• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ahiro's BIG Tanks [HGSS-on] [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

RE: Ahiro's BIG Tanks [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

It's not like I had the same deck, and obviously I don't care about so-called copying, but I had that thread in the Player's Sandbox...I mean yeah, it's hard to tell if it should count as copying, but I don't see that it matters...Anyway, with Serperior, the damage done with Unown P will stay on Ursaring just long enough to get the damage bonus.

I see... it's an interesting idea. The problem is having such an easy prize in your bench, lol. 50 damage can be easy done by Garchomp C. Nevermind, it's an interesting idea.

Of course, one doesn't have to play down the Unown Q every time. The key is to manipulate damage artfully and effectively to make sure Ursaring can attack for high damage but also stays alive. Also Slowking HS is used with Hammer Arm for some disruption. Judge probably too.

It's like the Super Zekrom (maybe is harder to stay Zekrom alive if you don't have e-belt equipped on it). You use Rainbow Energies in the Ursaring deck? I mean, with that you can not use Unown P, and you have more resources to do 120 damage (and get healed in between turns).

No. Rescue, Call, and Double Colorless Energy find their place there, because if the opponent attacks the Ursaring, I will move all but 1 damage counter from it and begin attacking for high damage. If not, I will drop the Unown P, and again have 1 damage. The key is to have exactly 1 damage on Ursaring, so that it is healed between turns, but can still attack for high damage. Vespiquen UD or bench shield may find a place here. Unown P is better than Rainbow Energy because it can be used each turn, even if the Ursaring is healed.

I see.

Anyway, any thought of a second tank? I really want to use Donphan Prime, but it's kinda hard to get, and maybe there's something better than it.

BUMP and UPDATED DECKLIST

Can this deck survive to the set rotation? Please help!

Hey Ahiro!! yeah man this will definitely survive the roto! im playing with a few LA and PT cards but meh
i kinda dont see that point in running the vileplum, you dont needtrainer lock, put in another line of serperior!, and possibly use sunflora HGSS to get them out quick. the donphan is quick but will hinder your healing ability. im using Zekrom i think. your wailLORD will be unmatched, so good idea, but hey if we play eachother, it will become a deck-out match haha

peace!

The idea of Vileplume is for Pokémon Catcher. I know that it isn't in our format at the moment, so that's why I'm looking cards to replace it.

By the way, thanks!

OOOhhhhh right right! over my head. well you could use gothitellle when she is released with catcher

youre quite welcome!

Maybe you should add in Twins because the deck is kind of slow, so after Smeargle dies you can use twins to set up faster.

Pokemunkulys said:
You could run Braviary if you can't get your hands on any Donphans. It's Wargle in Japanese.

i dont think he wants to replace the Donphans with Braviary because Wailord is already weak to lightning. You don't want both attackers to be weak against lightning right? :p

Hell no. xD But I think that Pokemunkulys means to add a line of Braviary. Nevermind, I'll have to see, because I still need to test it as it is.

In that case, you could use Zekrom...or Tangrowth, or Machamp, or a million other guys. Oooh! I know, Rampardos PL!

im running zekrom and in my opinion its one of the bet attackers for this tank deck
'SuPer' tach decks all the way

^I know that Solrock exist, but no one plays it. And if it is played... well, the tech is blocked, as you might know. But again, no one uses it.

@Pokemunkulys: My idea was HGSS-on deck n.n Zekrom is a nice idea, though.

@Ahiro Ah, I see. Unfortunate. I'm sure some idea will come...I'll help, of course.

You need Lunatone and Solrock for the Pokebody to work. If my opponent is going to waste deck space to play them, setup to get them, and half their bench sustaining them, well then fine, I'll deal. Wailord owns anyway (Seekers! =P).

Back