• Forza Motorsport 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Kart 64

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starrk

Who are these people?! ;-;
What do you think?I would say Dragon Ball Raging Blast.It received much anticipation however,many after just few hours of gameplay,thought the game became dull like deserted in a sense.I felt a bit dpressed that there were only 70 accessible characters,Less than 7 Stages and jerky playability.

You may also add your own titles here as well,if you were confused by the title.Do so freely.

You missed the only answer to this question... ET. Good job ;D

Would you say that DB anything is anticipated? Anime/movie based games are assumed to be bad... and are surprising when they are good. None the less, Atari made such a big hype about ET that was fully blown out by how bad it was. Your list is pretty questionable. GT5 got decent ratings... not above standards... but not below. SMB2 was fine... just wasn't a Mario game. MK64 was a big step for Mario into the 64bit world. FF14... yeah it was bad. Sonic next gen had no anticipation because past sonic games were already god awful. It was actually a step up from the sonic games around that time. Overall, your list is pretty biased and fails to include the only logical answer to this question. No one can dispute... I am correct on this. If you don't believe me, go take a trip to New Mexico.

Also, let me point out, 70 is a big number as far as fighting games go. Most games barely have 40. Don't complain that every fighting game isn't MvC. That'd be like saying that every shooter should be just like CoD... doesn't work.

@Zero,Yes I can certainly adapt to your point of most fighting genres having only 40-.However if you were to take a gander at Dragon Ball Bt3,Nearly the entire roster was at maximum 150+.It is beyond comprehension as to why Namco would release a so called ''New Game'' and yet has half of what roster Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had.Yes it does improve upon follow ups and such.But in Dragon Ball standards,90+ is far too little.

Gran Turismo 5,From my view is not a Horrid game,it is a decent simulator that is half finished.Yes it promises you 1000 vehicles to choose from.What they do not tell you is that 800 (80%) of those vehicles are ripped straight from Gran Turismo 4 while the other 20% are ACTUALLY fully rendered after five years and $64.89 and this is all they come with?I figure it takes some time to create a cockpit view of a vehicle but 5 years surely should have been enough.It is a very decent simulator but there is certainly room for improvement.

Forza Motorsport 3 is also a decent Simulator,my only complaint is that it is dishonest in the fact that the director (I believe Che Chou) has bribed others for critical reviews of its brand and that is just plain dishonesty.Apparently offering a ''Unicorn'' (Car within game) for votes.

This list is not biased and is pointing out the flaws of Both these games.

Mario kart 64 lacked in character roster and most of everything had already been unlocked at the start giving you no incentive to truly play the game.

This list is not biased

Well if it were an open discussion we would be free to post games of our own rather than being constrained to a specific list of games?

^Oh no you are certainly free to do so....I'm sorry I did not post that earlier.

As far as largest failure of an anticipated game goes I'd say Sonic next gen hands down. I may not be a Sonic fan, but its hard to argue against it. When Sega announced it fans were going crazy and were eager to get a new 3D Sonic game on the new consoles. What they got was an unfinished and untested game that was full of rehashes. It is arguably the largest example of how to disappoint a fanbase. Where other games can be called bad, or even unfinished in some cases at least you aren't going through poorly made stages 4 times and getting stuck in invisible walls in the middle of a map.

For me in specific the greatest failure would be Crash of the Titans. I was a die-hard Crash fan (after all it was my first game) all good in the PS games and where the PS2 games started to drop the ball at least they had the same principles, mechanics, and atmosphere of their predecessors. Being play as a crazy brainless marsupial, break stuff by spinning, and beat up a foolish scientist (or his former pets in Twinsanity) while having plenty of humor in Twinsanity's case. Then with Crash of the Titans they mess with the characters, try to make a simple series into a more childish story, and worst of all they destroyed the game-play. You like spinning well now your main attack is punching and spinning is a more limited move. They also focus more on the controlling the enemies instead of controlling Crash. The most terrifing thing is that Crash (a once completely silent hero due to his stupidity) speaks. It is a complete abomination to any fan who loved Crash from the early days. It makes me sad that the game I started with has devolved into such a state and the worst part is that this has happened to many great games though they have mixed success.

Yeah the sonic incident is definitely classic example of overhype.

Actually I find that in the games industry today, expectations are almost never ever met. There's a vicious cycle of hype pushing up expectations, plus also the new generation of gamers having super high expectations and more likely to find fault with even the smallest things (*cough*US names for BW starters *cough*).

XieRH said:
Yeah the sonic incident is definitely classic example of overhype.

Actually I find that in the games industry today, expectations are almost never ever met. There's a vicious cycle of hype pushing up expectations, plus also the new generation of gamers having super high expectations and more likely to find fault with even the smallest things (*cough*US names for BW starters *cough*).

THIS. All of it.
It's unfortunate. Another more recent incident includes Disney's Epic Mickey. It's still a great game, but it was soo hyped up at E3, and gamers were all ">_< MEH" when they got their hands on it (which is kind of stupid, because for a Disney game, it's pretty "up" there). There are so few games that actually met standards, like Super Mario Galaxy 2, for example.

Force Unleashed 2, IMO. The game was about half as long as the first one and there were about half as many force powers. This would be okay if the plot was epic, but it wasn't as good as the first. Maybe it's because I used a different system this time?

*cough*scribblenaughts*cough*
But I went for sonic straight away. However Fable 3 was shorter, more limited and overall a medioka game compared to Fable 2. Alot of people at my school were hoping for Fable 3. They were dissapointed.

...and B/W

Mass effect 2
Because they tried to make it more adult, that failed. And i think mass effect 3 will crash and burn.

Any DBZ after Budokai Tenkaichi
Tried new concepts but they came out boring.

Crash of the titans/ Mind over mutant
Really bad game play. Lack of story or anythin new.

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

I had played the first one (for Gamecube) and it was great. Then I bought Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity and I hated it. The controls were tough and hard to memorize. The reaction was bad and the CPU's were extremely hard to beat. I expected this to be a fun multiplayer game but it was a story-based, tough, un-fun racing game.

Maybe they should make a Sonic Riders on the Wii balance board.

Back