93,000$ beetle

[ImpulseRayquaza]

turned into butterfly man
I was reading one of my books the other day, and it read:

Book said:
"In Japan a man bought a black diamond stag beetle for 10 million yen (93,000$), that is 80 mm, because it is very rare."

Well, not exactly. LOL. It was similar. Well, back to the point...Then I Google'd it, and I couldn't find any pictures of it. Can anyone provide me a picture?

o_O

WOW!

I thought I had a spending addiction... What type of beetle was it? Which book said this?

I'm not sure what book, and I forget the scientific name. I only remember that a Japanese man bought a stag beetle called a black diamond for 93,000$.

I clicked this thread thinking it was going to be about a rare Volkswagen Beetle. Boy, was I ever wrong.

But hey, bugs are pretty cool too.

It shows that people who are willing to shell out almost 100,000 dollars for a car have nothing better to do with that money.

You either have to have lots of disposable income or be really obsessive.

RunningWithScizors said:
I clicked this thread thinking it was going to be about a rare Volkswagen Beetle. Boy, was I ever wrong.

But hey, bugs are pretty cool too.

EXACTLY what I thought. I was wrong too.

And I agree with omahanime. He's got to have a lot of money to burn.

And to think, I have trouble paying for College, where as this guy buys multimillion dollar bugs...

Its just a hybrid beetle I found this about it: http://members.shaw.ca/andreasohrt/20.(01.27.00).html

Arceus/charizard: Thats a normal stag beetle if i'm not mistaken
And EspeonROX: thats what i was thinking too.

Is it a world record? I might've read something about this in a book before...

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
It shows that people who are willing to shell out almost 100,000 dollars for a car have nothing better to do with that money.

Um, I think you're misinterpreting the word "beetle." :p The guy didn't spend almost $100,000 on a car, he spent it on a bug.

Also, is this the beetle?

expensive-insect.jpg

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:

And it's not even a car...
It's.
A.
BEETLE!

Mr. Meep said:
Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:

Um, I think you're misinterpreting the word "beetle." :p The guy didn't spend almost $100,000 on a car, he spent it on a bug.

Also, is this the beetle?

expensive-insect.jpg

I don't think so, but if it is, I am rich!

Back