Accidental mark on the back of my card sleeve!

o0Flint0o

Aspiring Trainer
I just ordered some card sleeves from amazon, and when I opened them, I accidentally made a small mark with my nail while putting the cards in them.
What should I do? I don't have any extra sleeves!
(I'm asking if there is a way to fix it without replacing it and if they'll let me use it)

In order to get an accurate response, you'll have to take a picture of the marked sleeve and show it to us.

Celebi23 said:
In order to get an accurate response, you'll have to take a picture of the marked sleeve and show it to us.

Ah. Forgot something.
Here's the picture;
Photo0065.jpg

Do note that I had to turn on a lamp to get an accurate picture, but it still can be seen a little bit with the human eye.

And don't comment about the hello kitty charm! It's just there! O_O

Alright, so hopefully lesson learned that you never want to buy only 60 sleeves; it's better to buy two packs of 50 and have 40 extras or get the ones that have 65+ in them.

Most judges most likely won't allow that sleeve. I know the ones at the events I go to probably would, but I've never known any other judges who are so lenient with sleeves.

Basically, you have 3 options:

1. Buy another package of the sleeves and have lots of extras.

2. Use that pack of sleeves for league and playing with friends, and buy a separate pack for tournaments.

3. Try to get into a tournament with those sleeves. Worst case scenario, you have to play without sleeves. If this happens, the value of your deck will decrease by a dollar every time you shuffle. Only half-joking...

There's this time I bought 2 ultra pro packs of 50, and they were both supposed to be white. One pack of 50 was more whiter than the other pack, so that means I had 10 cards that aren't as white as the other 50 cards. What a letdown.

The good thing about using Player's Choice is that it comes in packs of 60. This means that you don't go through that BS where a pack of 50 sleeves is different from another pack of 50 sleeves of the same color.

Ultra pro also releases a pack of 100 sleeves. This is just 2 packs of 50 sleeves bundled together, and not one pack of 100 sleeves, so that means that there can be the problem I described in the first paragraph.

Heh. I only got Player's choice because they came in packs of 60, and because it was in my favorite color; Orange!
I guess I'll just play within the league. I'll buy some more later.

hm.... you could just tape it on the inside over the mark to protect it? The card would over the tape. I did that before. It really doesnt look too bad.

Is that how to fix it? Not to sound mean, but I don't know how that will work.
I damaged it with my nail opening the pack. (Note to self; trim nails before opening anything.)

Celebi23 said:
3. Try to get into a tournament with those sleeves. Worst case scenario, you have to play without sleeves. If this happens, the value of your deck will decrease by a dollar every time you shuffle. Only half-joking...
if you do that, it isnt a bad idea to have backup sleeves

Do you have a Wal Mart or Target near you? If so look for the 100 packs of Ultra Pro sleeves. These hide marks and if marked it is almost not even noticeable XD.:)

signofzeta said:
There's this time I bought 2 ultra pro packs of 50, and they were both supposed to be white. One pack of 50 was more whiter than the other pack, so that means I had 10 cards that aren't as white as the other 50 cards. What a letdown.

The good thing about using Player's Choice is that it comes in packs of 60. This means that you don't go through that BS where a pack of 50 sleeves is different from another pack of 50 sleeves of the same color.

Ultra pro also releases a pack of 100 sleeves. This is just 2 packs of 50 sleeves bundled together, and not one pack of 100 sleeves, so that means that there can be the problem I described in the first paragraph.

That's why you buy darker colour sleeves, I only buy black.
On topic, I'd just purchase another pack, 60 for playing (undamaged ones) and 60 for storage/backups. I've needed back up sleeves before

Back