170/retreat for 1 is not bad at all, but Lightning is a very common weakness to have, so it's 50/50 for me.

Vaultin' Veluza: another Pokemon that doesn't evolve or get any rule box cards to make it interesting. Lost a real one today.

Altaria: I'm mixed on this one. On one hand, Elegant Heal and an attack that effectively is Big Parasol is not half bad, but 140 seems low considering we're getting up into the 300's for HP now, so two-shoting 280 doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

Maushold: if that ability includes the Tandemaus the Maushold evolves from, now that's a lotta damage.

Espathra: it's just ok

Counter Catcher: a staple of mill and control decks for years. An absolutely nuts card.

Snorlax Doll: please tell me that's a typo and it isn't completely useless.
hey! appraising cards is N's Rhyperior's job!

Back