Writing A Dragon Adventure (Chapter 2)

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
I will introduce the characters:

Ozzy is a dragon. She's a brown dragon that wears a purple shirt and green shorts. Ozzy also has black hair. (which is a bit strange, considering dragons don't have hair) She has a long tail.

Draclon is a red dragon that has a little of that spicy flavor. He wears a forest-green shirt and a black pair of pants.

Jake is a water dragon, being blue with a dark red shirt. Actually, he has no legs. Jake does have arms and webbed claws.

So that's all. I will begin.

Chapter One: The Legendary Tale

Inside her cave, Ozzy the dragon is waking up. She yawns, then gets up. Ozzy starts to walk outside into the tundra.

"Boo!" Draclon jumped out of the side of the cave. Ozzy fell on the ground.

"That wasn't funny, Flame!" Ozzy said. She sometimes called Draclon "Flame". Ozzy got up and dusted herself.

Draclon laughed. "You should have seen the look on your face!" he said. Then Draclon ran outside, but he slammed hard into a cactus. He fell down. "Ouch!"

Ozzy ran to Draclon's location. She began to pick the prickles off. "Are you okay?" Ozzy asked.

Draclon's nostrils began to flare. "No." he hissed.

After a while, Ozzy finally picked off the last prickle. "Now hurry. We're late." she calmly said.

"Hup, hup, hup! I'm hurrying already!" Draclon was motioning for Ozzy to run as Draclon ran to Jake's pond. Ozzy followed.

Finally, they arrived at Jake's pond. Jake was swimming in the pond. His head popped out of the water. "You're late." Jake said.

Ozzy was panting. "Sorry, but Flame here slammed into a cactus." she said.

"It wasn't my fault!" Draclon shouted. Then they heard a rumbling sound. "Uh, what?" Draclon asked as he looked up.

It was a dragonish shadow flying overhead.

"Oh, that's a- uh oh." Ozzy gasped. "Run for your life!" Ozzy panicked, waving her arms around in the air as she dived into the pond, slapping Draclon with her long tail.

"Luck, it's only a griffin!" Draclon shouted. He sometimes calls Ozzy "Lucky".

Ozzy sputtered. "What in the world?" She walked out of the pond. "What in the world were we talking about?" Ozzy coughed.

Jake shot the gruffin a glare. The griffin flew south, and landed at where Ozzy and Draclon was.

"Gruff, tell them about that legend." Jake said to the griffin.

"Gruff! Fine. It's about a haunted house. It lies in dense fog. It's at a island among the Dracion Seas." the griffin grunted. "Heard it was evil. Had something to do with the..."

"...'the' WHAT?" Draclon said.

"T-t-t-t-the E-e-e-e-e-eon!" the griffin shuddered. It flew away, trembling with fright.

"The Eon?" Ozzy asked.

Jake shrugged. "Anyway, let's go search for that island!" he said.

Draclon groaned. He did not want to be in a ship or on a water dragon. Ozzy also wasn't fond of the sea. Her fear was of depths. Ozzy hung her head low.

"Oh, cheer up, we'll be flying, not swimming." Jake assured. Both the dragons perked up right away. They had no wings, considering the adult dragons had wings. And they really wanted to fly.

'Great," Jake said. "You'll go!" Jake looked nervously at the pond, unsure if the land dragons would swim into the pond. "Only one problem is, we need to go through the pond to reach the fliers..." Jake nervously said.

Both the land dragons groaned. Ozzy groaned louder, because she had a long tail. Ozzy knew she wouldn't swim well with her tail. "But Jake, I'm not exactly a good swimmer...." Ozzy said, pointing to her tail. Jake agreed. Ozzy woudn't swim well with her tail. Besides, a enemy could grab her tail and she'd drown.

Jake sighed. "Ozzy, do you really want to walk all the way to the fliers' home?" he said. Ozzy appeared to consider this. "No." Ozzy said.

"Line up! I'm tired of standing here! My legs hurt!" Draclon complained.

The trio lined up near the pond's edge. Ozzy shuddered. They counted.

"Three..."

"...two..."

"....ONE!"

"Go!" They dived into the pond. Ozzy did the dog's waddle, and she kept slowing down.

Jake gurgled. "Dragons, think loud so we can hear you!" he said. Then he kept swimming.

Draclon tried to think loud. "There's a tunnel up ahead!" he tried to think. Considering the pond was clean, they could see what was happening around them.

Jake saw that the dragons were running out of air. Jake stopped at the tunnel and thought. "Everyone, gulp in bubbles so you won't drown!"

Draclon and Ozzy quickly went to a clam that was puffing out large bubbles. Ozzy went first. She gulped in a huge bubble. "Ah, that feels good!" she thought.

