• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aqua Splash (Team Aqua's Kyogre / Muk)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Aqua Kyogre EX
    4-4 Aqua Muk
    2 Reshiram
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Team Aqua Great Ball
    1 Ultra Ball
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Computer Search
    3 Team Aqua Hideout
    1 Sacred Ash
    2 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Startling Megaphone
    3 Switch

4 N
    4 Professor Sycamore
    2 Lysandre
    2 Team Aqua Admins
    3 VS Seeker
Energy:

• 3 Psychic Energy
    7 Water Energy
    4 Double Aqua Energy

Strategy:
I had a proper look at the team aqua magma cards and came up with this deck idea.
Team Aqua's Kyogre EX seems like a powerful basic pokemon that has hp value lying just outside of the max damage that most decks cater for, whilst also having an attack that ohkos even the new primal pokemon. Its in theory an absurdly strong card when also paired with the support of team aqua decks. This might be enough for it to overcome its flaws- its ability, weakness, and expensive attack. Muk is also a huge threat on the bench, boosting Kyogre's attack by 20 while also making it harder and harder for the opponent to retreat from hypnolaser. I think this deck can manage without HAVING to play silent lab to cancel out kyogre's ugly ability, but I might add one copy later for darkrai EX.

Muk has an attack that ohkos pyroar with laser, and Reshiram has an attack that can potentially ohko Virgen (or at least leave a huge dent) with muscle band, which are the two main threats. Muk can be powered up in a single turn with admins and double aqua energy which is good. laser is also seems decent when my opponent doesn't have the opportunity to manually switch out of poison thanks to muk causing a huge retreat cost. sacred ash is essential to the deck since i have 7 basic team aqua pokemon and when that drops to 3, its game over for aqua kyogre thanks to its dreadful ability- sacred ash is a better option than silent lab because getting an additional 20 damage is essential from the stadium. i also really like sacred ash anyway. startling megaphone also essential because getting rid of float stone is 100% necessary.

Feedback much appreciated. Do I need more ultra balls/dive balls? I wanted to run at least 1 ultra ball because its a way to discard energy for admins. Darkrai EX is the biggest problem in this deck, and makes me want to run a silent lab or two. but its not an option to run instead of hideout, so i would have to find a free slot or two for it.

RE: Aqua Splash (Team Aqua's Kyogre/Muk)

Could you please update your original post to include scans / text of all cards not currently released in English? Thanks!

Back