A Gatr Team

Is my team weather Proof?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
Well, SA's recomendation did have a point....
With yours the thing is, I have Ferro....
Rain = Ferro's halloween.
He has no issue beating rain

MrGatr said:
I think SA has it covered...
If the amazing Bippa seconds the idea, I think I'll take that one.
Thanks for the suggestions though

What is the set?

Jirachi@Leftovers
Bold Nature ( my own opinion since it helps against physical hits as well )
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
Body Slam
Iron Head
Wish
Protect

Jirachi will have a 60% chance of causing paralysis with Body Slam. This allows you to not need to put in Speed EVs unless you really want to. Iron Head has a 60% chance of causing the opponent to flinch and could hax opponent's to death occasionally. Wish is great support for the entire team since it will restore 202 HP. Protect is used to ensure you get the HP boost from Wish or to scout the opponent.

Ferrothorn you'll want to update its EVs. I'm not sure why you are running Speed EVs on it since its Base Speed is so low. Focus them into HP and Defenses so it can take hits better.
P.S. You'll want to update your descriptions since Gliscor doesn't became evasive with its current ability.

o_O I totally forgot about them...
I looked back at the original team, and the original RMT that I used to get the idea, and I noiced that Ferro had 252 speed...
I lol it now

Thanks I will add him after school, and finish updating

I just want to comment on your poll and I'll give a larger rate for the team later when I get some more time.

I don't beileve a team can ever be fully Weather proof. A team can take out all the weather teams yes but, resisting them I dont think is possible and if it is it is very rare to see. Your team looks like it can be ripped to shreds by a almost standard rain team with the looks of, Politoed/Latios/Virizion all together can pretty much dominate this team. I'll explain why in a later post, but if you play smart this shouldnt happen. So I'll give you a explanation in the next few days.

- R-C

I'm no genius here but wouldn't adding some Spore using pokemon in to cripple vital pokemon help out since you can get a few turns of set-up? Thunder Wave, one of my fave status moves, would work out here too. The more you slow down a pokemon the more chances you get of setting up for a big finish with a boosting sweeper like Dragon Dance Haxorus or Swords Dance Lucario.

Ok, there is like 32 million problems with your post Omega!
1. Did you look a the team
2. I don't need it
3. Why do I need it...
4. Just why did you suggest spore?

Thanks R_C

Since Spore can put to sleep pokemon for a few turns you could add in a Dream Eater pokemon to dispose of pests like Machamp or Conkeldurr who both are a threat to a couple pokemon on the team. Ferrothorn and Heatran will be killed by either DynamicPunch or Drain Punch. Thunder Wave can slow down faster threats like Infernape or Gengar so you can get a chance of them not attacking and a couple chances to set up say Stealth Rock and Spikes. Next I would say a pokemon like Genagr who has great Speed and Special Attack would make a great option since it can learn two attack helath recovery moves: Giga Drain and Dream Eater, pair them up with a Spore user and you can cripple serious threats like Latias and Latios.

Omega_74, I don't mean to mini-mod but you may want to check up on competitive battling a bit. First off, there is something called Sleep Clause, which means you are only allowed to put one Pokemon on the opponent's team to sleep at a time. Therefore, whenever you use Spore, the opponent will just switch out and leave that one Pokemon asleep until your Spore user is dead. Therefore, Dream Eater is an awful move competitively that you should never use or suggest to anyone, ever. Giga Drain's lack of power, STAB, or good offesnive typing makes it an awful choice for Gengar as well.

As for feedback on the actual team, I would suggest switching your Salamence's attack and Special Attack EVs. It seems to me like it is mainly a physical attacker with Fire Blast for Skarm, Forretress, and Ferrothorn so it seems like it would make sense to EV it in attack since Steels will be harmed greatly by Fire Blast anyway. Next, is it just me or does your Ferrothorn have special attack EVs? Ew. You may want to try something like this (keep in mind this is copied from Smogon): 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD.

^Thanks :D

@Omega...
Dude, this is a Pokemon Online RMT not an In-Game RMT . So spore would be the most worthless move on earth.

@my mence
Thanks, I actually just noticed that. Thanks, I guess SL didn't see that.

You never told me your Salamence's particular EV spread, so I wouldn't have known that you needed a different set. I also suggested that you use Dragon Dance/Fire Blast/Earthquake/Outrage, which would be a much more effective mixed set. You can easily find the EV's on Smogon, but I'll list them for you if you'd like me to.

^I got them, sorry, I looked back at the message, and I think I even gave you the wrong set...
I'm way out as far as mentally goes

Latias with LO? You should either run Leftovers or run Latios. You mention that she's supposed to get in, do damage, and get out. That defeats the point of Calm Mind. Calm Mind is for setting up and having the bulk and power to stay in. You also run more offensive EVs, so I'd recommend running Latios instead.

