Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

if you see in the video at the end you see mega rayquza shiny or regular shiny rayquaza ex on the posters if you can see
Which poster?? All i see is the 2 bandit ring posters , a primal clash poster and a roaring skies poster. The only cards shown on the bandit ring poster are hoopa , mega ttar and machamp.

I am putting sooooo much hope into Bandit Ring :/
With the prominence of turn 1 item locks, I'm really hoping for something that can stop these effects. Some type of ability blocker would be great to stop Turn 1 Vileplume and Turn 1 Trevenant. And with Trump Card now being banned, and I'm starting to really think Super Rod needs to be reprinted.

We do have Sacred Ash and Energy Retrieval/Super Energy Retrieval.

With the prevalence of item lock we want to be running less items, not more. Super Rod is just more consistent and would be much nicer to use instead of 2-4 of the above card.

With the prevalence of item lock we want to be running less items, not more. Super Rod is just more consistent and would be much nicer to use instead of 2-4 of the above card.

1) Super Rod is also an Item.
2) I think the point is that they don't want it to be more consistent or
3) They do and they will release (or re-release) a new card shortly to ensure that.

1) Super Rod is also an Item.
2) I think the point is that they don't want it to be more consistent or
3) They do and they will release (or re-release) a new card shortly to ensure that.

1) My point is that they I want to have to use less of different items and instead have 1 nice consistent card.
2) I think PTCG doesn't really mind about consistency. The reason Trump was banned is to prevent the exploitation of powerful Trainers, to allow Mill decks and to prevent games from being long. None of those scream to me as a consistency issue.
3) And you're right about that :p

1) My point is that they I want to have to use less of different items and instead have 1 nice consistent card.

Which is why I pointed out that they probably want you to have to use two items; barring something else being (re?) released. :)

2) I think PTCG doesn't really mind about consistency. The reason Trump was banned is to prevent the exploitation of powerful Trainers, to allow Mill decks and to prevent games from being long. None of those scream to me as a consistency issue.

Consistency is being able to regularly and reliably access your cards, though it also can include a card's specific performance. Being able to draw through your deck with non-Supporter effects, accessing large parts of your deck before recycling it all with Lysandre's Trump Card so you can do it again? Being able to play more recklessly in general because your discards don't carry much weight when you can toss everything but Lysandre's Trump Card itself back into your deck? That really is consistency. How are you meaning the term?

Oh, and with normally inconsistent cards such as those with "tails fails"... being able to recycle them all and then try to draw into them again, constantly cycling them is again going to boost their consistency unless of course you really do have bad luck. Less likely that you'll miss discarding your opponent's manual Energy attachment with Crushing Hammer when you can keep spamming it turn after turn. ;)

If TPCi are really deciding to make the game less consistent then that's a shitty move from them, removing skill and adding luck into the meta is the last thing any game needs.

Which is why I pointed out that they probably want you to have to use two items; barring something else being (re?) released. :)
idk...

Consistency is being able to regularly and reliably access your cards. Being able to draw through your deck with non-Supporter effects, accessing large parts of your deck before recycling it all with Lysandre's Trump Card so you can do it again? Being able to play more recklessly in general because your discards don't carry much weight when you can toss everything but Lysandre's Trump Card itself back into your deck? That really is consistency. How are you meaning the term?
I mean instead of drawing a Sacred Ash when you need the energy you can just draw a Super Rod and you have the choice of both Pokemon and Energy.

If TPCi are really deciding to make the game less consistent then that's a shitty move from them, removing skill and adding luck into the meta is the last thing and game needs.

Depends on where the consistency comes from. Letting someone spam "tails fails" cards over and over again to minimize the likelihood of a failure being relevant increases consistency but decreases skill in the game. The meta is already quite "luck" based, but forcing people to cultivate skills of resource conservation should return some of the lost skill back into the game.

I mean instead of drawing a Sacred Ash when you need the energy you can just draw a Super Rod and you have the choice of both Pokemon and Energy.

I kind of assumed that. My point is that they likely don't want you to have access to quite that good of an effect... unless of course they reprint Super Rod or release something similar to it. After all, Pokémon Catcher proved more formidable than they realized so they issued an erratum to make it require a coin flip... but also released Lysandre soon after, so now you had to give up your Supporter to reliably force up something from your opponent's Bench.

Depends on where the consistency comes from. Letting someone spam "tails fails" cards over and over again to minimize the likelihood of a failure being relevant increases consistency but decreases skill in the game. The meta is already quite "luck" based, but forcing people to cultivate skills of resource conservation should return some of the lost skill back into the game.

And you've never drawn dead?

And you've never drawn dead?

Relevance? There is a certain amount of luck inherently baked into the traditional TCG design. For this not to be a factor, instead of a "once per turn" draw you'd have a "once per turn" search.

Specific to Pokémon we have Prize cards that can "lock away" something you really need, or something you don't (in a given match-up) and actually help you out.

Wow! Two tools gives people so much more verstality! Two muscle band to do a solid 170, or two hard charm to reduce damage by 70 at least.

On the topic of the helmet, I think its pretty cool. Not sure how much it would be used like most Tools... but the card could be an interesting tech in a Toad matchup if you could somehow get it out before lock. Itd also be good in healing decks, I guess.

salamance decks just found their fire-type power now that with 2 bands entei matches salamance in power also what wailord wont want to have this lucky helmet on

every deck is gonna be running lucky helmets think about them with the immortal M sceptile your opponent wont even bother attacking

I knew it! I predicted the Legendary dogs to be in the set and here is the first one! And what an amazing art work. This set has probably the most legendary Pokemon of all sets. If not, it feels like it does.

- Lucky Helmet looks like it's gonna be printed as a secret shiny card at some point.

every deck is gonna be running lucky helmets think about them with the immortal M sceptile your opponent wont even bother attacking

Disagreed. Lucky helmets won't be used in every deck, or even most decks. Why? The card takes place the vital Muscle Band or Spirit Link to get the extra damage or evolve your Mega, which is more important then drawing cards considering you have Acro Bike/Trainer's Mail/Roller Skates/Supporter/Shaymin-EX to do that.

On hindsight, Robo Sub + Lucky Helmet would be an interesting combo. Of course it makes your opponent even more likely to not want to attack in fear of both Teammates and extra draw... but I know that bluffs can be called

Back