9/11 Memorial Thread

Geez I didn't see this...

It's a late reply, but my heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones.

Same here...i don't normally go into this section of the forums....

I remember being in sixth grade, and the teacher from across the hall came into my room and told my class that america was under attack. i was only 11, and went home sick and cried. While i think this thread is one of the best ever created, i feel that 9/11 is only being remembered when the anniversary is near. we never hear about it until this time of year anymore, and only the war in Iraq (Bush says it ain't a war, but america isn't Blind and dumb). I feel that we should remember this day all year round. What happened that day was horrible, and i know one day, Osama WILL pay for what he organized. there is a song by country singer Toby Keith, that says:

"American Girls and American Guys
We'll always stand up and salute
We'll always recognize
When we see Ole Glory Flying
There's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our head

My daddy served in the army
Where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard
Till the day that he died
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
To grow up and live happy
In the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love
Has fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flying in
From somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man, we lit up your world
Like the 4th of July

Hey Uncle Sam
Put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty
Started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly
And there's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom
Start ringing her bell
And itll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Ahhh Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue

Ohhh Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your @**
It's the American way

Hey Uncle Sam
Put your name at the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty
Started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly
And there's gonna be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom
Start ringing her bell
And itll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you
Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue

Uhhh Ohhh
Of the Red, White and Blue
Ohhh Ohh Oh
Of My Red, White and Blue"

Look at those words i bolded (I also censored a certain word, but i think you all know what it is). Those are the words that, whether we knew it at that time or not, we were thinking. America may be a contravercial country, but if there is one thing none of us will stand for it is someone attacking us! We entered WWII when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. We went in and didn't come out until we had won. (No offense Japan, we've made our ammends with each other, and we PokeManiacs love you!)...we went in and i know that we will not pull out of afganistan until justice is served for every family who had one of their members die in that horrific event. May we all remember, be you American, English, Canadian, Japanse, Mexican, or any other nationality that is on this sight, remember that day. Never stop thinking about it. That impacted the whole world in some way shape or form, and 9/11 is now being covered up with Iraq and we don't really know what's going on over there (I respect the troops in Iraq, don't get me wrong.)

We as Americans may be jerks at times and very cocky, we may be the heaviest country....but the reason for that is because this country is founded on the sole purpose of one major word:
FREEDOM

LadiesMan217 said:
LadiesMan217 said:
Are you guys mad to Islam?

Look, this isn't about religion, race or nationality, its about terrorism. See, now that is the problem, though, is because is was Islamic Afgans who attacked us, we as americans find ourselves seeing all islamics as terrorists, even those who were born in our country. i myself included. its not exactly the best thing in the world but can you blame us? look, i know it feels like a major BASHING but really, we're all just really hurt by what Bin Laden did to us, and that hurt isn't going to even start to heal until he is brought to justice.

Hey, Max. I feel the same about this like you. I was in the 2nd grade, and almost all the teachers in my hall were crying. When I woke up that morning, my mother was so shocked about this that she forgot about making me breakfast and me going to school. I thought it odd that my parents were up watching TV, but I had no idea that we were attacked. I want to give my prayers to the loved ones that were lost, and may God Bless Us all.

Man, I was barely born. I was 3 years old, and I remember hearing an explosion downtown. I was so scared. I can't remember much, but my mom doesn't like to talk about it...

I was in the 4th grade, it was all over the news. but it just slips by withouth me noticing anymore...

Its is sad. there are many kids here who don't remeber or weren't born yet, and not just here but in many places...newborns lost their mothers and fathers...its a sad time in not just the USA's history, but the whole world's.....mods, i know this is kinda weird, but maybe stickie this thread so that none of us may forget? i know there is a lot of people who aren't from the USA here, but i mean, what could it hurt?

LOL I was in the 3rd grade(I'm LOL at the fact we were in all different grades) and I'll just never forget that day. It's the most vividest memory of my childhood, which is kind-of sad.

dmaster out.

when some one in my family went missing we hired a privet investigator and his brother died in 911 so i would like to have my 911 memorial post dedicated to him

Horrid. That's what the whole thing was horid. I was in first grade on a computer when I went on a news page and saw the pictures. I didn't really understand at the time but I knew something was wroung. My love and support to all the families who lost loved ones in 9/11.

Back