Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Artwork: Holy cow this Entei card is beautiful. Mr. Arita has been with the PTCG since the beginning (responsible for the Charizard Base Set artwork no less) and this brings his stuff to a whole new level. My jaw dropped when I saw this, it's fantastic and I can't wait to see what the rest of Bandit Ring has in store for us. 10/10 Best art in set (so far).

Card text: Theta Double is interesting, we saw how powerful multiple tools could become with Toolbox Sigilyph but the strength of that came from a particularly Tool Drop-happy Trubbish so this Entei can see some crazy tool combos that make his decent attacks really formidable. With all of the grass type support coming out I did a call to action for all Fire type Pokemon to get their butts in gear and Entei does not disappoint. I look forward to Blacksmith Entei with Muscle Bands and whatever else Bandit Ring can throw at us tool-wise. 8/10

Overall: 9/10 I want this card in my binder, like now.

Love that Entei art! Can't help but feel like he's barging into a party going "Hey guys, what's going on?"

i think lucky helmet will be something that people will run 1 of in each deck since we lost trump card....

I really like the artwork on Entei, but I kinda feel like the red parts of the cards ruin it for me. I think it would look better if the artwork was on a normal card or on a booster pack, but that's just me :/

M-Sceptile-EX may have not got this trait but I bet one of the other Megas will... I'm betting on Mega Tyranitar... Spirit Link + Muscle Band...

Um.. Whenever I look at that card, for a brief moment it looks like it's underwater.

Also, if you can get 2 Hard charms, blacksmith, and 2 fire energy in the discard, you can reduce Toad's damage to 0 going second. [It is before weakness, right?]

This card is absolutely amazing looking!! Its freaking majestic!!!! Lol
Wow im not normally this easy to impress as an artist myself but they really capture the edgy and flowing style of entei very well!!
Now....can we hope for a suicune AT?? Lol or atleast a nice suicune holo!! For crying out loud , suicune gets no love anymore!! The last time he was printed was in plasma blast and that was a non holo!!!!

Maybe Suicune is the last ex and Raikou will also get a AT holo card.

If Raikou is in the set, it probably won't get an Ancient Trait since there's only one spot left between Kyurem EX (#25) and Unown (#30). And Ancient Trait Pokemon always have a regular counterpart.

The four cards in between are Jolteon, Ampharos Ex, probably M Ampharos Ex and a currently unknown Pokemon. That spot could be filled with either a gen 6 water Pokemon (think not), a Lighting Pokemon (regular Raikou) or a Psychic Pokemon (Espeon). I seriously hope for a Lighting Pokemon, since just three in one set is just silly.

The art on this card is gorgeous! I hope a Raikou and Suicune card follows! :)

Does TCPi undertstand people play this game. They are making increasingly OP cards.

Does TCPi undertstand people play this game. They are making increasingly OP cards.

Yes... they just are counting on the "moar powah!" crowd to keep things chugging along/have a different idea of what the game should be.

Are the 3/4th arts gonna be a thing the card layouts eventually switch to permanently? I like it, personally, because it features gorgeous artwork really well and shows a great grasp of print design.

Except... seeing Ken Sugimori's stuff in this kinda format would be gross when you've got artists like Atsuko Nishida giving things a very watercolor-y and dreamy approach. Even 5ban graphics are making gorgeous artwork for cards now, so I hope it keeps going in this direction. The EXs of now are what brought me back from collecting hibernation. Sugimori's art is good for the manga but not for these minature pieces of art.
Riolu-Diamond-and-Pearl-61.jpg
Riolu-Plasma-Storm-75.jpg

Ewwwww. Soooo ~creative~ :p

The helmet wont see any play, but Entei is a nice non-ex basic attacker for fire decks in XY-on. Reminds me of heatran in some Metal decks.

Are the 3/4th arts gonna be a thing the card layouts eventually switch to permanently? I like it, personally, because it features gorgeous artwork really well and shows a great grasp of print design.

Except... seeing Ken Sugimori's stuff in this kinda format would be gross when you've got artists like Atsuko Nishida giving things a very watercolor-y and dreamy approach. Even 5ban graphics are making gorgeous artwork for cards now, so I hope it keeps going in this direction. The EXs of now are what brought me back from collecting hibernation. Sugimori's art is good for the manga but not for these minature pieces of art.
Riolu-Diamond-and-Pearl-61.jpg
Riolu-Plasma-Storm-75.jpg

Ewwwww. Soooo ~creative~ :p
Pls dude, wash your mouth before talking about Ken Sugimori

Lysandre-Flashfire-104.jpg

Thank you.

Um.. Whenever I look at that card, for a brief moment it looks like it's underwater.

Also, if you can get 2 Hard charms, blacksmith, and 2 fire energy in the discard, you can reduce Toad's damage to 0 going second. [It is before weakness, right?]

Unless this card is different, effects that reduce damage from an attack always apply after Weakness and Resistance, not before.

Damage boosts always apply before.

Oh nice, the special Darkness Energy has been revealed!
Alongside Sableye.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2015-06-03 om 11.51.32.png
    Schermafbeelding 2015-06-03 om 11.51.32.png
    545 KB · Views: 28
"Evil Energy" as Rocky Helmet for Darkness Pokémon against Pokémon EX

Sableye: First attack Use a supporter of your opponent's discard pile. Second attack put 3 counters in your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Back