All ‘Double Crisis’ Scans and Translations! [1/28]

you know who to blame for all these bad translations

that's right

this guy right here

The Energy make me sad.

yn9WVO2.jpg

Also what on earth happened there?

The artworks are crazy! Pure art! But I also think that these cards will not see much play.

I like a lot of these cards but I can't see any of them apart from Magma's Camerupt being viable o_O does anyone know if this set is a single-time event or if more magma and aqua cards will be released? There are loads of fantastic support cards like the magma/aqua ball, aqua admins, double energy, magma claydol etc but no real big attacker to make the most use out of this support :p magma camerupt only seems like the most viable card there because it can actually help non magma pokemon. or am i missing a good card here?

Ohman, these arts! <3 <3 <3

I was hoping we'd get more full arts than just the two, but the artwork for the regular art cards is so awesome that I am okay with this. :p

Aaaaand this thread reminded me to check AmiAmi and see if they had Double Crisis boxes back in stock and they did, woohoo! \o/

No secret rares? Huh, that was a disappointment. Oh well, the art style is awesome and consistent through the set, at least.

Magma Camerupt and Camerupt-EX is basically a lesser Rayeels, I love it. Definitely building this deck.

About the Tool cards- does it mean that the Pokemon can use its regular attack as well as the attack on the card in one turn? Or does the "also" part of the description just mean it gets that option for attack?

Quite a few interesting cards here.

-Camerrupt could be good with Camerupt EX. Only problem is powering up Camerrupt and keeping him alive before getting hit by Yveltal or Mewtwo.
-Walerin is pretty neat. Both attacks are interesting and it gets tons of support (double energy)
-Claydol would have been a lot better if it could move the energy to any Pokemon (ie; Camerrupt EX)
-Camerrupt/Aggron maybe?

It looks amazing but I'm left with one massive question. If the English set only has 28 cards what are we not getting?

Gruffling said:
It looks amazing but I'm left with one massive question. If the English set only has 28 cards what are we not getting?

Where did you see that the English set only has 28 cards? The blister pack says that it contains 28 cards (and 8 foils), but that's just because it's 4 packs of 7 cards each (and 2 foils per pack?). At least, that's how I read it. I'm not sure what the point would be if each blister pack had all of the cards in it.

EDIT: I guess the original news article does state that the set is only 28 cards, so it must have been on a press release or something. Objection retracted, but it still seems really weird. And I guess we know that none of the cards were released in Primal Clash instead, or we would have seen them. I guess the FAs might be considered "secret" cards in the English set and therefore not be counted in the 28 number, but there would still be 4 more cards that would be removed. Bizarre.

The artwork is breathtaking, probably my favorite artwork from the new sets. It's a skill to draw animated living things with emotion.
Grimer and Muk are my favorites though.

So unlike cards like Strong Energy, Herb Energy, etc.

Double Magma Energy is a (F) Energy since the energy orb isn't altered at all correct? So would that mean cards like Team Magma Great Ball and Scorched Earth can use it as discard material? or it can even be brought back with Camerupt?

Because if they don't say basic energy then it's safe to assume you can search this out and I think that's really great for both of these decks.

Can't the Team Magma ball draw Special Fighting Energy? If so, I can see it being used in Fighting decks...

bbninjas said:
Can't the Team Magma ball draw Special Fighting Energy? If so, I can see it being used in Fighting decks...

The only special "fighting" energy at the moment is actually Double Magma Energy, so sadly it won't work with strong energy because it doesn't actually share the same type icon.

SET REVIEW!

As a whole, Double Crisis is surprisingly good. It features great artwork and 2 fun new archetypes. As for how strong Team Magma and Team Aqua are, I'm not that sure...

Team Magma

Misc Tools

Zangoose is the heart and soul of Team Magma. It is an absolutely incredible starter for a match, because it preps your bench and has a strong follow-up attack. The Fighting Weakness DOES make it susceptible to Landorus-EX donks, but that it moreso a precaution for specific match-ups.

Camerupt is a strong 2-2 line or 3-3 line utility for Team Magma to work with. It draws in Energy, which can then be moved with either Energy Switch or Claydol. The combo isn't nearly as viable as things like Bronzong, but it is pretty cool, and might even work in other kinds of archetypes.

Magma Great Ball is cool, but kind of redundant for this deck. Ultra Ball is the better option, because you already get Basic Searching help with Zangoose.

Courtney & Tabitha are pretty strong on paper, but I feel that just a single copy is all you need for the deck. The only time it becomes super useful is when 1 of your Camerupt's or Claydol's get Lysandre KO'd, or when you need to rebuild an Aggron.

Team Magma Grunt isn't really that good for our current format. Don't use it.

