• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

A deck from the future: The Night (Darkrai EX and Dragon Blade Hydreigon)

Ahiro

Aspiring Trainer
Hello,

Well, here I am with a new decklist. This decklist features two pokemons that aren’t in our format, but because I know myself I’ll forgot to post it later, I’m doing it now. Also, I want to have this decklist as better as possible.

List:

Pokémon:
3 Darkrai EX (from Dark Rush)*
3-2-3 Hydreigon (Dragon Blast, the one with the ability, with NV Deino and Zweilous)**
1-1 Musharna NV
Total: 13

Items /Supporters/Stadiums:
3 Dark Patch (Dark Rush) ****
3 Darkness Claw (Dark Rush)***
2 N
4 Junk Arm
4 Max Potion
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 PONT
4 Rare Candy
Total: 31

Energies:
6 {D}
4 {D} Special
6 {P}
Total: 16

Strategy:
Build up Darkrai EX and Hydreigon as soon as possible. For that, you have Musharna, which helps a lot with its ability (draw two cards from the top of your deck, put one in your hand and the other one sent it on top of deck again). Darkrai EX can do a lot of damage (from 120 to 130 if you attach the entire dark SP to one of them) plus 30 damage to one of the opp benched pokemon. If your opponent has something that you cannot kill with Darkrai (or something like Donphan), just send Hydreigon to do the dirty work: 140 damage will kill any Donphan or dragon (without eviolite). Also, thanks to the abilities of Darkrai EX and Hydreigon, if you have at least one darkness energy in play, all of your pokemon has no retreat cost. For countering the EX counterpart you can use max potion, you move all the energies attached to the damaged Darkrai to any healthy pokemon and then you heal it without discarding any energy card.

That’s all. Feel free to coment/suggest/critic the decklist. I know is still too soon for publish a deck with these cards (also, let me know if this isn’t the correct topic to post it).

Notes:

*Darkrai EX scan:
Darkrai EX – Darkness – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Darkness Cloak
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon with any Darkness Energy attached
to them have no Retreat cost.

{D}{D}{C} Night Spear: 90 damage. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon,
and this attack also does 30 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance
when damaging the Bench.)

Pokemon-EX Rule: When Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: {F} (x2)
Resistance: {P} (-20)
Retreat: {C}{C}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Hydreigon Scan:
Hydreigon – Dragon – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous

Ability: Dark Trance
As often as you like during your turn, you may choose one [D] Energy card attached to one
of your Pokemon and attach it to another of your Pokemon.

{P}{D}{D}{C} Dragon Blast: Discard 2 {D} Energy cards attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: {DRG} (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: {C}{C}{C}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***: Darkness Claw Scan:
Darkness Claw – Tool

Pokemon Tool: To use a Pokemon Tool, attach it to one of your Pokemon. Each Pokemon can only have 1 card attached, and the card remains attached.

The attacks of the {D} Pokemon that this card is attached to do an additional 20 damage to any Active Pokemon.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****: Dark Patch Scan:
Dark Patch – Trainer

Choose 1 Basic Darkness Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to one of your Benched Darkness-type Pokemon.

RE: A deck from the future: Darkrai EX and Dragon B. Hydreigon (it doesn't have name yet)

You definitely don't need 4 Darkrai EX. Three at most.
If you take out a Energy retrieval(4 is way too much especially with junk arm) but max out candy, I think it will be easier to get out Hydreigon

-1 Darkrai
-1 energy retrieval
+2 Rare Candy

RE: A deck from the future: Darkrai EX and Dragon B. Hydreigon (it doesn't have name yet)

yeah, i also thought that 4 were a lot, thanks for the help!

Have you seen the krookodile in dark rush? I would pair darkrai ex with him. Darkrai for early game as he does 90 which will ko most things used for setup and then once you get three prizes you switch him for the new krookodile who has an attack that is 40 times the amount of prizes taken (he also has 160 hp i believe). From there you just continue the attack from 120 to 160 to 200 to game. HIGH DMG!!!

That's what i would do as much as i do see potential for this deck :p

You might want to consider this for Darkrai

67.jpg

Darkness Claw – Tool

Pokemon Tool: To use a Pokemon Tool, attach it to one of your Pokemon. Each Pokemon can only have 1 card attached, and the card remains attached.

The attacks of the Darkness-type Pokemon that this card is attached to do an additional 20 damage to any Active Pokemon.

@scottstein001 Krookodile is a really card! i'll try to find some place for it and test it :) (I dont want to use too many stage 2, but it can work). Thanks!

@Trainerhan1 Yeah, I tought about that, and it is really nice if a dragon with eviolite appears. i'll test it out, thanks!

UPDATED DECKLIST

OK, I've tested both ideas (using Krookodile and Darkness Claw). I didnt used Krookodile in any match (i weren't able to build it). Darkness claw works great in the deck.

