Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Oooooohhhhhhhh snap! Finally a gyarados! One of my all time favs and the artwork is epic! They really have outdone themselves with the artwork in this set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so eveelutions decks are gonna allow you to hit 3 or 4 weaknesses at once. Sure the attacks aren't broken but your chances of doubling their output is really high. Very interesting design for these cards, I really love the direction this game is going.

Ha!! So we do get 2 more secret rares!! Should be one more gold item to reveal and that makes 97 total!!
So , so far it looks like we in fact wont get a FA supporter

Porygon Z's attack to return all prevos into the hand is interesting, but its on a Stage 2.

So THAT is why Giratina EX has 170 HP. But I believe M Sceptile EX has the workaround.

Alright, new half art Porygon Z and golden energy switch look incredible.

(Note: I'm not talking about anything related to how playable the cards are, just the artworks)

The Lugia full art makes up for the regular being so ugly. It's gorgeous! Gyrados is one of the best looking cards I've ever seen. Too bad about Sceptile tho....he ugly.

That Vespiquen is going to replace Plasma Flareon when the rotation hits. Same attack for the same damage, and the ability to have its type changed with all of the Eeveelutions means its "vengeance" attack and hit for serious numbers exploiting multiple weaknesses.

Be ready for Vespiquen + Eevee friends, the hype is real.

Vespiqueen has setup T1 with Plant Stadium and looks to combo well with eeveelutions. Card has good potential.

Oh hey, Vespiquen works with the Eeveelutions. It's even powered by a double colorless.

Vespi/Jolt/Flare hits Seismitoad, Colorless Rayquaza and Sceptile. Discard the ones disadvantagous to your matchup (like Flareon vs. Seismitoad) and you could have something interesting. Free retreat on Vespiquen is also really nice.

Really curious to see where this card can go.

Flareon is a cautious play however, as it'll make the opposing Stage 1 Pokemon hit Vespiquen for weakness.

Last edited:
Back