BW/BW2 A question about shiny pokemon.

PkmnTrainerAFV

Aspiring Trainer
I need to know a few things.

1. Can you soft reset before picking up an egg to make it shiny?
2. Can you still give a male an everstone to pass on nature?

This is all I need to know.

1. Shininess isn't determined when you pick up the egg. It is determined when it hatches. So just soft-reset near to the time it hatches.

2. In Generation IV, in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, inheriting natures remains the same as in Emerald. However, in the Johto remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver, inheriting Nature was changed a little. Whichever Pokémon is holding an Everstone will pass down its nature, regardless of gender, or whether it is breeding with a Ditto. Another minor change that is present in all Generation IV games, is that the passing on of natures via an Everstone will not work if the Pokémon are from different real world countries (e.g. Argentina and Spain).

Heres another question.
Lets say I save before picking up an egg. Then I hatch it and nature, characteristic and gender and determined.

1. Will stats,etc. still be the same after I rehatch it?
2. Can I still make it shiny?

When you pick up the egg, NOTHING is determined. Everything is determined when it hatches. Saving before the egg hatches doesn't do anything with determination.

On my Diamond I soft-reseted an egg about 100 something times and eventually it came out shiny. I didn't want to have multiple eggs. I saw a video of this on YouTube somewhere...*goes on YouTube*

EDIT: checked Google, and I WAS wrong! I just remembered that I was soft-reseting BEFORE getting the egg...(I feel stupid :p)

So basically, when the Day Care Man calls you over do you reset then? Also what are the odds of this being successful as I really want to get a nice collection of Shiny Pokemon.

^You are correct. But I used a method known as the Masuda method. Basically, you used two Pokemon of different languages (eg. English+Japanese). For whatever reason, the chances of shiny Pokemon from eggs quadruples!

I have tried that with Buizel one being English and the other Japanese with no success and also a Japanese Zorua with English Ditto. Are you saying if I attempt the Masuda Method with the soft reset my chances will increase, also how can you determine wether the Egg will be good or not?

I was going to post this before slickmario's last post, but here it is anyway:

Close. You save in front of the Day-Care Man, pick up your egg, hatch it, and soft reset if isn't a shiny/whatever IVs and nature you want. Then you just repeat the process. As for the odds... I don't know if the odds were changed in the least for BW (they probably weren't), but the normal odds for obtaining a shiny are 1 in 8,192. Breed parents from different countries, and the odds become 1 in 2,048.

It just gets me with all the hassle of getting Shiny Pokemon yet I bred a Drifblin and Ditto and the first egg was a shiny, took a bit longer to hatch though.

The odds were changed in B/W, but only for the international breeding. Instead of 4/8192, it's now 6/8192, or ~1/1300.

so wait...you cant tell if an egg is shiny before it hatches...so i would have to hatch it... THAT WILL TAKE FOREVER. its ok i already caught my volacorona so i dont want the egg

Back