Alles Wird Gut.(Bushido Article)

Zangoose

Aspiring Trainer
Article Name: Bushido. The Way of the Samurai.
Date: 10/26/2010=
Article Wirter: Andy Kay(Zangoose)
Latest Set: Triumphant (Md-TM)
This deck is a SP varient that uses Shuppet to its advantages. Here's my current list:

The List:
2-1 LuxRay GL lv X
2-1 Banette Pt
1-1 Staraptor FB lv X
4 Crobat G
1 Dunsparce GS
1 Giratina "Let Loose"
1 Mesprit LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Uxie LA
2 MamoSwine GL
1 Unown Q
1 Zangoose Pt
1 Froslass GL
=22
4 Seeker TR
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy
4 PokeTurn
4 PlusPower
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Twins TR
2 SP Radar
2 Energy Gain
2 Expert Belt
2 Bebe's
1 Judge
1 Aaron's
1 Luxury Ball
1 Power Spray

3 Psycic
2 Lightning

The Cards:

LuxRay GL
Luxray GL is a basic 80 hp pokemon,whicb is a huge improvement from when we had 100 hp stage 2's. It's First attack bite does 30 for two colorless energy. Decent can donk a hoppip with an Energy Gain if need be. It's second attack does 70 damage for one lightning 2 colorless(1 Lightning 1 Colorless with an Energy Gain) which can get rid of Gyarados with a few flashbites or if you decide to tech in a Lucario GL. Trash Bolt will come in handy when Gyarados comes into play with Triumphant. But where this card truly shines is in its Level X.

LuxRay GL lv X
109-luxray-gl-lv.x.jpg

It's PokePower, for any of you who played way back when, is a Gust of Wind. It allows you to decide what you want to bring up from their Bench. Whether it be a Regice or a Bronzong G. This card is huge in disruption, letting you decide what your opponent does. It also lets you take easy prizes via its attack Flash Impact. Doing a quick 60 to a benched pokemon is very good. You can knock out their Gastlys or Oddish. It also allows you to bring up their VilePlume and kill it w/ Shuppet. Which bring us to our Next pokemon: Shuppet.

Shuppet Pt
92-shuppet.jpg

Shuppet has 50 hp, which is decent for an evolving Basic. It's first attack is Hypnotic Gaze, which for zero energy Puts the defending pokemon to sleep. A decent stalling tactic that may or may not work. It's next attack is what we focus on, Fade Out. It does 30 damage normally, and return it to its hand and lets you promote a new active pokemon whether that be a Mamoswine GL or a Crobat G. But why is that good you ask? Becuase with PlusPowers and Expert Belt your doing a lot of damage and not letting the plus powers die. Thus you have a renewable attack dishing out 70+ damage. It also has psychic tying which lets you hit plenty of things for weakness. It also evolves into Bannette.

Bannette Pt

Bannette evolves from Shuppet. It's body lets you discard cards from yuor hand that are useless and put damage on Banette equal to the amount of cards discarded. For example for discard 7 cards, you put 70 damage on banette. But just keep in mind it has 90 hp. It's first attack switches the amount of damage on banette to the defending pokemon and vice versa. Its second attack loneliness , does 30 + 30 if you have no pokemon in hand. Which is relatively easy to do via its PokePower. That would do 60 times 2 to a Mewtwo Lv X which would one hit ko it. Mewtwo's easily a big threat to this deck.

Staraptor FB
This card has 80 hp for a basic SP pokemon which is good for an SP.It's first attack does 10 + 10 for a coin flip. The second attack does 30 and switches the defennding pokemon. Not too great, but the lv X makes it playable.

Staraptor FB X

147-staraptor-fb-lv.x.jpg

This card is so good. Especially in a supporter based format without Claydol. What it's poke-power Fast Call does is it searches your deck for a supporter. That lets you grab your Cyrus Conspiracy's and you Seeker's which bounce back a benched pokemon and your opponent does to. I'll get to that in a little. It's attack Defog, does 40, but it does 70 if you discard a Stadium. Which can one shot anything with a times two colorless weakness.

