Armarouge ex, Golisopod ex, Illustration Rares, and More from “Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Revealed!

I always appreciate getting more Altaria and Swablu cards <3

Lowkey hoping they won't see any play so that I can buy them later for cheap haha

Is the Detective Pikachu card PTCG Japan just posted on their IG a new card? I hadn’t seen it before.

Snorlax doll is nuts.
Is this the first time we have a "ground seal" effect? I like it, but the cost for running it makes it unlikely to see play.

Flittle/Espathra - A Psychic garchomp! now all we need is an ex.
Toedscool/Toedscruel - Cant really think of any practical use now, but might be cool later!
Magby - with revenge punch, your opponent might have to swing into a baby pokemon for 100 damage!
Veluza - meh. I like this in chien pao for cheap finishes
Wimpod/Golispod ex - Hit and run!
Charcadet/Armorouge ex - A big beefy boy!
Snorlax Doll - Act as a 5th basic.
Tandemaus/Maushold ex - 120 damage rocky helmet is cool!
Swablu/Altaria ex - might be cool when tsareena rotates

I like these artworks more than in the last 2 Japanese sets.
I don't like the Pokémon Veluza or Toedscruel at all, but those artworks are worth collecting.

I wonder if Elekid will be in this set.... if it is, then it will be a Brucey bonus seeing that Mantyke will also be in this set.

YES, YES, YES!

My favorite Pokemon of all time, Magby, is returning to the TCG after over 10 years! Its regular art is beautiful and it even has an illustration rare!

Sander Wojcik and Liam Haliburton will probably at least enjoy experimenting with Counter Catcher.

Armorouge would be at least neat if it had any decent acceleration. Effective 340 HP on a 2-prize stage 1 is no joke, and there would be matchups where it would always live a hit. Just that right now, it can't hit back.

Toedscruel would require a very specific metagame to work well, as the decks it can primarily deal with right now are Gholdengo ex, Bax/Pao, and if it ever showed its face again it is useful against Sablezard in blocking Klara. That's nowhere near enough right now with how many decks are sitting in good standing, even if Gholdengo proved it could hold its own and Sablezard returned with a vengeance.

One thing that no one here has brought up about Maushold ex yet is that you can technically can get more than 120 damage from its ability through Zoroark putting Maushold ex into play. With Maushold's attack only doing 100-120, you really kinda need to have the chance of putting up 6 mice else you just fall behind in damage against anything bigger than 220 HP. It's way too low of damage if you only go for a maximum 4 mice, and rather annoying to maintain if you start going for more than 4. It seems way more straightforward just to go for Family Attack's 210-280 damage.

Would Altaria ex be good for Regidrago Vstar?
At the end of the day Regidrago is clunky Regidrago, but this is useful for Regidrago against Lost Tina specifically. Even if Drago is consistently setting up, Lost Tina is normally a bad matchup for it, and the only other ways to push that matchup in Drago's favor is to Boss Snipe a solo Tina V. Garchomp V is doable too, but that card is super impractical with being a basic and having a discard-3 on it. Altaria feels a lot safer a pick.

Except no one plays it nowadays.
even if we don't consider how good it is in control, counter catcher itself is an insane effect.

having the value of a supporter card while only being an item card should pretty obviously be incredible, and the requirement of being behind is completely fine

decks built upon stage 2 cards (zard ex, gardevoir ex, the soon-to-release garchomp ex) often have to catch up on the prize trade with big OHKO's that can only be accomplished in the mid to late game. counter catcher will be an amazing way to facilitate comebacks for these slower decks, so i think it's frankly going to be one of the best items in the meta

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but they made a Golisopod that can retreat to the bench after attacking at the same time they "reprinted" a "Poké Doll", as well as giving us a Espathra that becomes completely inmune the turn it evolves. Right now we've Mimikyu V, though, which can even be reused with Penny.
Snorlax Doll serves an extremely specific purpose and it isn't hit and run

The fact that there are 2 charcadets revealed makes me think there will also be a ceruledge in this set, hopefully a ceruledge ex

paradox rift is shaping up to be the coolest set of the scarlet & violet era so far and it isn't even close. absolutely in love with almost every card revealed so far
I totally agree! Its hard to say definitively before the set is officially released, but I think this could beat Crown Zenith as the best set of the year!

unbelievably excited about the wimpod, golisopod, swablu, altaria and veluza arts

Snorlax doll is nuts.
Is this the first time we have a "ground seal" effect? I like it, but the cost for running it makes it unlikely to see play.
It's good but is only useful if you draw it in your opening hand. With 4 copies, youre still looking at a 40% chance you can start with it. Then you're left with 3 dead cards in your deck. God forbid you also dont draw multiple in your opening hand as that's even less resources to start with. The risk is just too high if you want to waste 4 deck slots for this card.

Back