Ruling Absol G: Doom News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash Kick Guile

Aspiring Trainer
How does this work? If I use it, and the opponent retreats or PokeTurns/SSUs, does the next defending Pokemon get hit by the Doom News?

The effect of Doom News will activate at the end of your opponent's next turn only if nothing happened to the Poke that was hit. By this I mean it's still the same (not evolved/devolved/LV Xed) and is still in the active spot. Leaving the field also cancels all effects.

use effects that increase retreat cost (I believe there is a parasect that does this, but i don't know if it is current legal or not). If you don't care about current legality, you can use cards like Sleep (Trainer from the old Team Rocket set), The Rocket's Training Gym (one of the old gym sets), or Drowsee from the Team Rocket set, probably among others.

Dugtrio PL will make them take 20 if they retreat, and Ariados MT makes their retreat cost 1 more. Luckily, you can easily tech a 1-1/2-2 line of either as a benchsitter. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about Switch/WP/SSU/Poke Turn, but they do have a limited amount of them.

All around I think its just a crummy attack. At least it doesn't discard your energy like jirachi. There are WAY too many ways to get round it. I'd focus on absol's other attacks.

How does this work? If I use it, and the adversary retreats or PokeTurns/SSUs, does the next arresting Pokemon get hit by the Doom News?

...No. Doom News is an effect of an attack on the Defending Pokemon at the time the attack was executed (like LA Jirachi's Doom Desire). If the Defending Pokemon evolves, retreats, or is SSU'd or Poke Turn'd, Doom News no longer has an effect.

And of course, if Unown G was equipped at the time of the attack, Doom News would do absolutely nothing. (But not if Unown G was equipped afterward.)

HoneyQ143, Please don't revive threads that haven't had a new post within the past two weeks.

*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back