Crobat G

Crobat G is a psychic pokemon with 80 hp. It's pokepower lets you place a damage counter anywhere on your opponents board. It has a attack that requires a Psychic and a colorless(Or One psychic and an Energy-Gain) which double poisons them. A pokemon with high retreat, Donphan for example, will easily crumble to this. Not being able to retreat hurst and taking 20 damagwe inbetween turns. Will easily rack up. It has free retreat, which helps a lot, letting you have free retreater when you Fade Out.

Dunsparce

This card is essentially a Shuppet but can get rid of Garchomp C and the level X with ease. Basically go read shuppet.

Giratina Let loose

This card is all about disruption, by placing it on the bench you both shuffle your hands in and draw four cards. You are probably thinking that this defeats the purpose of shuppet. But its not. You drop Shuppet down withn all of its Pluspowers and Expert belts and then put the Giratina down. This is a renewable move via Seeker.

Mesprit La

It stops your opponent from using Poke-Powers. It stops their Psychic Binds and their Healing Breaths.This card is about stopping your opponent from doing anything, while constantly taking prizes. Spammable with Seeker among other things.

Azelf:
Its pokepower lets you look and reorder your prize cards while taking one card and replacing it with another from your hand. This is key because you play quite a bit of one ofs.

Uxie

This card is not neccessary in this specific Deck in my opinion. But having one never hurts. It lets you draw a lot of cards. Which is always good.

MamoSwine GL

You may be saying wha...? But this truly is a great card in shuppet, it allows you to place more damage counters on the defending pokemon, and makes it so its easier to kill high hp pokemon. Having 100 hp so it's hard for your opponent to knock it out, and you have PokeTurns to return it to the bench. Also vs Gengar/VilePlume, I recommend against dropping it down.

Unown Q
Helps you get out of bad starts by giving it free retreat. But if you start out with it its bad. 30 hp is easy to donk.

Zangoose/Froslass GL

Serves the same purpose. They bring up Vileplume and attempt to kill it. Zangoose also one shots Benched Garchomp C's with an Expert Belt.

The Trainers

Seeker
This card is very flexible, it lets you reuse Crobat Drops LuxRays, and of course Mesprit/Giratina. It also allows you to donk more easily. Lets say you have Shuppet, and you have the donk but then they start out with two Basic Pokemon. First off you drop your Crobat, Seeker, play it again, and Fade out for the ko which wins you the game seeing as how they don't have anymore basics.

Cyrus/ SP Engine

Cyrus fetches out either:
PokeTurn
SP Radar
Energy Gain
Power Spray
PokeTurn is a super scoop up with out the flip for SP's. That lets you use multiple Flash Bites and more Bright Looks. Sp radar is your Bebe's Search for Sp pokemon but it's a trainers so you can search out whatever you need at the time. Energy Gain reduces one colorless in each of your SP pokemons attacks, according the Energy Gain is ttached to that pokemon. This allows you to attack much cheaper and faster. Power spray lets you stop a poke-power as long as you have 3 sp's in play. I only play one for space issues, but one can definitely change a losing game to as winning game.

PlusPower/Expert Belt

They allow you to change your damage output, which lead to more ko's, fast too. But Expert Belt, when the attached pokemon gets ko'd they take two prizes instead of one. But if you attach it to ashuppet you don't have to worry about it.

Twins
Everytime your opponent takes a prize card, you use Fast Call search this card out, and use it. It searches your deck for any two cards and adds them to your hand. This lets you grab whatever you need, whether it be damage modifiers, like Plus powers and Expert belt or Poketurns.

Bebe's Search

A supporter that lets you search out any pokemon in the deck. Staple.

Energy's are what you use to attack.

Possible Techs

Garchomp C lv X

A decent alternative to Luxray. While no where near as good, it serves the same purpose. It also makes you drain your energy count much faster, but allows you to play Warp Energy and Double Colorless Energy. It can help in certain match-ups, but I still disagree with it.

