News Alolan Dugtrio Revealed in 'Sun' and 'Moon' Demo!

98Greener

tree noises
Okay, first of all: WHAT. I'm seriously confused whether I should dislike it or love it. It certainly won't go on my team, however. The hair looks too...synthetic. Even though that's probably what it's going for.

But at the same time, it's so dumb that I can't help but smile every time I see it.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
If all Alolan pokemon end up being gen 1 pokemon, then I think this gen will just have the limelight for max 2 years. This will be a stop gap for a bigger gen 8 launch. I think this would be an experimental Generation if that makes sense to see how the new changes are received by consumers.

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah...not liking Hanson Dugtrio. I think the idea is "surfer dudes buried to their neck in sand"?

There were a couple of interesting ideas on what to do with Diglett floating around the internet. My two favorites were "pure Flying Diglett zooming around on a cloud" and my own idea of just placing Diglet in a brightly coloured swim ring and making it water typed.

But pretty much anything would have been better than putting blonde wigs on them. What does Digda look like?

The first few Alolan forms they revealed (Ninetales, Sandslash, Exeggutor) were kinda cool but its been nothing but downhill since. :-/

professorlight

Ice Queen
I'm sorry, what?

Sugimori, are you okay?

I'm worried about you; look, it's perfectly fine if you like boy bands from the nineties, but you have to stop bringing it to work. It happened with Point break, and we got alolan raichu. Then old-timey silent films and we got meowth, then Gangs of New York and we got rattata, then The Godfather and Ratatouille and there was raticate, and Deliverance, and grimer appeared.
And then you spent three straight days looking at an oil spill on the floor of the parking lot, and we all thought "let the genius work!", but you showed up with muk.

You need a vacation; I'm telling you this out of love.

And if not, here are some more movies: The Dark Knight, Beauty and the Beast, Brave, The Incredibles, Alien, The Empire Strikes Back, It, The Return of the King, Inside Out. You can't go wrong with these.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
WOW... That moment when you thought they couldn't come up with something worse than Alolan Grimer and then you see this...

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
If all Alolan pokemon end up being gen 1 pokemon, then I think this gen will just have the limelight for max 2 years. This will be a stop gap for a bigger gen 8 launch. I think this would be an experimental Generation if that makes sense to see how the new changes are received by consumers.
Considering how "incomplete" X and Y was, i feel like gen 7 were the "experimental" gen.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
I've seen speculation that they're based on rocks covered in seaweed or dropseed grass.

CtayH93WAAE2qXG.jpg

Also with how their dirt looks more like rock now, it would be cool if they're pure Rock or Rock/Water or something, and the hair is a play on rock n' roll.

Also
I can't wait for this board to see Alolan Persian.

Last edited:

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
I have been looking for them in my Demo, but have not yet encountered them. Is the encounter just random, or is it an event in the demo?

Drokas

Who cares?
I have been looking for them in my Demo, but have not yet encountered them. Is the encounter just random, or is it an event in the demo?

There's a theory that these events occur during certain days of the week and time (day or night-time). Of course it's too early to prove this since the demo was released less than a week ago but Dugtrio might be spotted on Tuesdays during day-time.