50 Cards Revealed from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge,” Including Tera Pokemon, ACE SPEC, Illustration Rares!

I assume it is a mistranslation, but the wugtrio ex doesn’t have the benched weakness clause after its first attack

but I think Wugtrio needed to chose one of your opponents pokemon for each energy discarded you can choose one Pokémon more than once and does 60 or 70 to that Pokémon

A mill deck with draw support/Energy acceleration?!
(Sada & Tusk) lol

Maybe I’m insane but Incinaroar is TERRIBLE, it’s completely out classed by zard, is easy to play around Deals decent damage but nothing off the charts. Also why everybody be hating on the trio, I could low key see it In PalkDengo

With regards to Hand Clipper, you could run SIT Amoonguss, which discards your opponent's hand if it gets discarded by the effect of the opponent's cards, as a tech against it.

Metagross is not great, but Metang is a different story. It's similar to Magnezone from Astral Radiance, but a Stage 1 so better.

Raichu could be interesting. Needs more spread options to be good though.

Similar to its VGC counterpart, Wugtrio continues to disappoint.

Gengar is very interesting. Discarding energy is one thing, but no deck other than maybe Roaring Moon plays anything to counteract that effect. The ability doesn't stop Charizard or Mirage Gate or really any major form of energy acceleration, but it's still so cool to see it do what it do.

Shiftry is kinda meh. Not much use to having the first attack, sure it slows down evolution decks, but by the time you can get off that attack, everything that it's good into they're off to the races.

Don't be fooled by Feraligatr. it may seem really good on the surface, hitting for 280 ideally, but fact that it's a stage 2, can't attack multiple turns in a row, and damages itself in order to deal that big damage is enough in my mind to steer away from it.

Whimsicott has some interesting use cases. There aren't many grass types that are any good right now, despite being the simple counter to Charizard, so there aren't many good uses for healing a Grass type, but there's still more to be seen and we could get an absolutely nuts Grass deck.

Relicanth is not good right now. As far as I am aware, there are no cards with pre-evolutions that have insane attacks, so there's no real use case for it.

Incineroar seems absolutely nuts to me. It has the same effect as Trashalanche Garbodor on the brain in that your opponent won't want to bench Pokemon in order to keep that attack cost high, but what good is not having benched Pokemon if you need them in order to run efficiently? It also deals non-insignificant damage with the 240+Burn, technically dealing 260, 280 on a prayer of no switch-out and a tails.

Farigiraf is a gnarly one as well. You could hypothetically accelerate the 3 energy via Gardevoir ex while it's still a Girafarig, evolve, then start to wallop. It isn't the best attacker in the world, but stopping damage from these big Rule Box paradox Pokemon could be useful.

Roaring Moon and Koraidon make me want to believe that Ancient Box will be a thing, but only 10 extra per Ancient card isn't enough, and Koraidon only deals a max of 180. With other Ancients, it could work, but those alone aren't doing it favors.

The rest of the single prize Paradoxes don't feel like they got much going for them.

Order Box seems like a really good way to end Turn 1. Simply get 2 dead cards when you feel like your opponent wants to Iono turn 2.

Hand Clippers is another nice Hand Lock addition.

Emergency Board is nice, only a real decent thing against Tsareena ex, and we all know how mediocre that turned out to be.

Bianca leads me to believe the game designers are thinking Tsareena is going to be nuts at rotation. It's not, we still have a happy and healthy Charizard.

Eri, despite me not thinking that's that character's name in the game (I could be completely wrong), is more Hand Lock. Stall decks are eating good tonight.

Drum and Bot aren't that good. Play Prime Catcher.
Your assesment is slightly skewed sir, draw 5 as an item is fantastic, potentially better than prime catcher, bot doesn't have anything to capitalize off of it, Eri is the name, Feraligater damage to self and no attacking next turn doesn't really matter in this format because Feraligatr with more health still isn't tanking an attack from anything, Emergency Board is very niche, I agree with that, Healing and Grass are both pretty weak as grass has nothing going for it. Gengar is very weak. It has 160 damage and a mid effect. Raichu isn't strong, Hand Clippers are busted. The new paradoxes are fine, it's Iron Crown/Iron Hands that I'm worrying about.

Besides the Ace Spec cards I'm not seeing anything from this set that is going to affect the meta. These ex's seem pretty weak to me and won't be used much. Maybe some as a tech into a deck but even though I don't think so. Nothing that you would build a deck around for sure. Looks like with Paldean Fates we're getting 2 collector sets in a row. I was hoping for at least 1 or 2 new decks to appear.

Besides the Ace Spec cards I'm not seeing anything from this set that is going to affect the meta. These ex's seem pretty weak to me and won't be used much. Maybe some as a tech into a deck but even though I don't think so. Nothing that you would build a deck around for sure. Looks like with Paldean Fates we're getting 2 collector sets in a row. I was hoping for at least 1 or 2 new decks to appear.
Do not delete this post, let everyone witness your goof.

Back