'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
If Tag Teams don't go past Alter Genesis (and IMO there's a very good chance of that being the case), there's only two more TTGXs to be revealed in general. lol

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like this. I still play Buzzwole from time to time on PTCGO, despite the deck being dead basically, but this could be a good tool in it.

(I do wish these and the Ultra Beast cards themselves still had red borders though, Kinda feels like a missed opportunity.)

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
Ooooo this is interesting. Blacephalon will have an easier time hitting the numbers it needs on Reshizard

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Actually really really good. Even just +10 after 1 prize can make all the difference. An instant card to put in any Ultra Beast deck.

Zster

Aspiring Trainer
don’t know how relavent this really is, a lot of beasts want your opponent to have less than 5 prizes left to begin with, but buzzwole is the only beast coming to mind for me, this takes max sledge hammer from 140 to 160, and I would say yay you ohko dedene, but you hit for weakness on dedene anyway. Don’t know why they would make dojo not count for beasts and then print this card though.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
As if Ultra Beasts needed EVEN more help.

They had a good track record with stuff like Dojo not helping ultra beasts, but wow, this is better than Choice Band for the late game - you will be making 30, then 40, then 50 extra damage. It certainly won't be a 4-of in decks like Blacephalon, Beast Box and Zapbeasts, but at least 2 copies will help those decks.

I wonder how it interacts with their GX attacks though - does Celeestela GX attack make it so you do 60 since you make the GX for a boost up to 110? Does Naganadel GX attack count as 3 prizes taken? Does Blacephalon GX count as 1?

I_miss_Zoroark_GX

Aspiring Trainer
As if Ultra Beasts needed EVEN more help.

They had a good track record with stuff like Dojo not helping ultra beasts, but wow, this is better than Choice Band for the late game - you will be making 30, then 40, then 50 extra damage. It certainly won't be a 4-of in decks like Blacephalon, Beast Box and Zapbeasts, but at least 2 copies will help those decks.

I wonder how it interacts with their GX attacks though - does Celeestela GX attack make it so you do 60 since you make the GX for a boost up to 110? Does Naganadel GX attack count as 3 prizes taken? Does Blacephalon GX count as 1?

Blacephalon's GX does not count as taking a prize. Naganadel's GX does not add or subtract from the amount of prizes taken.

Example: My opponent takes 5 prizes. I Nag GX them. He takes 2 more prizes. He has taken 7 prizes even though 2 additional cards were placed down as prizes. Beastite would add 70 damage. Attacks that do ??x for every prize card taken would do ?? x 7.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
don’t know how relavent this really is, a lot of beasts want your opponent to have less than 5 prizes left to begin with, but buzzwole is the only beast coming to mind for me, this takes max sledge hammer from 140 to 160, and I would say yay you ohko dedene, but you hit for weakness on dedene anyway. Don’t know why they would make dojo not count for beasts and then print this card though.
Dude, this SAVES blacephalon. It Can up damage to things like 100 per energy, which is HUGE!!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Beastite - This helps a lot of UB decks! In a Beast Ring range, free Choice Band or Muscle Band. Blacephalon decks do dump lesser energies in the Lost Zone just to KO TTGXs. 4 energy + Beast Energy + Beast Ring range (3-4 prizes remaining, well. 3 is the exact number you've expect), KO Reshizard, KO MooMoo. 5 Geodudes. The Q is.. are we keeping UBs in SwSh era?

I_miss_Zoroark_GX

Aspiring Trainer
Beastite - This helps a lot of UB decks! In a Beast Ring range, free Choice Band or Muscle Band. Blacephalon decks do dump lesser energies in the Lost Zone just to KO TTGXs. 4 energy + Beast Energy + Beast Ring range (3-4 prizes remaining, well. 3 is the exact number you've expect), KO Reshizard, KO MooMoo. 5 Geodudes. The Q is.. are we keeping UBs in SwSh era?

I'm guessing that for so long as ultra beast cards get printed they will be tagged as "Ultra Beast" for the purpose of play and backwards compatibility even if more support for them doesn't get printed. New ultra beasts years down the road could be busted in expanded with the support that exists for them.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
(I do wish these and the Ultra Beast cards themselves still had red borders though, Kinda feels like a missed opportunity.)
Maybe because red borders were already used for Team Flare cards??

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Great, Can we make Colorless pokemon good again? Creatures needs to stop making cards that support ALREADY good types. fudge this Tool.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Maybe because red borders were already used for Team Flare cards??
Only the two of them though. I just kinda think it'd have been cool if the UB type cards got the same treatment the Plasma mechanic did. That was a really cool little aesthetic nod back then. It's not a huge deal or anything though, I still like the consistent backgrounds the RA GXs have, along with the swooshy texturing for the full arts.