Abra, kadabra, alalkazam!

• Thread starter Fire Pokemon Master
  • Start date
F

Fire Pokemon Master

Does anyone know why nor abra or kadabra haven't been in any ex series??? Does anyone think they will be in Ex power keepers??? Please post here, thanks.

As stated many times before... Kadabra's image has cause Nintendo to be sued by a "psychic" called Uri Gellar. He stated that Kadabra's image was based of him (stripes on body, carrying a twisted spoon). I think he won the case, so no Alakazam lines have been reprinted in the EX series. However, I think they are allowed to display it in the game becuase it'll be unfair to remove to ability to complete the Kanto Pokédex.

I saw a card that a freind of mine had. It was psycic, stage 1, and evolved from abra. But, the picture was of a feraligatr, in some sort of wacky pose, almost like he was doing an egyption dance. I'm not sure if it was a fake, but some of the card was ripped of the top, exposing the actuall paper in the card. In looked like a normal card.

sadly i don't know when can i see the alakazam line again *sigh*
and they we're my favourite pokemon's =(

TheNextShamanKing said:
And he just realized that now, after about ten years of Pokemon in America?  Some people are idiots.

Hey, I live in England, and am a bit isolated from the pokemon world, so i never got to knowing about the alakazam think. But how come alakazam * is in cg?

m0nster1nc said:
I think he won the case, so no Alakazam lines have been reprinted in the EX series.

For further details, please look at this...
Wikipedia said:
In November of 2000 it was reported that Uri Geller, an Israeli psychic-magician who claims to bend spoons with his mind, sued Nintendo over the Pokémon "Yunger?" (?? or "Yungeller"; "Kadabra" is the English name of this Pokémon) which he claimed was an unauthorized appropriation of his identity. [1] [2] The Pokémon in question has psychic abilities and carries bent spoons. He also claimed that the star on Kadabra's forehead, and the lightning patterns on its abdomen, are symbolisms popular with the Waffen SS of Nazi Germany, and was outraged at the connotations that Nintendo has supposedly made. Although the symbols are derived from Zener cards, the name is a pun; the katakana letter 'n' looks quite like the letter 'ri' (the translation of Mr. Geller's name into Katakana would be ???? or "Yuriger?"). Geller sued for the equivalent of US$100M, but lost.

He actually lost!!! IMO, Nintendo has got no excuses not to print the Alakazam line :D

BLazikenEXrocks said:
TheNextShamanKing said:
And he just realized that now, after about ten years of Pokemon in America?  Some people are idiots.

Hey, I live in England, and am a bit isolated from the pokemon world, so i never got to knowing about the alakazam think. But how come alakazam * is in cg?
I think he was talking about Uri Gellar, not you.

Arcanine out.

I live in england too. I heard about the uri gellar case quite a while ago. I am not exactly sure why he got offended. It is not as if Uri gellar is the only psychic in the world who has ever bent a spoon. If it is true that he lost then they probably will have it in power keepers. There was rumours of an alakazam ex. If he won and it was only kadabra that was mentioned in the contract then that might explain the alakazam * in CG.

OFF TOPIC: There was already a thread like this before.
ON TOPIC: Chimaera_ex, that was very useful information. Thank you for bringing that up.

A note about that info:

While Gellar did lose said case, he DID get SOME statisfaction in the fact that Nintendo would NOT use Kadabra anymore in the TCG. Hence why it's last appearance was in...skyridge?

If I was a spoon bender, I would think it would be good advertizing to have millions of people evolving their pokemon into an image of me. I would let the world now that it was me, and that I should get more business.

Anyway, if they are not allowed to put Kadabra in the sets because of Uri Geller, I would parachute into his house with a shot gun and manually 'void' the contract.

K. The Fact is that KADABRA Werent Aloud anymore. So why arent there Any Abra/Alakzam? Cuz You CAN CANDY them.

I hate people who sue for stupid crap.

I mean, I actually like that line.

I mean, it's magic!

ABRA, KADABRA, ALAKAZAM!!!!!

Well. Incase PUSA/Nintendo Never Ever gonna Make Kadabra. Hope for POP5 To get a Rare Candyed Alakazam ^^

I know its odd, but I think the tcg dont like to put cards in sets that you can't use because of evoloution, even if rare candy can be used, don't ask me why, because i really don';t know, but I think that is why.

-_-U Tell Me Were The Tailow/Wurmple/Silcoon in Pop1 Were, or Anorith. and Pidgy and Pdgeotto in POP 2. Or Blazi/Sceppy/Swamp Pre evo's Were? Combusken/Marshtomp/Blasty/Donohan/Forretress/ivysaur Pre- Evo's were? Flygon/Combusken Pre Evo's were? NOT IN THE SAME POP SERIE. Enough Room for Abra/Kazam

beautiful-swablu said:
I live in england too.

Although off the subject, do you know if there are anty tournaments in england? I cant seem to find any. Is there a cities or nationals???

ON the subject: I still don't understand how kadabra looks like a person! Anyways, Why didn't he sue them for alakazam aswell??? It looks very similar to kadabra. ANd what about Abra??? why isn't he in the tcg as an abra* or something?? (I know abra * sounds odd, but there were treeko, mudkip and torchic *)

ABRA*!!!!!! Thats Perfect!. Maybe there will Be Stars etc. in DP. What do yew all think of Abra* and Alakazam*. that Guy above me is almost a Genius =}

Uh.. Yey??? There already is an alakazam * in cg by the way

Back