'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I don't mind a bit of Ken art here and there for a few cards in a set. Never really bothered me (In fact, I actually like collecting some cards like BCR Pikachu since it's a card with the official artwork of the mascot of the series, same with Power Keepers Zard). They're alright here and there as a one-off kinda deal, and have a bit of collectible merit if they are as such-but it gets kinda eeh when it repeats too much. That's just me though.

The whole deal with Tag Team Supporters not having unique art being an issue I can sorta get though. It's supposed to be a more special kind of card (at least they advertise it as such), so the desire TO have unique art is there. Hopefully the Full Arts are pretty exciting though. (Not huge on the Red and Blue one. I feel like they should have shown off their older designs that Sun and Moon introduced. That'd have been really cool. We've had their little kid Let's Go designs a lot already, it was fine for a moment, but now it's just underwhelming. Their older designs are fantastic in Sun and Moon, I'd have loved to see them be utilized, but alas. At least Team Rocket got really good Full Arts.)

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Buzzwole's art is also a refrence to One Punch Man, when Saitama punched through the meteor. What's even more ironic is that Saitama's only 'weakness' are mosquitoes. Buzzwole is, in fact, a mosquito. I need this card...
I know nothing about one punch man but this information was really cool.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Chaotic swell will see play in Keldeo GX decks and likely be a 1 of in MewMew decks.
Keldeo is the best home for this currently, hands down. It hates Power Plant but doesn't really rely on a Stadium of its own. M&M relies too heavily on Giant Furnace with Welder (or Viridian Forest in some cases) to have the luxury of playing Chaotic Swell. It's better off with high counts of those and playing a Marshadow, which can be grabbed by Treasure as needed.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I can see why they wouldn't even care that the Tag Supporters have lazy artwork; all the effort goes toward the FA Supporters now, even more-so than toward the FA Pokemon until they introduced the TTGX base/alt arts.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Sunkern Sunflora
Lileep Cradily
Kricketot Kricketune
Ducklett Swanna
Woobat Swoobat
Azurill
Steel Alolan Sandshrew
MEGA LOPUNNY
Aipom Ambipom
Teddiursa Ursaring
Rufflet Braviary
Colorless Helioptile Heliolisk!

Wig found in ORBIT, this set came THROUGH!!!

Last edited:

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
YAY! Some pokémon having cards this generation in the last set.
Sadly there are some that we'll have to wait for the next generation. Chespin, I'll be waiting for you!

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
With the full set, those are the pokémon without cards for this generation on the tcg:

Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam

Sentret
Furret
Pichu
Bellossom
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Zigzagoon
Linoone

Budew
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Mantyke

Snivy*
Servine
Serperior
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Maractus
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Frillish
Jellicent
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Mienfoo
Mienshao

Chespin*
Quilladin
Chesnaught

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Sunkern Sunflora
Lileep Cradily
Kricketot Kricketune
Ducklett Swanna
Woobat Swoobat
Azurill
Steel Alolan Sandshrew
MEGA LOPUNNY
Aipom Ambipom
Teddiursa Ursaring
Rufflet Braviary
Colorless Helioptile Heliolisk!

Wig found in ORBIT, this set came THROUGH!!!
Don't forget good ol' Slurpuff!! (I can't believe it's been three years since we've seen a Swirlix/Slurpuff card).

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, damn. Was hoping for that Cosmog to have Ultra Evolution like the last Abra card and the most recent Scatterbug, not Ascension.

Happy about all the returning neglected Pokemon. And a lot of first time type appearances, too!

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
With the full set, those are the pokémon without cards for this generation on the tcg:

Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam

Sentret
Furret
Pichu
Bellossom
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Zigzagoon
Linoone

Budew
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Mantyke

Snivy*
Servine
Serperior
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Maractus
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Frillish
Jellicent
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Mienfoo
Mienshao

Chespin*
Quilladin
Chesnaught

Growlithe/Arcanine

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Growlithe and Arcanine were in the first SM set and Unbroken Bonds. Arcanine was also in Detective Pikachu.