News Alolan Exeggutor-GX from SM4 Revealed!

In the current meta this card gets murdered! I wish they gave him a fire weakness or something where he can't be insta-sniped by a one energy Gardevoir!

I think baby venasaur has a new partner...

I'm not really seeing this being better than Genesect.

The fact that you're sniping is pretty cool, but you're hitting for 50 less damage, and Genesect is both capable of accelerating energy onto himself with energy reload and with max elixir, and shining genesect is only a one-prize attacker for when lele destroys you with energy drive.

I LOVE alolan Exeggutor as a pokemon, but this card is just incredibly underwhelming.

Pretty nice artwork as far as GX's go. The facial expression of the middle head is not quite right however. Looks a little too much in control of what it's doing. Exeggutor should always look somewhat goofy!

My prayers have been answered.

Yeah nobody is going to play this. Attacks are meh. Weakness to Gardevoir instantly throws me off.

I really wanted this card to be playable. But at the moment there's too much punishment for having energy on you. The biggest enemy being gardevoir, which could very well be the most popular deck in the format. Not to mention it's weak to gardevoir as well. Perhaps if we get a non-GX version it will be good. I hope so.

The only thing playable about this card is it's first attack.

I love Gardevoir, and it's one of the decks I play myself, but it's insane how big of a command it has on the game now.

I know field blower is a thing butttt, for the weakness side of things, weakness policy has a sum reprint

This card looks really good to look at. Hope it gets play. When or is it likely that DDE will be reprinted? Or is it guess work?

DDE would help with sniping (obligatory "better in expanded")

Well, besides the obvious excitement, the mon:
HP is higher than most Stage 1n
1rst attack (Copy of GOODRA WHICH EVOLVES FROM GOOMY!!!) is okay for sniping Benched, but bad for an attack on the Active.

I've been looking for a way to make Goodra into a viable deck, maybe this card would fit the bill even better.

Reaction to this reveal be like:

Anyway, it's a so-so card that normally gets 2-shots (with disruption), but can get a 1-shot whenever the situation arises, but those attacks are expensive. Sniping in proportion to energies attached is cool. Gardevoir wrecks it so hard, though.

Well, first of all, it has weakness to Gardevoir, which means it'll get lit up for essentially no energy, which will really hurt its viability. However, the card is pretty decent. The first attack is good, the second is meh, especially for 4 energy, and the GX attack is fantastic, especially in the scenario that your Exeggcutor GX will be KOed next turn, as you can KO something yourself and then redistribute the energy to a fresh attacker. When you put the new venosaur as a partner for this card, its first attack becomes a pretty terrifying snipe attack and a great primary attack in general. Also, the fact that is doesn't require DDE energy to function optimally (cough, Noviern, cough) is fantastic. I honestly feel pretty optimistic about the viability of this card!

• All Ultra Beasts GX - Not gonna happen in Crimson Invasion
  • Giant Exeggutor GX - Dragon-types are now garbage because of lack of cards supporting this card due to the rotation of DDE. Well this was exempted to the issue. It runs 1 type of Energy. The attacks are not great. The ACs are too expensive. The First attack can snipe everything for damage. 2-3 Geodudes. The reason why I give 2-3 because it is WEAK to Broski

I think I'd rate it higher considering Venusaur from Shining Legends is a thing.

Ability: Lord of the Jungle
Each basic [G] Energy card attached to your Pokemon provides [G][G] Energy instead. You can’t use more than 1 Lord of the Jungle Ability each turn.

With just two energy attached and a Venusaur on your bench you're doing 80 damage to benched pokemon, 120 and confusion, and 180 and you can move the energy wherever you like. Fairy weakness it sad, but 220 HP is nice and Weakness policy is in the format.

You, sir, have a deck.
In other news,
YEAH! EVERYONE'S FAVORITE LONG NECKED 'MON IS HERE!!!
Well, besides the obvious excitement, the mon:
HP is higher than most Stage 1n
1rst attack (Copy of GOODRA WHICH EVOLVES FROM GOOMY!!!) is okay for sniping Benched, but bad for an attack on the Active. If you find some way to Guzma a useless Pokémon into the Active Spot, you can snipe the bench like nobody's business. Maybe you can pair that with Venusaur, but the damage isn't that high.
Second attack has a high energy cost but decent effect. Confusion is powerful, weak only to the confused retreating.
GX attack is really good. Unless you play Golduck BREAK, this is one of the few cards that move energy around. And the damage is high enough for the magic 180.
Well, I think this card is meh because of the energy cost. But, our long neck is here.

Guys 120 plus confusion for 2 energy (if Venusaur is up) is legit. Garde still pwns it but u don't have to commit tons of energy to attack

If you wanted to snipe a vulpix or something, you'd need 3 energy.

Gardevoir would do 130 with only one energy, or 160 with choice band. Many Gard decks I've played against usually have one gardevoir with 3 energy (sometimes 2 if they play mirror gardevoir), so that'd knock it out.

Mediocre first attack. Unfortunate, especially since I was hoping we'd see several good alolan gx's

Back