A legitimate complaint about the chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krucifier

Arr! Avast!
Before we start, I am not complaining because I am banned, oh no. Far from it. These are issues that HAD to be addressed, whether I got banned from it or not. (Which I did -_-). And unlike other complaints, this is LEGITIMATE. This is not a "omg my bro hack me n y i get ban?" or "i hat u personx from chat" thread. This is a SERIOUS problem.

Anywho. On with the 'rant'.

The chat room is PATHETIC. There are a HEAP of Ops. Miles, Satoshi-kun, Cute-mew, Kevin_Garrett, Noobnerd, DRK176, Porygon, PMJ, and rarely, WPM, that look after the chat. That might seem like a lot, and why yes, I agree, that IS ALOT of Ops, but they scarcely come online and usually when they are they are not there half the time. Satoshi-kun and Miles are on 24/7. Why that is great and all, in fact, Satoshi will almost usually come when you "Name Alert" him. Other than that there is NOBODY watching over the chat.

So you get random people who come online and cause havoc, or even REGULAR members who cause havoc, and it gets to the point of an all out war, and when Op finally comes on it is far too late and the punishments are far more severe. There SHOULD be Ops there to STOP things from ESCALATING to the point of an ALL OUT WAR.

For example, I just got what seems to be a permanent ban from the chat because Muffins, a Strategist here on the forum, came in and accused me of doing "it" with animals. Specifically Horses. I got annoyed and a "war" began. After about what, 45 minutes, an Op comes on and bans me. And from what I am aware Muffins got off scott free.

The problem with the chat room? The Ops are not there 90% of the time. Leaving it open for random people to come in and spark wars which lead to lengthy bans from the chat room. Which should not be happening in the first place. There should be Ops there to defuse the situation BEFORE it gets out of hand.

So how can this be fixed? Well this would not be a legitimate complaint if I did not offer solutions. Getting more Ops or telling the current Ops to...Be more active...Who knows. You figure something out. Needless to say if my ban ever gets lifted, I will not be returning to a chat room that has no control at all.

I have nothing against any of the Ops, and it is not like me to hold grudges. So I will not. But you guys seriously need to tighten up and not just be an Op just so you can say you are an Op.

When I am there, I am active. I kill people who misbehave.

I can't speak for anyone else.

I just went back to the Chatroom yesterday for a while. PMJ was there, and he was rather active, and bored, I guess. Miles was "Miles|Away" or something and I don't know about Satoshi. :/ Not too sure, really. Must be the timezones and all. SN is/should be the only one having powers in the Asian timezone.

PMJ is the only Op that does his job too be honest. No offence to the other Ops but you are biased, when you are on, that is. =/

Eh, SNN kicks me at the slightest thing, PMJ does his thing, c-m, comes in for awhile, talks a bit and mysteriously disappears, then re-appears, I've seen S-k do things once, I've never seen Miles kick/ban, but he talks a bit, KG and I rarely come in the same time, DRK176 also does things, but IIRC, I've never seen him kick, same as Porygon and WPM...well, he always comes on when I'm about to go to tutiuon, so, maybe we need a new OP/OPs.

Blazing_Monkey said:
KG and I rarely come in the same time

I am online and active during most of the United States daytime. If you live in Europe, Asia, or elsewhere, that could explain why you never see me.

Bu the way, Krucifier, your statement of the chatroom being open to spammers 90% of the time is completely false. If I am on 6 hours a day, then the chatroom is only open to spammers 75% of the time. When factoring in the other OPs time online, it is considerably less.

KG, I think 90% was figurative language.... Not to mention, all though sometimes you're logged on, you're not actually observing the chat room.

No, what he meant is 90% of the time he was online...

The problem with this is that we have no proof Krucifer is telling the truth. Maybe he did deserve to be banned. Anyone who took part in the conversation should speak up now so we know the truth!

The ops are always on, its just that they have other life than watching infantile arguments from random insulters. In the nicest way, its a bit babyish of you to get inot an argument because someone through a rather pathetic insult at you. Just ignore them and know they made a pathetic lame insult that isn't funn, insulting, true, or mean anyway. Its just weird. Don't take offence.

I was there. I witnessed everything Muffins said. Krucifier's rant is justified.

There was also an outburst from DukeFireBird, but I don't believe he got banned for it.

As for Muffins, Krucifier, he was banned, just 45 minutes too late...

Shawn out.

Cloud and DRK was online like 3years ago.
I used to get kicked by Cloud and Drk helped me with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Well, there have been some problems with some PBGuests coming on, causing chaos, like sending horribly inappropriate PMs to everyone, and basically just being a pain in the neck. I am not saying this for all guests, there has just been an increasing amount lately of trouble makers. I am not saying the OPs don't do their job, it's just sometimes they come a little late and the problem has in fact gotten worse. Not all the time, just sometimes.

CCloud =F said:
I was there. I witnessed everything Muffins said. Krucifier's rant is justified.

There was also an outburst from DukeFireBird, but I don't believe he got banned for it.

As for Muffins, Krucifier, he was banned, just 45 minutes too late...

Shawn out.

Thank you, CCloud.

And for all you saying that this all sparked over an "ignorant" insult and I should have ignored it...HAH. Let me quote what this all started from, and of course, I will censor the bad word;

Muffins said:
Krucifier has *** with Horses.

Hmmm? Now you see?

He should have been BANNED on site for that remark. Instead it lead to a 45 minute flame war leaving me getting banned.

This is why I don't go to the chat room and also because it has a chance of giving you a virus too.:)

Kevin Garrett said:
Blazing_Monkey said:
KG and I rarely come in the same time

I am online and active during most of the United States daytime. If you live in Europe, Asia, or elsewhere, that could explain why you never see me.

Bu the way, Krucifier, your statement of the chatroom being open to spammers 90% of the time is completely false. If I am on 6 hours a day, then the chatroom is only open to spammers 75% of the time. When factoring in the other OPs time online, it is considerably less.

I know, what I mean is that we don't come on at the same time musch, but I know you come on everyday. :]

xxashxx said:
This is why I don't go to the chat room and also because it has a chance of giving you a virus too.:)

The chatroom doesn't lead to chances of getting a virus unless you did/do ever accept any files that are not known.

As for the chatroom thing, it may be just your timing. If it's anything, I agree that Muffins should get the full permaban and you don't, unless you did say something bad as well.

ArmaldoEX said:
xxashxx said:

The chatroom doesn't lead to chances of getting a virus unless you did/do ever accept any files that are not known.

As for the chatroom thing, it may be just your timing. If it's anything, I agree that Muffins should get the full permaban and you don't, unless you did say something bad as well.

No, well it was Muffins who started the arguement and brought it up.

I am not trying to get unbanned. I deserve a ban. The whole point of this is to stop this from happening in the future to other people.

Muffins was in fact given a permanent ban in the chat shortly after Krucifier's ban was given. I was in the process of reading the chat logs to figure out what had happened.

DukeFireBird was not banned because he does not have a past history of this happening very much at all. You were banned because I had asked you many times before not to act that way in the chat and you continued during this particular outburst.

Normally, I have a nick alert in place in the chatroom in case something comes up. However, I happened to be away for about 10 minutes, and nobody else was around. The reality is that there will not always be someone there to watch over the chat. The fact of the matter is, at one point or another, there will be times where we cannot watch over what is going on in the chat. All we can do is to try to do the best we can to watch the chat as much as possible and still be able to live our lives outside of the Internet normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back