-1-0-1 Hydreigon (4 Deino and 4 Hydreigon were too much)
-1 Energy Retrieval (since I'm not using too many times Hydreigon's attack, 3 are more than enough)
-2 Interviewer's Questions
+2 N (IMO i didnt had too much drawing power)
+3 Darkness Claw (adds 20 damage, the ability of OHKO with Darkrai now is more effective, thanks to Trainerhan1 for the idea)

it's looking really nice. I know there's a new sableye coming out in dark rush, though i'm not sure on what the card does. sableyes in the past have worked nicely for most dark decks in the past so i wouldn't be surprised if it has some useful setup type attacks. Adding 2-3 would also decrease the chances of no basics at the beginning. IMO, 7 basics is cutting it close, but I also have never used less than 9 in a deck before so I can't really say.

Other than that, the deck is looking pretty competitive and fun so far. :D

@scottstein001 thanks a lot :) yeah, the deck is working really nice. it is fast, solid, and can do some heavy damage! about the sableye from dark rush, it is not very useful to the deck: it searchs 2 trainer cards from the discard pile and put it in your hand. it has low hp, and its almost losing a turn, and it can be easily KO. maybe as a starter (and using sage's training), but I think it will break the deck. Anyway, thanks for your oppinions! :)

RE: A deck from the futuDarkrai EX and Dragon B. Hydreigon (it doesn't have name yet)

Ahiro said:
@scottstein001 thanks a lot :) yeah, the deck is working really nice. it is fast, solid, and can do some heavy damage! about the sableye from dark rush, it is not very useful to the deck: it searchs 2 trainer cards from the discard pile and put it in your hand. it has low hp, and its almost losing a turn, and it can be easily KO. maybe as a starter (and using sage's training), but I think it will break the deck. Anyway, thanks for your oppinions! :)

Yeah, that sableye doesn't fit that nicely with the deck. I still think 7 basics might be a little low though, but I'm not sure what could be added and still improve the deck.

@scottstein001 IMO 7 basics is fine (maybe because i've been playing ZPST since emerging powers came out, since i had 11 basics, you will always want to start with zekrom or tornadus) because i know that i have great chances of starting with darkrai ex or deino (or munna, but there are low chances). i'll look if there is another basic to the deck, a starter would be great, but im trying not too add cleffa.

Why would you not run Darkness Patch in this deck? I think they'd be better than Energy Retrieval since it attaches the energy to your pokemon instead of just putting it in your hand.

@Broken Pokemon EX I really dont know, lol. And yeah, its a lot better for this deck. Thanks!

RE: A deck from the futuDarkrai EX and Dragon B. Hydreigon (it doesn't have name yet)

Broken Pokemon EX said:
Why would you not run Darkness Patch in this deck? I think they'd be better than Energy Retrieval since it attaches the energy to your pokemon instead of just putting it in your hand.

Great idea! This deck is starting to look scary good. Can't wait till dark rush comes out to give this one a try!

@scottstein believe me, the deck is working very good, the only thing that i want is to test it against a fighting type deck, since its darkrai's weakness

Ahiro said:
@scottstein believe me, the deck is working very good, the only thing that i want is to test it against a fighting type deck, since its darkrai's weakness

I guess you just need to find a donphan deck :p

tomorrow I'll test the deck against a donphan deck :) today I tested it against Mewtwo EX, and it costed a lot, but I managed to win thanks to the max potions. I still think it lacks draw power...

BUMP

Here I am, with a summary of the decks I played against:

Magnezone (Eelzone): Worked great. It was impossible to not get one Darkrai KO'd, but I ended up winning.

Donphan (emm... I think it was a Donphan + Dragons deck): I had a lot of problems trying to build up. Donphan gave me a lot of trouble, and max potions weren't enough to heal Darkrai. I lose 2 of 3 matches.

Mewtwo EX (Mewtwo + Celebi, and Mewtwo + Pachirisu and Shaymin): Worked great, Mewtwo gave me a good challenge, but I managed to won the match.

I must say the deck works very good. It is very consistent and fast. Nevermind, it needs a tech to counter Donphan. Got any ideas?

PS: sorry for my bad english xD (today I'm derpier than ever at writing in english...)

I'm with Broken Pokemon EX on his idea, you don't really run enough energy to keep at least two pokemon built up, and if you have to use Hydregion's attack, you'd have to have an energy retrieval in hand, breathing room for two turn while you put both of the dark energy back on him, and repeat, it just seems kinda sluggish. I'd find room for at least Darknes Patch.

-1 Max Potion
-1 Something
+2 Darkness Patch

On a side note, it's nice to know there's still someone who thinks dark pokemon still stand a chance in pokemon.:)

@Emopanda thanks for your opinion! I was using Dark Patch instead of Energy Retrieval, but it seems I forgot to edit the decklist? lol, my bad, I'll edit it right away.

Anyway, do you think that running Dark Patch and Energy Retrieval is a good idea? I mean, i don't use too much Hydreigon's attack.

We have to thank to Dark Rush set =P I only hope this deck will do as fine as it's doing right now

Back