Am I the only one who hates Delta Species Pokemon?

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Seriously, who was the one who came up with these things? Just make a Pokemon a weird type that doesn't match it? Sure, it's nice if you ever wanted to get a Gyarados with a metal energy bonus, but they're so UGLY!!!!! A HORRIBLE clash between the Pokemon and the color of the card, resulting in a terrible contrast for terrible artwork. The only Delta Species card I like is Gyarados *. The fire type with the red colors is very nice. But other then that... I HATE DELTA POKEMON!!!!!

It was alright when they had it in one set (Delta Species) but now it is getting ridiculous.

I like delta species quite a bit. It's made the game more interesting, and made combos possible through element that otherwise would not have occurred. Although it's getting a bit outta hand, yeah.

However, I don't find 'em ugly at all... don't see any colour clashes I hate, tbh.

Well, DS had a fire type weak to grass, and normal grass types are weak to fire, so battle Tyranitar Delta against a Breloom EM and see how it goes.

they are fun to have a metagross in a electric deck

but they are exaggerating, and they all work together, which makes them too...special. This makes it almost useless to search for combos

Some of the delta Pokemon's colr do not contrats very well their regular types but I don't hate them. The art work and Electric background on Draggy is awesome..even though it is part lighting:p
My favorite Delta Pokemon is Tyrantar d, but when the Tyranitar 'd' ex comes out, that will be. No nor because I'm a die hard Tyranitar fan, it's because it is weak to grass and it is a Fire type(I'm sure you can figure out the rest), It knock down Steelix with pretty much one hit, and it's Poke Power combines perfectly with Magcargo(DX) and a long with Tyranitar ex.
Yes the Delta Ppoemon are very weird and some of them are down right, how should I say this, machine like looking, but a lot of them are very creative because they are taking attacks form their new types, mix it around so it fits the Pokemon, and put them on the delta Pokemon to create a whole new Pokemon. My rating on Delta Pokemon in general(inluding the Trainer and Energy cards)- 8/10.

I agree. i don't care for them much at all. the concept behind them, however, is awesome. to be able to use a certain pokemon, as a completely different type. but, the whole metal thing just.. sucks.

Aside from that, as someone already mentioned, they only work well together. aside from a few combos, the delta pokemon only work well with other delta pokemon, where-as pokemon from other sets are straight-up as they are, and have good powers/bodies/attacks that can be comboed with nearly anything. but, theyre making the cards now so that you HAVE to play an entire deck of delta pokemon in order for the combos to work. and quite frankly, with the exception of one or two of them, the delta pokemon as a whole are extremely weak. none of them hit really heavy, and the ones who do takes a lot to do, or has a heavy consequence (mainly being discarding)

As a whole, i hate the delta pokemon, with the exception of a few. But, they really need to focus more on making the cards more openly playable, and get away from the constrictions of having to play an ALL delta deck in order to make them work.

RE:  Am I the only one who hates Delta Species Pokemon?

HaunterX6 said:
I agree. i don't care for them much at all. the concept behind them, however, is awesome. to be able to use a certain pokemon, as a completely different type. but, the whole metal thing just.. sucks.

Aside from that, as someone already mentioned, they only work well together. aside from a few combos, the delta pokemon only work well with other delta pokemon, where-as pokemon from other sets are straight-up as they are, and have good powers/bodies/attacks that can be comboed with nearly anything. but, theyre making the cards now so that you HAVE to play an entire deck of delta pokemon in order for the combos to work. and quite frankly, with the exception of one or two of them, the delta pokemon as a whole are extremely weak. none of them hit really heavy, and the ones who do takes a lot to do, or has a heavy consequence (mainly being discarding)

As a whole, i hate the delta pokemon, with the exception of a few. But, they really need to focus more on making the cards more openly playable, and get away from the constrictions of having to play an ALL delta deck in order to make them work.
I hear you.

I definitely like the concept behind the δ species monsters. δ Tyranitar, δ Metagross, δ Aerodactyl, δ Gardevoir, δ Flygon, and many others are cool cards that have great abilities.

