• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aggron/Sableye

Mist

Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
I've been trying to find a deck where I can buy the Pokemon with under $10, and I found this Aggron. I tried it with Sableye, and really like it.

4-4-4 Aggron
4 Sableye

2 Darkrai EX

Pokemon 18

4 N
3 Juniper
3 Cheren

4 Devolution Spray
3 Level Ball
3 Heavy Ball
1 Ultra Ball
4 Crushing Hammers
3 Enhanced Hammers
1 Super Rod
2 Random Receiver
2 Max Potion
2 Rescue Scarf

T/S 35

7 Darkness

Energy 7

I know this deck needs work, but I'm not sure what. Please don't suggest Catcher. I know its awesome and I should use it, but I have none or any way of getting some.

The strategy is to use Aggrons ability to mill their deck while Sableye recycles devolution spray.

Please give me advice. I need it.

RE: Aggron/Sableye/Durant

If you are milling, add durant. As much as aggron and sableye can do, start off with the durant then when you can, set up 2 agrons, then get a sableye for lategame dev sprays and recycling items. You need to be super dissrupt to pull it off.

Durant is terrible in this deck, all it does is slow it down. Also, rare candy is bad as well, since you'll be devolving then re-evolving anyways. Stick with 4 devo sprays, 4 sableye, 4-4-3 aggron and 2 Darkrai. Since you'll be running darkrai you can axe the switch, giving you more room for disruption or recovery items.

Your goal should be 3 Lairons, 1 Sableye and 1 Darkrai on the bench and a sableye active, hammering away energy early game while evolving to aggrons and then switching the focus to devolving once most of their energy is gone. By the time you have that setup, you should have no problem milling 6-9 cards a turn.

This deck is really fun to play although you have to learn a lot of patience as the milling is slower than Durant (but it's worth it in the end because you can pretty much Hammer opponents out of the game).

Metal Energies are pretty much useless in this deck. Streaming Sableyes are the most important thing you need to do, not attacking with Aggron lines where you're going to give up Prizes that you don't want with them. This deck also needs needs Super Rod to get back lines and such. Here's the changes I would make:

-4 Metal Energy
+3 Dark Energy
+1 Super Rod

Another option that you should look into is adding in a Darkrai EX. This thing can do serious damage against the right deck after you mill some resources and more importantly, it lets you cut the Switch for space. I also recommend Cheren over Bianca in this deck because the deck doesn't have low hands too often after playing Junipers/N and having a bunch of resources in the hand you can't play. Random Receiver is also super nice with Sableye but space is also tight with this deck.

dmaster out.

Thanks for the advice. Here are my changes,

-3 Rare Candy
-4 metal energy

+3 Darkness Energy
+1 Super Rod
+2 Darkrai EX
+1 Random Receiver

-3 Bianca
+3 Cheren

I should take out switches too, what could I add in its place?

it may sound crazy, but how would you feel about pinsir nxd

2 colorless energy and u have a chance to discard all energy they have on their active.
just an idea, i played u on playtcg a while ago. ur deck wasnt too bad.

I'm not sure pinsir goes well with this deck.
I'd rather junk hunt with sableye to get another 6 cards off their deck than having a chance to stall basically.

I'd suggest taking out a Level Ball and an Ultra Ball for 2 Max Potion. Otherwise, if a Raikou snipes one of your Aggrons you can no longer devolve it.

Thanks for some more advice. I like the idea of Max potion and rescue scarf.

Here are my changes
-2 Switch
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Level Ball

+2 Max Potion
+2 Rescue Scarf

Someone took third place in the Masters divison at the Battle Roads I attended yesterday. Six rounds were played, no one went undefeated and three people went 5-1 (including him). I didn't get a chance to play him but I was able to watch parts of a couple of his games.

I didn't see any Darkrai-EX in play but it does sound like a good idea because you can run the deck without switch. Darkrai-EX also gives you something to use against the Garbador match-up, although you would have to add Pokemon Catcher in order for that to work :p (sorry, I know you said not to suggest it but it might be beneficial for others to know).

The strategy that he used was to keep Sableye in the Active position to use Junk Hunt to retrieve Devolution Spray, Crushing Hammer, and Enhanced Hammer. He milled his opponents while keeping them at bay via the use of both Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer.

His only loss was a donk (turn two or three, I'm not entirely sure how it played out) against Garchomp/Altaria (they played a rematch and the Aggron deck destroyed the Garchomp/Altaria deck). A lot of people were annoyed with him for playing the deck though, especially if they had to play him :p.

I just tried this deck on PTCG, and it works surprisingly well. I would suggest dropping the switch altogether for another Random Receiver to keep those supporters going.

You should also find some space for Tool Scrapper. Garbodor kinda....auto-wins.

Skyarrow's better then switch in this deck, and as an idea wouldn't rare candy increase speed for mid game.

varit said:
Skyarrow's better then switch in this deck, and as an idea wouldn't rare candy increase speed for mid game.

I don't want Sky arrow incase they catcher up my aggron, then it wouldn't help at all.
And rare candy can be nice at the beginning, but once I'm on a roll, using devolution spray, I'm gonna need to have all aron-lairons not aron-Aggron.

I think I will take out the switch for a RR.

-1 Switch
+1 RR

But the thing is they're gonna ko all the larions on you're bench eventually, you're gonna be stuck with a bunch of basic's and it would seem faster to evolve them to mill for the fast easy win.

Even if they catcher up you're aggron 1 switch doesn't make a difference.

Fusion said:
If you had catchers or access to catchers what would you take out for them?

I would probably take out a few hammers and an Aggron. I seriously doubt I'll be able to nab any though.

varit said:
But the thing is they're gonna ko all the larions on you're bench eventually, you're gonna be stuck with a bunch of basic's and it would seem faster to evolve them to mill for the fast easy win.

Even if they catcher up you're aggron 1 switch doesn't make a difference.

I don't really see your point. I have tried this deck originally with candies, but it didn't work as well really.
You're right, one switch doesn't make a difference, that's why I took it out.

I wouldn't even use the candies until mid to late game, even if I had the option early game I would never take it because of the de-evolution spray. I look at it like this, for the first part of the game you're going to want to setup larion but once they start going you're mid to late game setup speed will be drastically slowed down, you're likely to not even setup aggron if you go the route of devolution spray and even if they're about 4-5 cards off from the win it seems like a better option for the mid to late game win, which is why someone already mentioned durant to avoid this problem and just have the short hand mill option through out the game, but durant is to clunky for aggron so why not rare candy.

This is to assume that you're opponent realized that sableye doesn't matter without aggron, even with all the hammer's.

I also though of rescue scraf's and revive's, that would work, you'd never lose a larion and the revive is universal for sableye.

Back