Draclon went in a huge bubble that was big enough for him to get into. "Ha! C'mon into another bubble, Ozzy!" he said. Ozzy quickly went into another bubble, but it popped. She decided to just put on a bubble helmet. As soon as she did, Jake motioned for them to hurry up. Ozzy and Draclon hurriedly swam inside the tunnel. It was dark, but they could see a light coming up. Ozzy had a hard time catching up with them.

Jake looked at the eerie light. "What a strange light." he thought.

Finally they were out of the tunnel. But now the yellow light was shining bright. They were in a cave! Ozzy's bubble and Draclon's bubble popped because they were no longer underwater.

Jake looked at the light. Ozzy looked curiously at it. Draclon looked at the light. It was so eerie. Ozzy touched the light. She began to vanish! Jake and Draclon were worried. Jake grabbed Ozzy's tail and tried to pull it, but he couldn't.

Draclon looked at Jake. "Water, you're vanishing!" he warned Jake. His friends called him Water sometimes. Draclon ran and tried to pull Jake. But he vanished instantly, and the other dragons vanished, along with him.

The trio found themselves on a island. It also had a haunted house. This was the island from the legend!

Ozzy moaned as she tried to wake up. "Where am I? How did I get here?" she woozily said. Ozzy felt dizzy. "Better get some sleep... no! I must find the others!" she struggled to get up. Ozzy realized she was on a beach. She groaned and... tried... to get up.... but it was useless. Ozzy fell back into darkness.

Jake had washed up on a shore. He grunted as the water splashed him in the face. Jake woke up. "Unngh! What...? Where am I?" he tried to get up.

That's it! I will reveal more chapters as I post. For now... please give advice so I can improve my stories! ;)

By the way, this chapter has 1,007 words. :)

RE: A Dragon Adventure

Well, getting the few things that stand out first, please don't make an introduction of characters in stories. This is not a roleplay, where a profile is used to keep track of the information about each character. Rather, you should incorporate the information from the introduction into the story itself. Also, what exactly is a gruffin?

A gruffin has the body of a lion, and the head/wings of a eagle. I'm sorry. This is my first story, so I didn't know if I should have introduced the characters in the story or introduce them first, then tell the story. But thanks for the advice! In the next chapter, I'll introduce a character inside the story instead of introducing it first, then tell the story. ;)

Actually, you mean "griffin," LPG. Gruffin is a mispelling, but I thought of griffin right away when I read it.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't notice that mistake. I'l change it right away. Thanks for noticing the misspelling. ;)

I'll post the next chapter if two weeks (or less) has passed by. :)

I was suspecting you meant griffin, but I wanted to confirm it before making the assertion. But yes, writers of fiction don't have introductions before the story (and if there are exceptions, I don't know of them).

Okay, I think it's been a week since I posted the first chapter. Time to post the second one! Enjoy. ;)

Chapter Two: The Unthinkable

As he struggled to get up, Jake realized that something was wrong. Horribly wrong.

He couldn't move at all! Only Jake's head could move.

But there was nothing holding him on the ground. Jake shouted for help.

"HELP ME-!"

Jake's cry was muffled by something.

Meanwhile, Ozzy was still struggling to wake up. In the darkness, she saw a bright light appear out of nowhere.

"Help! I can't move!"

It was Jake's voice! Ozzy suddenly snapped awake and got up. She knew she had to recuse Jake. Ozzy tried to look at the eastern side of the shore. There was something going on to her right. Ozzy ran to the east until she found Jake. "Oh, no..." It was worse than she had thought.

Suddenly, something lashed out at Ozzy! It knocked down Ozzy, then left. Ozzy fainted.

Meanwhile, somewhere on the island, Draclon woke up, seeing a little red dragon staring at him. "Get off me..." Draclon said, getting up. The little dragon fell off Draclon.

It began to walk away. A few seconds later, it stopped and looked at Draclon impaiently.

Draclon realized that it wanted him to follow it. Draclon walked a few paces. The little dragon walked into a path. Draclon followed.

A few moments later, Draclon and the little dragon found Ozzy and Jake. Draclon gasped. "Luck and Water!" He walked closer. They seemed to have been hit by something...

Draclon wasn't afraid to yell "WHO HIT THEM?!", but the red dragon stopped him by flying to his face level and shushing him. It could sense a evil aura around them. If Draclon shouted again, they would be in big trouble.

"WHO HIT-" Draclon began to say, but the moment the words escaped his mouth, all he could see was blackness around him. Draclon cried, and the result was a echo. He felt nothing under his feet.

As he fell, the sounds echoing through the darkness became more and more dreadful. All Draclon could do was keep falling. Finally, after hours of fighting the urge to sleep, he couldn't resist. Draclon fell asleep.

Meanwhile, the little dragon was also falling, shocked by the darkness around him. He could feel the sharp blade of darkness cut through him.

After a few days of lying around unaware of what was happening around the foursome, the group woke up. They were in a great agony of unbearable pain.

"Ohh... it hurts..." Ozzy moaned as she tried to get up.