Magma Pointer is really sad, honestly. The only reason to use it is to set up an opponent for a Magma Quake or Rock Storm. Besides, Forretress and Golbat/Crobat do better jobs of damage drops.

Team Magma's Hideout is the last tool that Magma gets at their disposal, and it's honestly strange. While it is great for setting up for Magma Quake and Rock Storm as well, I think that Scorching Earch might be the overall better choice for a Stadium, since you get Camerupt/Claydol synergy.

Groudon EX variants

Groudon-EX is a better attacker than Kyogre-EX, and the tools it has going for it make it much stronger. It gets Energy acceleration with the help of Camerupt, and then all it takes is 2 damage counters on your opponent and a Magma Quake to hit 180. Probably the most viable of the attackers.

Aggron variants

I really like this card. I know it won't become a metagame-stay, but Aggron is unique because of how it gets 2 fun archetypes to go along with it. The first being a combo with Camerupt. While this does take several Stage 1's in play, the payoff is certainly strong. The second combo is with Forretress, which allows you to do 120 to the Active (with Fighting modifiers) and 30 snipe to the Bench. Both are pretty strong options!

Mightyena variants

I don't think this card is very good. At all. Magma Mightyena is only viable for Aqua Matchups, but you won't even need it for that because you're better off just using Groudon, Aggron, or even Zangoose!

Team Aqua

Misc Tools

I like how Team Aqua has a bit more of a variety in the choices of what to work with. The archetype probably isn't as strong as Magma, but I do enjoy all the little tricks you can pull with it.

Sharpedo is the signature 2-2 line that you'll need in every Team Aqua deck. A free search once per turn outclasses Aqua Ball by a MILE, and you can stack it. You could search for another Sharpedo, then use it again to search for 1 more Aqua Pokemon. Then, you still get 2 free searches the following turn. The free retreat is the icing on the cake for Sharpedo, because you can promote it whenever your Active gets Knocked-Out.

Muk is really only a huge card when playing Kyogre-EX. The extra Retreat only helps when using a Retreat-based attacker, and the only merit it gets above Jellicent is that it's Sharpedo searcheable.

Aqua Great Ball is pointless. Just use Sharpedo & Ultra Ball.

Aqua Defuser is stronger than Magma Pointer, and pretty cool. Confusion and Poison off of 1 Energy isn't the craziest thing ever, but it does help set up for the chances where you need to use something like Muk or Seviper for attacking.

Matt & Shelly is pretty much what can be summed up as 'Aqua-smith'. You'll probably have to run a pretty heavy amount of them in your deck to make them worth the time(2-3), but every little Energy does help.

Team Aqua's Hideout is only helpful if you're using Kyogre-EX. Otherwise, the 1 extra Retreat is usually an average addition, made even worse when taken into consideration that this won't affect any Pokemon that has no Retreat or a Float Stone.

Kyogre-EX variants

The reason why I feel that Kyogre-EX isn't as strong as Groudon-EX is because of how many bad match-ups it gets. Attacks based on Retreat Costs are usually strong when they're used as Type Advantage attackers (Plasma Garbodor, Beartic), but Kyogre-EX fails in that department because of how it needs to be the HEAD of a deck. Lots of decks run 1 Retreat cards as the focal point of a deck(Virizion/Genesect being the worst matchup), and even with Muk boosts and Aqua Hideout, Kyogre will only hit for about 140 on average. While there always are the strong matchups where you can hit for nearly 200+, there really is too much going against Kyogre-EX to make it the king of our current format.

Walrein variants

While sniping 2 Pokemon for 80 is strong, Walrein falls short because of the hefty Energy cost. Besides, 80 isn't the most jaw dropping amount for a snipe, especially considering that Mr Mime is still in the rotation. Power Blow is average as well, doing a pretty moderate amount. The nice thing about Walrein, despite all of those flaws, is that the discard effect from Dual Blizzard is ignored by discarding Aqua Energy.

Seviper variants

Getting special conditions on your opponent is MUCH easier than it sounds because of Hypnotoxic Laser and Malamar-EX, and being able to auto-discard off of an attack is pretty useful. It avoids the usual coin-flip problem, and unlike Mega Lucario-EX and Samourott BCR, Seviper is a 2 Energy Basic. Seviper isn't really something I would use as the head of a deck because of the low damage output, but it is a very cool card for creative games.

Mightyena variants

I gotta say, this is probably the only Mightyena card in existence that I like. Even with the strong reliance on luck, Mightyena can be quite fun to use for pleasure. Too bad you'll have to use Trick Coin, because using Victini means you get 1 less spot for a Team Aqua Pokemon to power up your coin flips.

Back