A long time ago in a Tounament Center far far away... BEFORE PLOX!!

What was the Best Deck before Plox/GG came around.

• Infernape-Delcatty

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Turn 2 Blissey (remember, BOOST ENERGY was legal back then...

• Flygon EX

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Kingdra Swarm

• Turn 2 Kricketune, FTW!!

• OTHER

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
OK, so we all know that PLOX/GG dominated the format of Holon Phantoms and on, and went to win the Masters division in Worlds in 3 games against T2 Blissey. But what about Before the SW set came out?? I was just curious what you all thought was the best deck in the format BEFORE Plox/GG came around.

^^^ there is a poll above with a few deck I deas, and an 'OTHER' category. If yo choose 'OTHER', tell me which deck you thought, and why.

Remember children. There are no wrong answers, unless you say 'PLOX' or 'GG'.

I personally think Flygon EX was the best, but what about you??

RE: A long time ago in a Tounament Center far far away... BEFORE PLOX!

I liked Flygon ex PK good card with boost energy.

After DP came out , Inferacatty was big.
Also before SW , Blissey dominated cites.
During the 06-07 season in my area , rai-eggs was popular as well.

06-07 season is Australia was G&G/Metanite.

I was the only person who didn't net-deck (personaly I hate it when people do net deck & don't come up with their own ideas for a deck).

LV, he said before GG. Also, net-decks and archetypes are 2 very different things. And I can tell you for a fact not everyone netdecked. (Very few people, I would've thought.)

I'm not sure. Kricketune, Inferncatty, Blissey variants I guess. Oh, and Flygon EX. That dominated in Australia for a while. Or at least my area.

Yeah, stuff has a tendancy to do that in Australia...

*cough* Kingdra *cough*

Infercatty didn't get good before MD, imo. T2 Kricketune never impressed me either. I liked Nidoqueen d, so I'll vote for other for now.

In the HP-MT format, Blissey was the best, followed by Mario and Kingdra Ex D swarm.

DuskQueen was amazing, yet so underrated. Probably not the best, but I really liked it.

i would say blissy as it won every BR before SW.

There were cities before SW?

BR - HP-MT
CC - HP-SW
SC - HP-GE
BR - HP-MD

That was last format...

I loved Flygon 'delta' EX

speaking of 06-07, it was eeveelutions and flygons, not metanite and g&g. Fail, Elsa, Fail.

Light Venusaur said:

I was the only person who didn't net-deck (personaly I hate it when people do net deck & don't come up with their own ideas for a deck).

Actually you are wrong on both counts. Flygon ex was huge here and won our nationals in 06. In fact i remember alot of flygon ex decks and it was also 1 of the hardest cards to get off people. As well as winning nationals it won countless other tournaments through out the year.

And you were the only person who did not net deck. care to follow up that rather flamboyant comment with any proof. I bet i can find find at least 100 people in australia who play pokemon that will prove that you are a liar

Infernape was big. But it couldn't survive a blissey donk. And how fast blisseys come back after you flare up something {remember there was only the useless DP infernape so they relied on the lvx a lot.} T2 blissey or other variants like blisscatty or blissvire was really famous.

Devastator said:
Light Venusaur said:

Actually you are wrong on both counts. Flygon ex was huge here and won our nationals in 06. In fact I remember alot of flygon ex decks and it was also 1 of the hardest cards to get off people. As well as winning nationals it won countless other tournaments through out the year.

And you were the only person who did not net deck. care to follow up that rather flamboyant comment with any proof. I bet I can find find at least 100 people in australia who play pokemon that will prove that you are a liar

Yes, I can back-up my claim.
PikaFlash: Metanite (with a Flygon tech)
Grinbag: Flygon
Grinkid: G&G
Jade:: Raieggs/Flyon/G&G/Rgon
Crystal Suicune: Eeveelutions (not bagging it out)
Matt Morrell: Mew ex & Speedrill (06/07)
Silent Swordsman: Rgon
Fried Blaziken: Rgon
Dark Houndoom: Bandoom, Pikachu *-Flyqueen (Flygon Ex d')
Flyzard: well, just look at the name

so some people played flygon. can you prove they actually netdecked as you have posted. i don't think you can. also i was wrong. flygon won nationals in 07. deoxys won in 06. also how did grinkid play GG in 07. those cards were not available then.

lastly what was i playing in 07 seeing you seem to know what everyone was using. i am dying to find out how wrong you are going to be

Elsa
you are yet again. wrong.

Speaking of 07 season:
PikaFlash: Metanite (with a Flygon tech)
Grinbag: Flygon
Grinkid: Arcanine/Eeveelutions
Jade:: Rgon
Crystal Suicune: Lati@s
Silent Swordsman: Rgon
Fried Blaziken: Rgon
Dark Houndoom: Bandoom,
Pikachu * -Flyqueen (Flygon Ex d')
Flyzard: well, just look at the name
Lionheart: Absol Eeveelutions EX
Fruityman: Hariyama Eeveelutions EX

So out of all of them, most of them plays Flygons and to be honest only one group of people actually netdecked, was the winning team - Team Xtreme (Sam, Sean, Aaron and Jade).

AND MIND YOU, Out of 52 players, 31 of them played Flygons but about 8 of them played decks solely based on Flygons...

empoleon with cessation crystal. this stops all other options.(i know flygon ex has 150hp so i added plus power

Back