Bulldoze and Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn is a no. Bulldoze lowers Speed, Gyro Ball gets its power from being slower than the opponent. I'd recommend running SR over either Bulldoze or Gyro Ball. You have no hazards at all, and would really appreciate doing damage to Flying/Fire/Bug/Ice/IfeellikeI'mforgettingatype Pokemon each time they switch in.

I've made suggestions to this team like twice, so I'll give you some notes for now -

* Run Stealth Rock over Flame Charge on Heatran. This team would definitely appreciate the extra hazards, and using Flame Charge to set up early game is usually a bad idea.
* How is Reuniclus going to counter ANY Ghost type when the only offensive move it has is Focus blast? It's like you're asking for Sub Gengar to set up on you. Try Psychic over Focus Blast, or better yet, just use the standard CM/Recover version.
* Use 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD EV's on Ferrothorn, and substitute Bulldoze with Spikes. Ferro shouldn't waste any EV's on Attack.

Congrats on the team's popularity, and good luck with future teams.

@Cinersa;
I need a defensive type for the team, without her, my team really just doesn't look/feel/work as I have wanted it to in the past...
I forgot about surf, and noticed that I needed a water move, so I added that.

@Daft Punk
Sorry, I've been really busy, and not updating this that much, thanks I got your recommendations in, I hope the team works a little better now.

Thanks, I have seen teams that look kinda like this on other servers after I posted this...
I hope I'll have good luck on my side for my next team that I make, and RMT :D

You want her to be defensive, and yet you run LO and more offensive moves? That's pretty pointless on Latias. If you want her to be defensive then I'd suggest running CM/Dragon Pulse/Recover/Roar and lefties. This lets you boost your already high Special Defense in addition to phasing out common checks like Heatran and Tyranitar. If you want to keep running LO and offensive moves, you really will be better off with Latios who makes better use of the power than Latias does. Latias is better at Latios as a defensive Pokemon, but Latios is better at being an offensive Pokemon than Latias, which is what you're doing.

Heatran without a Fire move? That completely defeats the point of being Heatran. You'll find Pokemon you used to scare away like Scizor, Jirachi, and Ferrothorn laughing in your face and setting up hazards/boosts/status on you. I recommend changing your moveset to SR/Fire Blast/Earth Power/HP Ice. Sure you won't hit Waters as hard, but at least you do the job that Heatran is supposed to do. Or you could give Ferrothorn SR over Spikes and give Heatran Fire Blast over SR. You'll lose out on some hazard damage, but you'll still keep the great coverage, and it's far better than what you currently have

It looks to me that your team gets pretty much destroyed by standard Gengar and Tornadus. This can be easily fixed by substituting Reuniclus for standard specially bulky Jirachi, but with Fire or Ice Punch over Protect in order to have a move to hurt SubDisable Gengar once it Disables Iron Head. Fire Punch is good for hitting opposing Jirachi, Magnezone, and Ferrothorn who does more damage to you with Iron Thorns than you do to it with Iron Head. Ice Punch is good for Gliscor, who is commonly used to check Jirachi. Reuniclus doesn't seem to be doing too much besides burning one Pokemon per match, while Jirachi can provide great Parahax support to your team and actually wall significant threats.

^Thanks, I just don't wanna take out Reunclunis, he's actually really good (If you know how to use him

You want an offensive Latias? Here, try this set.

move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Surf
move 3: Recover
move 4: Hidden Power Fire
item: Life Orb
nature: Modest
evs: 152 HP / 168 SpA / 188 Spe

This set shines at breaking the common Rotom-W/Scizor cores. On the expected Volt Switch to CB Scizor, throw out a HP Fire and watch Scizor cry. The set also outspeeds Naive Landorus, and hammer it with Surf.

Some damage calcs:

Adamant +2 LO Lucario Extremespeed: 71-84%
Choice Scarf Landorus U-turn: 48-57%
Choice Scarf Terrakion X-Scissor: 57-67%

LO Latias Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 136 SpD Conkeldurr - 85-101% (43.75% chance to OHKO with SR)
LO Latias Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor (SD Glisc) - 89-105% (100% OHKO with SR)
LO Latias Draco Meteor vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W - 96-114% (100% OHKO with SR)
LO Latias Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor - 43-51%, 65-76% (Rain)
LO Latias Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor - 48-57%
LO Latias HP Fire vs. 252 HP / 248 SpD Ferrothorn - 68-80%
LO Latias Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terakion - 92.5-108% (87.5% chance to OHKO with SR)
LO Latias Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory - 50-59% (100% 2HKO with SR)
LO Latias HP Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory - 73-86%
LO Latias Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD+ Skarmory - 67-79%

What this set really struggles with is Jirachi, but Gliscor should be able to handle Jirachi.

Back