I think that they are taking it a bit too far, though. I hope they merge the next two sets together. What I would really like to see is more cards that use React Energy. Ever since Eidolon Forest was printed in Japan, we haven't seen any new spoilers for cards that use React Energy. At this rate, it seems React Energy will be limited to only one set.

Maybe Nintendo is trying to introduce too many new concepts into the game. Let's look at what has been added in the past:

-Dark Types (Team Rocket)
-Stadiums (Gym: Heroes and Challenge)
-PokéTools (Neo: Genesis)
-Darkness Types (Neo: Genesis)
-Steel Types (Neo: Genesis)
-Babies (Baby Rules) (Neo: Genesis)
-Shining Pokémon (Neo: Revelations)
-Light Pokémon (Neo: Destiny)
-Burn status (Expedition)
-Organization of status conditions into Special Conditions (Expedition)
-Division of Pokémon Powers into PokéPowers and PokéBodies (Expedition)
-Supporters (Expedition)
-Crystal Types (Aquapolis)
-Pokémon-ex (Ruby/Sapphire)
-Dragons (C Weak, dual resistance) (Dragons... duh!)
-New Shining Pokémon (*) (Deoxys in Japan, Rocket Returns in U.S.)
-Dual Types (Aqua/Magma)
-Rocket's Pokémon as Pure Darkness (Team Rocket Returns)
-δ Species (Delta Species)

I think Nintendo should slow the speed that they are introducing new concepts, and instead, maybe reuse some old concepts that were ended a while ago. Maybe bring back Light Pokémon or Crystal-Type Pokémon.

jayh272416 said:
Well, DS had a fire type weak to grass, and normal grass types are weak to fire, so battle Tyranitar Delta against a Breloom EM and see how it goes.

Who would play Breloom EM?? Unless their goal is to well, lose.

blastoise1992 said:
Who would play Breloom EM?? Unless their goal is to well, lose.

I don't entirely agree with you. While there are other cards that are stronger than Breloom EM, Body Slam is decent. If you flip heads and get paralysis on a monster that has 80 HP or less, there is a good chance you will be able to KO it next turn. Same thing with the Hariyama in that set. Obviously, if your opponent heals or somehow removes their monster without retreating, the whole deal falls apart. This is what made Base Set Gyarados so deadly when it was around.

As far as δ Species monsters go, it looks like many of the δ Species monsters in the next set are pretty good. Unlike other sets, these monsters do not rely on building a δ deck. δ Blastoise takes the place of TRR Kingdra, and δ Sceptile-ex works well at making other Pokémon-ex more difficult to play. Overall, I think the only things that I don't like, as I have mentioned, is the fact that there are too many sets with δ Species monsters, and Nintendo keeps trying new things to the point that there is little consistency to the game.

Tyranitar ex δ is pure Lightning. You're thinking of Gardevoir ex δ, which is Fire.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Tyranitar ex ? is pure Lightning. You're thinking of Gardevoir ex ?, which is Fire.
I said when the new Tyranitar 'd' ex comes out that will be my favorite Delat Pokemon.

RE:   Am I the only one who hates Delta Species Pokemon?

GODZILLA said:
I said when the new Tyranitar 'd' ex comes out that will be my favorite Delat Pokemon.

GODZILLA said:
My favorite Delta Pokemon is Tyrantar d, but when the Tyranitar 'd' ex comes out, that will be. No nor because I'm a die hard Tyranitar fan, it's because it is weak to grass and it is a Fire type(I'm sure you can figure out the rest), It knock down Steelix with pretty much one hit, and it's Poke Power combines perfectly with Magcargo(DX) and a long with Tyranitar ex.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but this is what I got it from.

RE:    Am I the only one who hates Delta Species Pokemon?

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
GODZILLA said:

GODZILLA said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but this is what I got it from.
I was talking about Tyranitar d. I should have stated that.

I'm really looking forward to miracle crystal. its gonna have some delta pokemon WORTH using, not to mention the banette with safeguard, and the dusclops with cursed glare. oh yes. =3

Back