XY A new kind of Pokémon - Monochromatic?

Reggie McGigas

-
So apparently there is a new kind of Pokemon called Monochromatic Pokemon. Rarer then shinies, these Pokemon are almost impossible to get. Are these real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp4KkPrMD2Y - A link to a video describing these Pokemon.

23yk.png

4cur.png

RE: A new kind of Pokemon - Monochromatic?

I wouldn't be surprise. I think I even read in one interview that they were planning on implementing a new version of shiny.

o_O eh? What is this? One of those many fan Pokémon games that you can get Metal, Ghost ect... versions of Pokémon?
BTW, still haven't found a Shiny...

I wouldnt be surprised. It would make up for the fact that PokeRadar is available in this game, as well as the apparant rumour of 'shinies being less rare'.

I'm slightly annoyed by the monochromatic colour... Mainly because I like colour. But, it could just be like almost everything else in X and Y, and be a ploy for 'nostalgia' by taking it back to the original games of little to no colour.

umm they look like the texture didn't load correctly

chaosomega said:
umm they look like the texture didn't load correctly

The textures loaded fine, that's either photo manipulation or those are, in fact, new shinies, which is stupid.
So, shinies became less rare than what was intended (an inevitable fact) so they just churn out a new shiny? get serious, GF.

This is... ridiculous...
I don't like shinies that much already and now this?

It's apparently a texture glitch, and another site has apparently proven it too. Also to quote from someone "Monochrome Pokemon are a glitch from trading. Saving and resetting the game fixes them."

Ehh, not sure how I feel about this. If it is even real, that is. I feel like they could do something better than "monochromatic" to create more variation. Monochromatic seems too unrealistic, even for pokemon. Maybe if it was more similar to albinism, or melanism, I might be more for it.

I'd just like to point out that this type of thing is very easy to photoshop.
It's a really cool idea though.
Is the glitch confirmed?

Skyress said:
It's apparently a texture glitch, and another site has apparently proven it too. Also to quote from someone "Monochrome Pokemon are a glitch from trading. Saving and resetting the game fixes them."

...Darn. I was getting excited there for a minute.

I mean...am I the only one here reminded of Game Boy graphics when I see these?

I would have actually liked this. Shinies basically don't mean anything now that there's a formula you can follow to catch them. This would be like "okay we'll let you have your shinies, but they're being usurped in rarity by NEW shinies!" Oh well.

There's been a formula to catch them since they were introduced.

I would appriciate a new shiney but if there was a new "shiny' i think it would be metalic pokemon.

So I'm fairly sure these monochromatic pokemon are a glitch. If you watch closely whenever a pokemon is sent into a battle, the moment it exits its pokeball it is shown as monochromatic then quickly regains its color. It's for a split second only, but I'll see if I can find an example to post here somehow.

EDIT:

Monochrome Fennekin

Screenshot taken at approximately 00:47 on this video

I wish it was an intended thing, or at least permanent, but no, they turn normal after saving, quitting and loading the game. :c There are other texture glitches too. For example:
original.jpg

Just letting you know that the people that are quoting The site that must not be named is saying this is a texture glitch should know that The site that must not be named is not a reliable source. For example, they said Proatean changed the user's type after the user used an attack.

You must be allowed to name the source of your information. lol
It's true that they have loads of inaccuracies but if the texture resets upon reloading, it does.

Back