Amoonguss, Wailord from ‘Lost Abyss’!

I do NOT like the sound of that Amoongus. I can't think of a single card it serves to counter... it doesn't actually do very much at all. so why does it exist???

EDIT: thought of one, Rip and Run Honchkrow. Yeah.

Is there even anything at the moment that can trigger the amogus’ ability (in standard)?
As of now, I think there is quite a few, apart from Spirit Mask . Max Shadow Mimikyu, Wicked Ruler Obstagoon, Selickt Lickylicky, Mind Hat Hatterene, Silent Shot Inteleon (1 prize), Shadow Claw Trevenant V, among others. But some is gonna get rotated, so i'm expecting new control cards maybe item or supporter that lets you discard a pokemon from your opponents hand. Or even something like the old unbroken bonds malamar.

Also, wouldn't it be MUCH better if the ability works inside the deck as well!? I mean, why didn't they make it that way?? It would destroy mill decks like durant or at least give them a dead hand if they have no bibarel/ liepard engine.

Last edited:
Amoongus is definitely sus.. it literally has a move called prank spores. It flat out spells imposterous behavior.

Back