XY Are You Going to Spoil Yourself This Generation?

I can never really "spoil" pokemon for myself. Looking at everything that's released only makes me more eager to play the game!

Ooh, I will spoil myself and how! To me there is no loss or gain in this situation, the game will still be fun to play.
Little secret, the last time I played a pokemon game without knowing almost everything
was sapphire and that was only because I couldn't understand English yet...

I think I'll stay away from Pokemon Forums until X and Y come out, I've spoiled myself enough. See ya in about 2 months guys, bye.

I like to know the full pokedex before I go into a game, because if I don't get it right away, at least I have knowledge of the new guys. But as for plot points and really secret stuff, I try to stay away from, unless by the end of the game I need help with unlocking/finding the secret stuff.

I completely researched White before i played it. Got bored fast. Didn't look much into B2/W2, and the fun lasted longer, though i did look up stuff later since i couldnt find what i needed.

As I liked my W2 playthrough much better than White, Ill just be looking forward to the full dex and not get into exactly where this or that happens in the game and i should be at least this level before going here etc. Ill probably do that in my second game [im getting both], as ill be attempting a nuzlocke in that.

don()shinobi said:
I want to know the Pokemon, their general stats, general movepool, evolution methods, and where to find them.
That's it.
Yep... especially now with the reveal of Mega Pokemon, I'm gonna want to know all of that!

I will look at all officially released stuff, but once it hits October 12 in Japan/Australia I'm giving my laptop and phone to my boyfriend until after I have my game cartridge. Blind Pokemon is something I have not experienced since Red Version and I'm looking forward to not knowing everything about the game, and especially not knowing all the Pokemon. I figure I'll give myself 36 hours of playtime or so before I reconnect to the online world. I should be good and stuck by then.

Rozureido said:
I will look at all officially released stuff, but once it hits October 12 in Japan/Australia I'm giving my laptop and phone to my boyfriend until after I have my game cartridge. Blind Pokemon is something I have not experienced since Red Version and I'm looking forward to not knowing everything about the game, and especially not knowing all the Pokemon. I figure I'll give myself 36 hours of playtime or so before I reconnect to the online world. I should be good and stuck by then.

This is why I'm going to try and get the game a month later, so all non-event Pokémon are known.

No, it's definitely too late for me to not spoil myself. I do this every generation. When the game is released i probably won't look up how to do certain things because I want to figure that out on my own.

I decided that for this generation, I'd follow along with all the official reveals, so I'm good so far. But if the whole plotline or roster get leaked before launch, I'll be avoiding those. It'll be nice to for once run across some completely unknown Pokémon in the wild. I've only ever had that before with Gens. I and III.

I think I kinda already spoiled myself, I've read almost all the information that we have so far. The only thing I didn't really spoil for myself are the friends the player has and the other characters. I think knowing how the story will go lessens the fun.

I told myself: "Don't look at the pokemon news." But once I saw those Mega Evolutions, I went ballistic. However, just like Fancy above me I think I will decide to stay away from the plot so its a surprise to me when I play. After all, discovering something on your own is more fun, than discovering something you already knew about.

Yeah, I'll spoil myself. Yeah, it'll probably make the main storyline a little less enjoyable for me. I don't care. When it comes to Pokémon, my curiosity gets the best of me, every single time. I simply HAVE to absorb all possible information into my brain as soon as possible. It's honestly the only series I have such a crushing lack of self-control with, and I'm not sure why!

FennekinWright said:
Yeah, I'll spoil myself. Yeah, it'll probably make the main storyline a little less enjoyable for me. I don't care. When it comes to Pokémon, my curiosity gets the best of me, every single time. I simply HAVE to absorb all possible information into my brain as soon as possible. It's honestly the only series I have such a crushing lack of self-control with, and I'm not sure why!

You want to know why? BECAUSE OF THE INTERNET! :) ~access to all the information. Best of luck to you and your lack of control bud. :)

This game is going to rock, my mind is so ready, my body not so much.

This is rather an interesting question. I think I'm going to leave it as a surprise until im ready to build up a team when i beat the game. then like others have said i will read a guide and try to see what i have missed "D

I am not going to spoil myself as bad as I did with Black and White. It is nearly impossible to be on the Internet and not get a little spoiled about new releases.

I feel as though I have seen enough information that I have needed. However I must need to know as much information on the shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. As they might cause in game event. Like in black and white. So I think I will try to ignore information not relevant to those 3 Pokemon.

I'll look at the entire dex (part of me wants it to be leaked in full) so I can hunt down all the awesome new Pokemon!!

I will with the new pokemon but probably not the plot I will just look up info if I really need to.I'm curious about something but not sure where to ask anyways how many pokemon do you think there will be? and I just remembered weren't they working on these games for awhile? I thought I read somewhere before BW2 came out that Gamefreak or someone wanted to hurry and get B2W2 out so they can focus on the upcoming games it just makes me wonder how big Kalos is

Here's how I feel. I say that if they want to give us all this information before the game launches, then it's fine to look into. However, let's say the entire Pokedex is leaked before the release date, then I won't look at it. Therefore, I get more thrill out of the game by encountering pokemon I've actually never seen before.

To sum it up, stuff that was officially announced is okay to see because that was their intention, but otherwise, say it was leaked, then that's a no-no. And I've never actually done this before (I remember watching some video with the entire list of Unova's Pokedex before B/W came out), so this is going to be new and awesome to me.

I have a feeling that Oorotto won't be announced to the U.S., and if that's the case I've already screwed up there, but it is just one pokemon.

Back