"Yes... I can't remember what happened to us that caused this pain." Jake said as he ached.

"This has to be the worst day of my life!" Draclon complained as he looked around. "By the way, where are we?"

Ozzy and the others looked around. They were in a very dim... place. It was too dark to identify. Ozzy groaned. "I think we're trapped here..."

Jake agreed. He groaned, and his head fell on the ground.

Draclon, in his weakened state, was extremely tired. He fell asleep.

The trio of dragons, along with the little red dragon, couldn't manage to wake up.

Would they survive? Would they be able to recover and get out of this eerie place?

A few days after they tried to wake up, the group found themselves without the others.

---

Jake found himself with the red dragon, trapped in a locked closet. Jake pounded on the door. "Let us out! Let us out!"

The little red dragon hovered up to the knob. He grabbed the knob and pulled it open.

"Oops... Guess I didn't think of that..." Jake blushed. Now what? Jake looked around. The room was a terrible mess. Full of clothes, up to the ceiling, on the floors... where would they even begin to escape? Even if they could manage through the mess, they'd end up trapped in a corner.

Jake groaned. "Oh, no..." He began to dig through the mess, but Jake found a dirty pair of underwear. "Ew! I'd rather swim through messy water than this!" Jake threw the under wear.

The red dragon fled to the wall of clothes, toys, etc. and simply breathed fire, and burned the entire room. Nothing was left but walls. Nothing but the walls. There was no door! They were trapped.

Jake looked for a door. There was no doors. Jake widened his eyes in alarm. "No doors!"

---

Meanwhile, Ozzy was in a room. She found herself looking at a dragon's face.

"Are you okay?" she said. Ozzy noticed that she was a girl with long blonde hair, and she was wearing a pink shirt and jeans. Ozzy also seemed to be a brown dragon, while the other dragon was a purple dragon that seemed to have "horns" like the horned owl, only they were pointing back.

Ozzy was a little scared.

Ozzy scooted backwards a little. The dragon noticed that Ozzy was scared. "Don't worry. My name is Kartina. Nice to meet you." she said. "You can call me Kay for short."

Ozzy sighed. They could get out of this dreaded room together, but first they had to find a way. "By the way, could you get off me?" she asked.

Kartina walked back a little. "Sorry." she said.

Ozzy wondered. "Kay, why do you have that name?" she asked.

Katina worried. If Ozzy found the real reason for her name...

To answer the question, Kartina said, "I don't really know."

Ozzy looked around. The room was too foggy to see through. "By the way, where are we?"

Kartina had lived here since she was trapped, so she knew the house. "It's the scariest part, the basement. The light flickers, and you never know what's going to come out at you." she said. "This house... it has traps I don't know about. Please be careful."

Ozzy looked around. It was still foggy. "Well... why not explore?" she asked.

Kartina knew of the dangers, but she nodded. Ozzy nodded. "Good." she walked into a wall, then-

"OUCH!"

Ozzy and Kartina felt rumbling. The fog cleared, and the walls began moving. Spikes sprouted out the walls. And everyone knows that the only thing worse than getting crushed by walls is getting crushed by spikes.

Without warning, the door slammed shut! Kartina, however, knew this was going to happen. She looked up at the ceiling. Then Kartina leaped up into a hole. Her long tail hung outside the hole. She held out her claw. "Quickly, climb on my tail!" Kartina shouted.

Ozzy proceeded to climb her tail. Ozzy pulled Kartina's claw. Kartina pulled Ozzy up into the small tunnel. She was now glowing yellow! "Follow me," Kartina whispered. Ozzy did so, and the small tunnel led them to the kitchen of the haunted house.

---

Meanwhile, in the bathroom, Draclon sputtered when he woke up. He was in the bathtub, and it was full of water! Water, for one thing, was what Draclon hated. Seawater and saltwater was fine, but freshwater was NOT for Draclon.

Nostrils flaring, Dralon angrily stomped out the bathtub. What he lacked in patience, he made up for powerful flames. Hence, earning the nickname "Flame", he burned the door with his fire breath. Draclon stomped outside the doorway, but stomping was a bad idea. Without warning, the floor below him collapsed, and Draclon fell into a pit of....

...quicksand.

Draclon sank quickly into the pit when something grabbed his foot! Draclon quickly swam to the surface, but he sank into the bathroom... and the door was there!

Draclon had never been so scared in his life. Suddenly, the lights went out! Draclon felt something crawling up his leg. "Yipes! Stop!" Draclon hopped around, trying to get the thing off his leg, and then slammed into the door and blacked out.

That's it! Also, I may note that this is supposed to be based loosely off someone on Pokebeach. Kartina is Snivylover555, the little red dragon is P0KEVORTEX, and Draclon is Zade. Ozzy? I'll leave that for you to guess.

I also forgot, Jake is based on Mizublue. If Mizblue wants me to change that, I'll change it to someone else.

So.... Stay tuned! ;)

Back