Arceus Religion

infmach

can't get Bridgit Mendler out of my mind
Do you believe Arceus is very loved by japanese people?
I believe this since the Waves thing, the "synergy", the level 100, the three Lv.X's

Whilst they are overkilling with the Arceus, I think they have to because they have nothing else to make a set off.
Between R/S/E and D/P, The card people made the Delta Species, because all the other sets had based off games, they had nothing to base off until D/P. The final set, PK was designed by America itself because they had no D/P yet, whilst Japan did.
With Platnium, they've made 4 sets, including this one. They're out of stimulus to make the set...so they'll focus it on Arceus, the last significant thing left in the D/P arc. Next set is probably going to be based off the HG/SS, that or something else.
That or they REALLY love Arceus.

I guess I could ask this in this thread, seeing as it's somehow related...

How on earth do you "Level Up" a Pokémon if it's already at Lv. 100?! D:

FireMeowth said:

LOL, they should have been made at Lv. 99 =P

If they loved it they would've at least made the deck playable. =/

And you know it's unplayable how? By seeing 3 out of 12 cards, not accounting for any specific support? Yeah.

If it was going to be playable. they would have to create a card that blocks Mewtwo LV.X, since you have to have six Arceus in play. I seriously doubt they would do such a thing. I'm not 100% sure obviously, but its what I predict.

Zyflair said:
If it was going to be playable. they would have to create a card that blocks Mewtwo LV.X, since you have to have six Arceus in play. I seriously doubt they would do such a thing. I'm not 100% sure obviously, but its what I predict.

Maybe Arceus Lv.X blocks Poke-Bodies?

They already made a Dialga G LV.X that blocks all bodies except for SP Pokemon... so why would they create a card that'll create more controversy?

So I'm going to have to assume that Arceus will make Dialga G obsolete in order to become playable. Tch. If that's what you believe then you'll just have to wait. I'll go pay attention to more promising cards.

One, even if there was a decent engine, we'll still have the issue of Mewtwo LV.X. Two, if they find a way to break through Psybarrier, then we'll always have that same old basic weakness.

Zyflair said:
One, even if there was a decent engine, we'll still have the issue of Mewtwo LV.X. Two, if they find a way to break through Psybarrier, then we'll always have that same old basic weakness.
3. Lets wait til the rest of the set comes out and see how it goes we might just get another crystal shard out of this

The reason they're pumping out so many Arceus cards is because it's brand-new. It also stars in the movie that will come out at about the same time as the set is.

As for now, Arceus isn't TOO playable. However, we still have to see the remaining nine Arceus cards (including the three Level Xs) and any potential support it could get. (Like Charon's Choice for Rotom decks)

Zyflair said:

arceus, psichic type, attack:

{P}{C}{C} 60 damage, when doing damage for this attack, negate all effects on the defending pokemon. (or something with better grammar)

arceus, XxX type, pokebody: prevent all effects of attack, excluding damage done to arceus.

arceus, XxX type, pokebody: all pokebodys stop working, none can be activated anymore (exept for any arceus card)

one of those could be on the lv. X, others not, but nintendo obviousley wants to make them playable, so they will figure this out too,

FireMeowth said:

I always imagined it as being some variable over 100. Like edgy and beyond the level 100 scope.

I think they screwed up Arceus... 70/80 HP?? It should have at least 120 HP... I mean, 'Gigas LA holo has that amount and it's not the pokémon god... I guess they made it that way because it would probably be broken a basic pokémon with 120 HP, 1 retreat cost (or possibly 0) and attacks with high damage output...

The thing about the Arceus concept and rules is that it wouldn't work at all if they didn't completely over do it. The colorless one we've seen wouldn't work at all unless they made at least six of them.

I think its a neat idea to allow you any number of a card you want. I've been hoping they would do that with eevees since fossil.

Back