(7) Lots of News [12/24]

The way the box describes the game is "a new world filled with never-before-seen pokemon" is kind of funny. Isn't that how all new pokemon games work anyway...

I didn't realise Xous drew the banner. The style felt different than usual.

The monkey trio names have grown on me, and I'm starting to really like them. The box art for the two games is nothing unexpected, given the logos we saw about a month ago on the english site. However, I'm still not exactly a huge fan of them. Looking forward to hearing more!

I like the monkey names! :) Also, glad to see Call of Legends is keeping the HGSS border style.

Finally some news on Black and White! Not what I expected the names to be, but I like them. Hopefully we'll get more information soon.

~JE~

I'm a Prof. (just need to redo the test) & a TO...but I haven't got anything from TPCi.
Anyways, I'm not to keen on the Monkey's english names (asks a friend to breed them on his Jp game).

Also:
MERRY X-MAS EVERYONE

@ Shining Raikou I agree with you 100%. Even though this really isn't a HGSS set, I'm still happy their keeping the gold and silver border for the cards. The HGSS border is one of my favorites and one of the best border they ever made!

Woo France! Lol I think I've actually been to Nice before. (pronounced like 'niece', not 'nice')

TPCi has mailed out their annual holiday card to Pokemon professors, tournament organizers, and premiere tournament organizers.

It's been said that the TPCi Holiday Card is sent out to those organizers that have been very active in Pokemon. Not every Professor with points gets them this time. Otherwise, I'd have one...

Monkey names aren't bad, I suppose. They sound a little awkward now, but no surprise there. I'm sure they'll grow on me in time. Glad to hear N and Team Plasma will stay the same, at least :D

Also...I wouldn't mind an April release for Black and White. I still have my Japanese White to keep me occupied until then, and I could use a little extra time to save money for my english version. Black certainly isn't the only game I'm looking forward to next spring.

About the monkeys' English names; Panpour: it's a water-type, obviously you can pour water (or any other liquid), Pansear: it's a fire-type, and to sear is to burn, or heat up, etc., and Pansage: it's a grass-type, and sage is a spice you get from a plant.

All of these elements can easily be linked to cooking, as others before me have said, so it's almost certain that the monkeys are, indeed, themed according to the first gym in Black and White.

So, as I read the story on the elemental monkeys, I started thinking of the names for their evolutions and came up with these:

Forkey (Grass) => For (forest) and Fork + key (monkey)
Bakey (Fire) => Bake + key (monkey)
Stockey (Water) => Stock (flavoured liquid) + key (monkey)

I get the chimp's US names.

ChimPANzee.

Pan whatever for Ynappu I don't get.. but PanSEAR is to do with cooking and PanPOUR is like to pour water

I like the new names of the monkey trio

I live in the Netherlands and on the site of one of the toy/game shops over here it has a release date of March 15th and it has that date since before Black and White were released in Japan.

Does anyone else find it strange that Toy"R"US seems to know about Best Wishes already and it hasn't been annouced on Pokemon.com yet?

I don't even know a time where America had this many events coming up! The Shiny Beasts at Gamestop, and now Ash's Pikachu at Toy"R"US! That make 4 events all together in one month! This also is the first time that there is going to be events at both Gamestop and Toys"R"US at the same time!

I like the elemental monkey trio's english names, panpour, pansage, and pansear. Instead of getting 'appu' (Yanappu, Baoppu, Hiyappu) we get 'pan' which is in front of their names.

Four events in one month?

Mind=Blown.

Well technically, Suicune and Pikachu are mainly in February, but still.

Regarding the new names for the monkeys, I like them. They are a lot easier to remember than the Japanese ones. Also, their names are more punny than anyone's really pointed out.

Chimpanzee
Frying pan
And, when pan is used as a prefix, like it is here, it can refer to the members of a group.

I love the new names. I may have said this before, but they really have a grip on me. My Pansage will hopefully evolve into a Leafezee. :p

Back