UmBreon UD

Tech a 1-1 in here along with Honchkrow G's and you have a pretty nice outcome. Deals with a LOT of the metagame. Counters VileGar, helps your Dialga Chomp match-up.

Mewtwo lv X

Covers your SP Match-up, a 2-1 Line is preferable with a total of 4 Psychic Energy.

How to play it and match ups:

Vs VileGar
Use Luxray and bring up Oddish/Gloom and kill them. If they do get Plume out use Zangoose to bring it up. Or Froslass. Gengar itself is not too much of a problem you kill it with Fade outs, while avoiding Fainting Spell. PolterGeist is a probloem taking KO's everyturn is easy for them to do.
40/60Me/Them

LuxChomp
use Dunsparce to win the Chomp war. LuxRay doesn't do much in this matchup.
50/50 me/them

DialgaChomp

If they deafen over and over I lose. Other wise its okay. But smart players will Deafen a LOT in this Matchup. It also depends on the set up.
40/60 me/them

Gyarados
Luxray tilts them. Smart Flash bites wins games.
50/50 me them

Everything else is relatively easy.

Micheal Bergerac
Shuppet

I do not get the strategy. It is HoPe, but without Honchkrow? Or it is just a Shppet deck?

Oh, you have 4 poke turn and you want to use it after each time you use Shuppet? Better take something else. I recommend Shedinja SV as the wall, with Unown Q as well.

Come on, 40/60 VS Vilegar? It totally own your tactic. You are going to do 30 damage a turn against them. Plus, poke turn does not work. Shuppet usually does not need to worry about Gengar SF and it Fainting Spell, as you return into your hands after using, which Fainting spell does nothing.

How do I use PokeTurn each time I use a Shuppet? I don't always use Mamo obviously. This deck is just generally faster than VileGar. If they can get a t1 Plume, then it's hard to play around. Overall this deck takes more skill than HoPe IMO. LuxRay's too good of a card to pass up. Also vs VileGar Zangoose/Froslass owns. Luxray brings up Plume and Shuppet it for repeatedly. If they Warp Energy, Froslass or another Bright Look. Reusing Luxray, Tina and Bats with Seekers are too good. Bushido can donk with relative ease. Seeker and shuppet the active? That wins games bro.

Good player's will realize the decks potential.

This thing makes me smile. It's slow, but fast. It weird, but good. It dies to hand disruption, but it can hold its own field. I totally want to test this thing out.

I have a little issue with Froslass and the second Mamoswine. With Froslass, I only see Vileplume, and Luxray fixes you a little. Anyways, against trainer lock, I really doubt your set up, but you're the player, so you know best.

Second Swine. Does it really ever come in handy by gambling starting with it? Couldn't you fit in something better?

Props. This looks fun~

~L_X_F

Bushido. The Way of the Samurai.

From years of exp, and university, Bushido is the way of the warrior.

you have 4 poke turn and you want to use it after each time you use Shuppet?

dude u can't poketurn a shuppet.

I have one major beef with this deck, why didn't you add dce so you can egain and dce with startaptor FB lv. X, coupled with team galactic's stadium so it could help out banette's first attack and or donk garchomp uber fast.

Varit hes talking about poketurning the active sent up after fade out(duh if you didnt realise that)..and a really interesting deck idea zangoose :D props :D

Oh, I get it (or do I?)! This deck is just switching around and then, destroy with shuppet! and plus a lot of disruption. It looks fun to play with. What is your wall then, after shuppet returns into your hands?

Actually, the article specifically says that Shuppet is an SP, and that you can use e-gain and Poketurn on it. I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt and assume this is an editing error (i.e. that orignally another SP Pokemon was to be talked about at this point in this article, and then the article was re-arranged without that sentence being removed/modified/relocated).

In any case, it doesn't look like the tactic here is to wall after Shuppet; the more likely strategy is to stack another 20 damage with Mamoswine GL. At 100 HP, it can be difficult to one-shot the swine (at least with a lot of the current sp-filled meta), so there's a good chance for rinse/repeat tactics here. Maybe consider adding Snowpoint in there to bump the swine up to 120. You can always defog for nice damage later if it winds up helping your opponent too much.

