RBY A Red Golbat? [Blue Version]

Sheogorath

Aspiring Trainer
So, I was just reminded of the Red Golbat that I caught on my blue version from way back when. I'm pretty sure that it was just named Golbat, but the sprite was a red version of Golbat. I caught it in the cave before the Indigo Plateau. I don't think there were shiny Pokemon back then so just wondering what you guys make of it. I still have the game but my brother has since then saved over the game.

RE: Red Golbat [Blue Version]

Perhaps a glitch? I've never heard of Shinies on any game before Gold/Silver. The whole point of them being called "shinies" is because of the sparkle effect that appeared which resembled shininess =P

That's what I meant. Shiny Gyrados appeared in Gold/Silver. From what I know, shinies didn't exist til the Jhoto time.

Sheogorath said:
It definitely was a red golbat

Then most likely a glitch. I've never heard of such a claim, and a glitch seems to be the most logical answer.

You can change any Gameboy Game's colour scheme on the Gameboy Color by pressing and holding specific buttons, are you sure the rest of the game wasn't in red as well when you encountered the Golbat? There's no way of mixing colour schemes on Red and Blue, so it's either this, or you're lying, or your memory isn't as good as it used to be.

No, it most definitely was just this Golbat. I remember I was able to transfer it over to Pokemon Stadium (in the lab thing), and back over to the game and it was still red. Though I never tried actually playing with it in Stadium (Why would I ever battle with a Golbat?), and I was able to show it to my friend and my brother.

Red Golbat doesn't exist in any game...even as a shiny. As a shiny he has pinkish wings, but that's it.

I think you might just remember wrong because every pokemon and object in that game was blue. It's different from silver or gold because they programmed many colors into those, but in blue version the only color used was blue

Ensiger said:
Red Golbat doesn't exist in any game...even as a shiny. As a shiny he has pinkish wings, but that's it.

Not true dude

My shiny golbat on diamond is Brown

it's the only shiny i've ever gotten

In D/P/Pt, Golbat's shiny is a darkish green with pink wings.

42.png

In Red and Blue, here's what Golbat looked like.

rbspr042.png

Like Spoon said, you could tweak how the color are. And shiny Pokemon did not exist in the 1st Generation, and came along in the 2nd Generation.

PokeMario said:
I think you might just remember wrong because every pokemon and object in that game was blue. It's different from silver or gold because they programmed many colors into those, but in blue version the only color used was blue

Not true dude

My shiny golbat on diamond is Brown

it's the only shiny i've ever gotten

I meant that the only thing close to Red on a Shiny Golbat is the pink wings.

Are you positive that it wasn't a Missingno? I don't recal if every one has been clasified.

What attacks did it know?

Yeah, I know it wasn't Missingno because first off I didn't catch it off of Cinnabar Island, and its name was Golbat. It was definitely red, you can instantly tell when all you see in the cave are Golbat every second step. Yeah I don't remember moves, as I would never use a Golbat on my team, so they were probably just ordinary.

Well take a picture of it? idk what else to say about it, it sounds quite strange

I've had something like this, though it was when my friend was playing a new game on my Emerald. Around the rival battle, he came across a pink Poochyena. Since then, we've checked to make sure it wasn't shiny, and to this day, we have no idea what happened. Sadly, since it was around the rival battle, he didn't have any Poké Balls. Even if he had, he wouldn't have been able to save, as this new game was just for fun and was not going to be saved over my original. And because we had no access to a camera, we couldn't take a picture or anything.

Anyway, I halfway suspect that this and your red Golbat are possibly extremely rare programming errors. Since you're saying the Golbat was red, we can assume that you were playing on a Game Boy Color, Super Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, etcetera. Also, since normal pre Game Boy Color games could only display 4 shades of gray, (Or four shades of blue in color. I can't remember, were more than four shades ever shown?) did you ever notice any discoloring?

Yeah, wish I could take a picture but like I said my brother erased over the same game (multiple times actually), I could see if it is still in the Lab on Pokemon Stadium, but I doubt it.

I was playing it on a Gameboy Color/Pokemon Stadium Gameboy.

There weren't any other color problems as far as I could tell.

If it's on the Pokémon Stadium gameboy emulator, it might be a programming error. Unlike with the gameboy, it's not downright impossible for the colours to mess up there (though I've never heard of it happening before).
You should've said this sooner...

Well I'm not sure which one it was on (it's about a 50-50 chance), and it was only the sole Golbat.

Yes, I remember changing the colour scheme by pressing down every button. Maybe you did this.

This is the only logical explanation I can think of.

Back