Archeops + KGL + Kyurem possibilities

Avacado

See you space cowboy...
Kyogre&Groundon Legend

EDIT: We can't really see the text, so I'm taking the liberty of adding the link as well as the translation for Kyurem. ~EspeonROX.

Kyogre & Groudon LEGEND from HS-Undaunted.

180px-KyuremRedCollection24.jpg

Kyurem - Water - HP130
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Outrage: 20+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage times the number of damage counter on this Pokemon.
[W][W][C]: Glaciate: This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

rawr! >
567.png

If the new card Archeops does get prehistoric power (which doesnt allow either play to play any evolution cards), then I'm making it my deck. Of course when you see it you may automatically think of using it with basics like reshiram/zekrom/ those cloud brothers and any other strong basics. But it can also work with Legends since your not using evolution cards.

I thought of using it with KGL, since i love the legend and the milling/spread damage/disruption it can do. But as of recently it doesnt do so well because of magnezone and other better stronger decks. That's where Archeops comes in to stop them! When it comes out (and if it does have that ability) it'll work great to help slow down/disrupt your opponents.

Along with Archeops, KGL needs some sort of other attacker to help it. Future card Kyurem can fit that role. It's sort of like reshi/zekrom; it has 130 hp, its a basic, and has outrage for 2 colorless energy or a DCE (which KGL uses too) along with water energy. It's second attack is what's nice; Glaciate does a nice 30 damage spread to all your opponents benched pokemon for 2 water and a colorless.

This attacks works nicely with KGL's mega tidal wave which discards your opponents top 5 cards and does 30 times the number of energy you discarded to your opponents bench to k.o pokemon. (I think this attack does somewhat better in the HGSS format because many decks run a high energy count, such as reshiram/magnezone/emboar even zekrom if it doesnt get the donk.)

Of coarse this is not always an effective way to win but the milling can hurt your opponent and possibly deck them out.

Feraligator prime is also nice in this deck but the problem is archeops. So i been thinking of running a small line of it and try to get it out asap before seting up archeops but this could get clumsy.

The new upcoming supporter N can also help with the disruption along with judge.

This is my deck list so far, tell me what you think.

2-2 KGL
1-1-1 Fergy
2-2 Archeops
2 Kyurem
4 Starter (mantine/manaphy/cleffa)

3 or 4 Collector
4 Communication
2-3 Disruption Supporter (judge/N/Team rockets trickery)
3 Junk Arm
3 Reversals/Catcher
2-3 Switch Because if Archeops does have the power people will be running reversals or catchers to drag up Archeops and kill it. So switch can help.

3 SSU to pick up a damaged Legend
2 I.Q
2-3 Recovery Cards (energy retrieval or fisherman or Flower shop Lady)

12 Water
4 DCE

Now the card may not even end up having that ability, it could end up just saying "when you play this card your opponent gets a prize" or something and this deck could all be for nothing but still tell me what you think and if it's a good ideal and what it needs.

Thanks for reading.

RE: Archeops + KGL possibilities

Archeops is a Fossil pokemon, effectively making it a stage 2 with fossil being a basic so you need some Fossil trainers in your list, so 3-4 rare candy is a good idea.

also zekrom is still a problem. everything in their deck is basic and your still weak to them. imo donphan is a must play in any KGL deck.

its a nice idea though. i fully intend to try out KGL and kyurem. if played right this deck could work very well. in theory at least.

RE: Archeops + KGL possibilities

^In fact, Archeops is a Stage 1 Pokemon, not a stage 2. Check out the scans on the main site.

I do not think this deck will work very well for one very logical reason. Your own deck needs to set up a stage 2 Pokémon, and by the time you have managed to do that your opponent will have done the same. Your opponent has the same - if not higher - chance of setting up their Pokémon before you can get Feraligatr and Archeops on to the field. The fact that you need to set up a far too thin stage 2 line, a stage one AND an attacker while they need 1-2 stage 2 Pokémon does not help your chances.

Just saying, if you can evolve before Archeops hits the field - so can your opponent.

Youre right i did some sem testing and it is a bit, as said, clumsy and hard to get out fergy and like you said if i can set up a 2 then they probably can.

Archeops might work better with other legends that dont require too much energy. But KGL nned 3-4 energy/turns.

I might end up just running KGL/Kyruem/Ferg.

Ditch Feraligatr. He's too bulky. If you really like Feraligatr, then drop KGL entirely. This strategy requires too much to get up and running. It takes too long to set up while you could be Glaciating with Kyurem.

If you run KGL/Kyurem/Gatr, you're gonna need Bronzong as your starter to grab KGL out of your deck, or else you're out of an attacker. I think this deck is really slow though. (Zekrom owns it.) :/

Back