Ancient Trait Altaria, Altaria, and Nincada from ‘Emerald Break’ [2/26]

Awwww yeah. More Delta Evolution! I see this being good depending on the Ability. Too bad it's blurry >.<

The blurry card images entices as to why Delta Altaria's Ability and the card effects of non-Delta Altaria and Basic Nincada. Although the latter doesn't seem to need an additional effect (Nincada's Tiny Needle).

I have to say it's kind of too bad that Nincada isn't a ground type. That would have been nice. Especially if Ninjask turns out to be a colorless (flying ) type.

Just a theory, but I believe that the Delta Trait Altaria adds to M Rayquaza-EX's HP. In the commercial, the opponent's M Aggron-EX flipped heads on Megaton Slam, doing 240 damage. The opponent puts 2 "100" damage markers and 4 "10" damage markers on the M Rayquaza-EX, who only has 220 HP in the first place. There are (at least) 2 Altaria on the bench, so how else would M Rayquaza-EX survive that hit?

Well I think it's safe to say that the set focuses on Dragon AND Flying types at the same time, opening up opportunities for other flying types to be represented as Colorless. We could see the return of Colorless Delibird, which would be the first one since it's TCG debut in Neo Revelations.

*sarcastically* Oh, of COURSE Ancient Altaria is Colorless!

87e.gif

Though I guess this balances out with Dragon Altaria also here.

Not sure what part of the new set I'm most pumped about, the completely gamethrowing metagame changing support for normal types, or the potential Ninjask.

Pikachu6319 said:
I have to say it's kind of too bad that Nincada isn't a ground type. That would have been nice. Especially if Ninjask turns out to be a colorless (flying ) type.

On that subject, they should have released the Surskit line in this set instead of Primal Clash and make Surskit a Water-type (not one since the POP promo) and could have made Masquerain Colorless-type. [I know it's not confirmed they're not in this set too but I think it's unlikely]

Metalizard; I agree that they should have done a water type Surskit (I want a holo version) but I don't know how that's going. It's probably unlikely to be in this set as well.

Of course we have no proof that Ninjask is going to be a colorless (flying) type yet either. Two more weeks though and we'll have those answers.

Metalizard said:
Pikachu6319 said:

On that subject, they should have released the Surskit line in this set instead of Primal Clash and make Surskit a Water-type (not one since the POP promo) and could have made Masquerain Colorless-type. [I know it's not confirmed they're not in this set too but I think it's unlikely]

Man, I officially LOVE IT when users take the words right out of my brain, I almost completely forgot about Water Surskit (weakness would have to be Lightning instead of Grass though for the purpose of Colorless Masquerain) and Colorless Masquerain. Valid point. Seeing that Grass Masquerain is Weakness: Fire, Resistance: none, a Colorless Masquerain makes perfect sense. I'd be gutted if it's not in this set.

As both Metalizard and I have already suspected though, this is unlikely. I so hope this is wrong though. Of course we already pretty much see we won't have a ground type Nincada, unless they decide to release two in one set which is not too likely.

Well, from the cards already known, there's no Colorless Ninjask. Looking at the numbering of the cards, after AT Swellow comes Swablu.

New information about Ancient Trait Altaria:

Ability: Clear Humming
All your [N] and [C] Pokémon have no Weakness.

O ok thank you. That altaria isnt that bad then. I could see it getting some play depending on its attacks.

Mandalayon said:
New information about Ancient Trait Altaria:

Ability: Clear Humming
All your [N] and [C] Pokémon have no Weakness.

Where do you see that at, the translation only says Colorless pokemon, also the card only shows the colorless type symbol.

Back