Anime Recommendations?

Zero

Renegade Writer
I just finished watching FMA, and I need another anime to watch. Please recommend good animes if you can. :) No romantic/pervy (Bleach pervy is ok, but that's about it) content please. I just don't find it interesting.

What I've watched/am watching:
-FMA
-Bleach
-Naruto (stopped watching so shuddup. The fillers sucked).
-Death Note
-Code Geass
-Megaman
-Zatch Bell
-Legend of Zelda (if you call it anime)
-Mario (if you call it anime)

I like Legendz. It's rather completely silly at first, but as the story line progresses, the, it gets plenty serious and is just epic. Only problem is half of it hasn't been subbed.

Rozen Maiden and Fruit Basket are also some good choices.

If you're looking for a good comedy and/or sci-fi anime, I highly recommend Keroro Gunsou. It's about a platoon of bumbling alien frogs and their attempts to achieve world domination. Yes, I thought it sounded stupid too, but it's one of those things you really have to watch rather than hear about (very few descriptions can do it justice). I also see that you're a fan of Nintendo-related shows. In that case, I recommend Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby of the Stars). Just whatever you do, don't watch the 4Kids dub.

I'm not a fan of Nintendo-based shows... anymore. I watched them when I was 5. Honestly, I'd prefer a more serious anime.

What about Devil May Cry the Animated Series. I really liked that one. Although its kinda short.

My friend goes on and on about Vampire Knight, but I have no idea what the show is about. She's also said something about Wolf's Rain, but I know nothing about it. I've watched Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and it was very good. I have another recommendation, but I'm not sure if it's totally appropriate.

Now, for my favorite... Lucky Star. Every guy has told me that it's girly, though. Haha. :D

EDIT: I guess Vampire Knight is a sorta-ish romance. Just to warn you, since you don't seem to be the type to like those kinds of anime.

^I try to watch Lucky Star every so-often. It just gets boring due to the lack of storyline.

I'll check out Vampire Knight.

Someone PMed me about D. Gray-Man. Is it worth watching?

Lucky Star's supposed to be slow, lol. It's kinda one of those shows that you watch to kill time.

D.Gray-Man looks... odd. *shrugs*

Another anime that I've heard is good is Birdy the Mighty Decode. Seems to be sci-fi. Interesting animation style, too.

z-man said:
Someone PMed me about D. Gray-Man. Is it worth watching?

If you like an anime that ends abruptly when it's just getting good. Read the manga instead. D. Gray-Man's anime got the Air Gear treatment.

If your a fan of mecha anime, Gundam 00 is a great series to check out. That's one of my current anime of choice outside of the long running series I follow. Another being Soul Eater, but that's has no end in sight.

If you're looking for something serious, I'd highly recommend Ghost in the Shell, both seasons. It's a great show action-wise and story-wise, and it's fairly intelligent, not at all like anime such as Azumanga Daioh (which is great, too, but has funny random moments rather than complex storylines, etc.). Other than that, I'd listen to what everyone else said.

Noein: To Your Other Self
It's awesome. Watch it. You can find all the (24) episodes on the net, I'm sure. Just remember to watch the Japanese version (with subs, of course). The dubbed version is not recommended as much (although it is better than most other anime dubs I've heard). x3

Evangelion is excellent so long as you can stomach it and not get freaked out, ho hum.

Samurai Seven is an amazing retelling of Kurosawa Akira's classic film, Seven Samurai. I dare to say that this anime series did justice for the original film, and that's a very tall order to meet.

"Beck: the mongolian chop squad" is a great anime. Its about a guy and this band that he gets involved with it. I read the manga and now am watching the anime. I recommend to anyone even people who don't like anime. Its also got lots of good reviews from people that have seen it.

*The manga changed my life (in a good way)*

d master342 said:
Afro Samurai is pretty decent.

dmaster out.

I second this. Afro Samurai was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. Kuma was beyond awesome.

I'd also like to add another two recomendations. If you get a chance, look into Macross Frontier and Casshern Sins (a remake of Tatsunoko's Neo Human Casshern). Those are both excellent anime and are very recent, Macross has ended but Casshern is still running.

Reborn! Hitman Tutor!

The title is something like that i forgot. It's pretty good and had been pretty famous too.

FLCL, Fooley Cooley, Furi Kuri or whatever you want to call it. Is an amazing 6 episode anime, but its so deep you will need to watch it over and over to understand. A amazing soundtrack, great characters, and some of the coolest fight scenes. MUST WATCH.

Back