• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ahiro's BIG Tanks [HGSS-on] [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

RE: Ahiro's BIG Tanks [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

But I get trainer locked with my own Spiritomb...

Spiritomb woud get knocked early I thinks. I've tested it in my Galvantula/Magnezone deck (For BR). Spiritomb gets knocked quick. Its really like 2-3 turns max, by the time hes knocked, you can have on 'Zone ready, and another to candy up on.

Hmmm yeah, that's true. I'll think about it. Using Spiritomb to build Magnezone Prime and then use Twins and continue building with Magnezone, right?

Exactly, Tomb sets up Magnezone, even if you cant candy it. Not to mention if you dont get a Tomb start, you can candy to 'Zone

Yeah. Tomb is always useful for using Twins. I can also add some rainbows, just in case, and use it as a last resort.

PLus as we've already mentioned, you can just Mag Draw for 6, If you ran Juniper, Discard and draw 7. If you have the 2nd Magnezone out, Second Mag Draw after playing a few cards. HUGE DRAW ENGINE :D

Twins I do agree with, as much as I would'nt have thought about it it makes sense.

So...looks nice Ahiro. Just a bit of Metagame-Counter input here. :D
So, we need to be able to get Heavy Donphans and Wailords out of the Active spot.
-2 Fighting Energy
-1 Water Energy
+2 Warp Energy

Bebe's Search is usually not needed in such high quantities, and Seekers will allow pinch healing as well as reuse of Warp Energy.
-1 Bebe's Search
+1 Seeker

You should try to get out a quick Donphan in some match-ups, because quick Donphans can get a lot of early prizes and the Earthquake damage is insignificant. You only need 4 Fighting because you should never be using Donphan's second attack (Almost never, at least), just using Earthquake for fast damage and following up by healing.

You now have quite good match-ups against most decks. However, we run into trouble against Gengar. We can't have them Fainting Spelling our tanks, can we?

+1 Skuntank G
+1 Unown Q
+1 Azelf
You need to get a few certain lines out each game, so an Azelf is a good idea. You shouldn't rely on your Spiritomb dying early on, and you should always have a free retreater in case you lose an attacker. Finally, not attaching an Expert Belt and using Poison Structure allows you to kill Gengars without triggering Fainting Spell, and with 4 Warp Energy and Seeker, it is not a problem to remove the condition (Not to mention Serperior preventing its even being an issue in the first place in most cases).

Now I know there are too many cards here...one might reduce the Wailord line to 2 - 2, or find some other way to fix the room.

Finally, I have come up with the best way to call decks that use the Serperior Reuniclus combo. Serperior is yellow and Reuniclus blue. I will use Wailord and Steelix as examples.

Super Wailord, and Super Steelix.

"What deck are you running?" "Super Zekrom! =D"

Thanks dude :)

I like the energy suggestion, I'll make those changes. Also for the Bebe's.

I was going to suggest Crobat G instead of Skuntank G, but now I understand why you didn't suggested it xD It's quite a nice idea, I almost forgot of Gengar SF (and the big pain in the... neck that is that card), so I'll see the decklist and decide which things to took out to add those three cards, because I don't want to reduce any more the Wailord line.

Hahaha, I like the super idea! xD Also, the Super title goes very good with Wailord and with Donphan.

Thanks a lot for the help! I'll update the decklist soon.

EDIT: Updated decklist! I've made the changes as you said xD Wailord line is fine with 2-2, also having Donphan Prime. I'll test it against Vilegar, and see what happens.

Dang ! Ahiro some killer ideas here!
i had the slight idea of running a 2-2 ursiring prime???? two DCE for 120 not bad but i may be wrong.
and it looks like Mzone will be utilized after the roto

Thanks! I thought about Ursaring, but I already have a heavy tank (Wailord). Ursaring cannot replace Donphan Prime because Donphan Prime is a fast tank (1 energy for 60 damage).

Magnezone Prime will be added to this deck as a drawing power. But when the set rotation occurs.

Right right, donphan just wrecks and SuPer Donphan is redicilis. Thing is i dont want to copy you, so i may try SuPer UrsaPhan. And if you can set up that lord behind that Donphan you will be unknockable!!

That's the idea xD Nevermind, you don't have to use Wailord against a thunder deck, you only run Donphan.

exactly! asof right now youre teching quite nicely against the fire decks and electric, and with the added sTank G teching against vilegar. only problem for me is that i hate SP pokemon, and there is not a lot of room to fit in a crobat prime.

For what you need a Crobat Prime...? You already have Spiritomb for slow down any SP deck (any trainer user deck). Garchomp cannot KO any of your pokémons, unless you don't have them evolved and you don't have Reuniclus and Serperior (so building Serperior and Reuniclus is your first thing to be done). Dialga G Lv. X doesn't do anything because you don't use poke bodies, you have Warp Energy to Luxray FB (so you can retreat the one who bringed in).

If you're fast to build Reuniclus, Serperior and your tank, nothing can stop it, because you have to do 180/200 in one turn to KO Wailord, and if you play against a thunder deck, you have Donphan that receives -40 damage to thunder attacks. Except you play against a deck that does 150 each turn and you don't have enough energies to attack.

crobat is my poison tech around fainting spell since i dont want any SP sTank G.
its an ok idea but the thing is i want to try and my own second tank to add with donphan. i really love your deck list but i feel bad for copying. so inturn i will take out my stupid rescue energy and put in my warps! plus crobat will be able to snipe off the the trainer lock of vileplume, maybe

It's an interesting idea of using a sniper tank. Just didn't use Crobat prime because it's a Stage 2 and I've already 2 in the deck.

Test it against Vilegar, and see how it works (Y)

yeah thats my worry too, but its only if i really need it. either 1-1-1 line or 1-0-1 idk yet
buti will test when i get the cards!! ahh prerelease!! if youre going i hope you do well man

Valassil the skuntank G is in there just to sit on the bench and proved the 110th damage on Gengars, not actually be a feature of the deck. The problem is to avoid fainting spell because this is a tank deck and who wants to violate the entire principle of a tank deck by giving up such a free prize? No one, that's who.

Anyway, don't feel bad about copying Ahiro, since you'll really just be joining him in copying me and I live to be copied =P.

Ursaring Prime is an idea. Does anyone remember a while back when I suggested his use with Unown P? No? Oh well. Maybe I'll remake the deck with Supering.

I... don't remember that Ursaring Prime with Unown P idea. I also don't remember what Unown P does, so I'll see the scan later.

About the copying issue... I didn't knew that I was copying you, I didn't see your Reuniclus/Serperior decklist xD but well, if you made it first I think that some credit can go to you. I'll try to search your deck idea (since I'm going to work right now and I don't have any time).

BTW, The deck worked great against Vilegar (2-0).

Back