Sounds like it'd be a fun deck to play. Just a reminder to everyone that the new B&W rules - when effective - make PlusPower a one-shot deal, even with Fade Out. Best abuse the current play ruling as long as you can before it's too late...

What a beautiful deck guy!

But I reccomended:
- 2 Mamoswine (if you start with them - especially against VileGar - it's a real problem!!)
- 1 Froslass GL (Zangoose is enough, and also better!)
+ 1 Mesprit LA (more power lock!)
+ 1 Junk Arm (fantastic card here)
+ 1 Power Spray (just one is useless)

And, if you can, put Uxie LvX, another Luxray GL LvX and take out a Staraptor FB. His attacks suck, so you won't use him without the level-up card.

Hope I helped, good luck!

^lol. Your telling me to take out a Staraptor FB and still play the X? If not then never mind. Staraptor's use is to chain seeker. I've cut it down to One Mamo, but against VileGar, I NEVER put it down. One spray is NOT useless. It changes games. You let them believe your not playing sprays, they over extend attempt a set-up for 7, Spray. They get MAD. Zangoose is not enough. If they have the energy to retreat, make them flip Sleep for it.

At Banuffin. Mind quoting it and posting it? I can't seem to find it to edit it.

At Wang Zitong. There's MUCH more strategy than that. Test it yourself and you'll see.

At LxF Go for it bro. It's a more mathematical deck than Hope, and different strategies for each match-up(Like Hope), but overall it's better IMO.

it's right below Luxray:

It's PokePower, for any of you who played way back when, is a Gust of Wind. It allows you to decide what you want to bring up from their Bench. Whether it be a Regice or a Bronzong G. This card is huge in disruption, letting you decide what your opponent does. It also lets you take easy prizes via its attack Flash Impact. Doing a quick 60 to a benched pokemon is very good. You can knock out their Gastlys or Oddish. It also allows you to bring up their VilePlume and kill it w/ Shuppet. Which bring us to our Next pokemon: Shuppet. It's also an SP Pokemon which lets you use Energy Gain, and PokeTurn on it.

question: why only 5 energy in the deck?

All you really need. And space issues. Thanks for that. I believe I thought I was going to do Staraptor, then decided not to.

^lol. Your telling me to take out a Staraptor FB and still play the X? If not then never mind. Staraptor's use is to chain seeker. I've cut it down to One Mamo, but against VileGar, I NEVER put it down. One spray is NOT useless. It changes games. You let them believe your not playing sprays, they over extend attempt a set-up for 7, Spray. They get MAD. Zangoose is not enough. If they have the energy to retreat, make them flip Sleep for it.

LOL, I don't know how, but I saw a 2-1 Staraptor line, my error XD

However, I said about Mamoswine against Gengar in case of bad starts Mamo retreats with 4 energies, and you only play 5 energies in total. I f you start with him, you lose the game without start it.

Well the possiblity of them starting with Tomb and me with Mamo are slim. If not I'll Poketurn. If they actually do that I accept defeat.

Well the possiblity of them starting with Tomb and me with Mamo are slim. If not I'll Poketurn. If they actually do that I accept defeat.
How does one play a Poke Turn while Spiritomb is active? And don't say "majik" or "when no one is looking".
edit: LXF pointed out my error

You don't. Now read those sentences again carefully.

Sorry, but I still want some playthroughs on how Froslass got rid of Vileplumes. I see, at best, some Luxray play in, which risks Seeker, but at least you get Luxray back. Please prove me wrong.

~L_X_F

LxF

Froslass doesn't get rid of a plume neccessarily, but it helps put damage on it(With a shuppet), which leads to a Bright Look play in the future. Also I'm not sure what you mean by:

I see, at best, some Luxray play in, which risks Seeker, but at least you get Luxray back. Please prove me wrong.

Back