50 Cards Revealed from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge,” Including Tera Pokemon, ACE SPEC, Illustration Rares!

One funky usecase of Relicanth is that it lets Giratina VStar attack with Shred instead of Lost Impact. The other is that it lets Farigiraf use the Girafarig attack. Otherwise, yeah, not much to do.

Bianca sort of helps with Gardevoir because you can hypothethically Psychic Embrace something to near death, heal it with Bianca, then attach more energy to it. However, both attackers that uses energy amount are all rotating (Zacian V and Arcana Shine Gardevoir), so it will depend if Gardy gets a replacement for them.
Scream Tail exists and is already used in Gardevoir decks

Can we get a new Chikorita or Popplio instead of other starters from their generations we've gotten more recently?? ?

I am fine with them printing a Feraligatr. He was as starved for cards as Meganium with only the benefit of getting a card more recent. Meganium is still absolutely overdue for a card. Decidueye and Incineroar have gotten quite a few more cards than Primarina has, and it is really lopsided. Primarina is definitely starved. Decidueye's card count also only reached Incineroar's count out of PLA obligation.

If they really wanted to balance it out, the starters that need more attention are Meganium, Swampert, Sceptile, Serperior, Chesnaught, Primarina and to a lesser extent Feraligatr, Torterra and Emboar. Meganium and Primarina are just the two that haven't been printed in the longest time, but the issue is bigger than that.

The ones that would need to slow down on printing to balance out are, unfortunately, the more popular pokemon, so that's probably not gonna happen. That's mainly Incineroar, Greninja, and the gen 1 trio.

Fun fact: Charizard had more cards printed gens 7-9 than all 9 of those unpopular starters I listed combined.

Do not delete this post, let everyone witness your goof.
I've got no plans to delete it. So what cards do you think are going to be meta altering cards? I did over look Iron Crown ex. That will probably become a Future based Deck that will see play but what other than that is meta altering? I just don't see this set doing nearly as much to affect the meta as day Paradox Rift or Obsidian Flames. Maybe one new Deck will come from this but so far it just doesn't seem like that many great cards to me outside of reintroducing Ace Specs like I said.

Iron Valiant hits 220 with booster, I could see Gardevoir running that as a new attacker, maybe alongside Valiant ex to hit 240 or bench snipe, Gardevoir will already want to play Cryptomaniac so there's your future supporter.

I've got no plans to delete it. So what cards do you think are going to be meta altering cards?
I mean we don't know the whole set as of yet, but so far the strongest contenders for new cards, as far as I can tell:

Flutter Mane as a Lost Box ability stopper that's synergistic with Ancient Paradox decks. We need to find out if Escape Rope gets reprinted.

Order Box, Eri, Heroic Cape and Hand Trimmer new cards for Control. We need to find out just how big a loss Echoing Horn is, and if Heroic Cape is worth running over Prime Catcher depending on control's wincon. I think it will be Prime Catcher that comes out on top.

Possibly Hand Trimmer as a meta call depending on need to cull hand size of opponents mid-game.

Friendship Poffin (Buddy Poffin, whatever it gets named) in virtually every evolution deck, especially since VIP Pass is rotating. Lost Zone will more than likely test it too for Comfey, Manaphy, and Jirachi. This is the easiest non-Ace Spec card to call being useful.

Emergency Board as a generic -1 retreat tool will pop up at some point.

Prime Catcher as the main Ace Spec that matters to competition.

Code Maniac tested as a card that could be combined with any pokemon draw engine, Electric's energy engine, or used partially as an anti-Iono card.

Mist Energy as a possible tech for Charizard combating Giratina and Roaring Moon (Though, it already has a winning matchup on Roaring Moon). Not every hand of those is gonna be able to spawn a Temple of Sinnoh, and players will probably at least think about this card as a 60th card in the deck depending on if Tina and Roaring Moon hold up into next format.

There are other cards being speculated from this reveal set, like Relicanth as a card for past evo attacks, Dudunsparce as a pivoting alternative to Bibarel, or some folks doubling down on the new baby Roaring Moon. I am way more comfortable speculating the previous cards since they seem a lot more clean-cut on which decks they get involved in, and it's moreso on whether those decks are good.

For the remaining 4 Ace Specs we know of, I don't think any of those are gonna play out that well.

I am highly doubtful Drum of Awakening is worth it for any Ancient Paradox deck that isn't focusing on Baby Koraidon, since it means you are giving up Prime Catcher. At least with Koraidon you are aiming to put as many Ancient pokemon in play, but Roaring Moon clearly doesn't want a draw-2 for an Ace Spec as an example.

With how unbalanced Stage 2 attacker design is right now, Neo Upper Energy probably should have been printed as a non-Ace Spec (in perspective of Standard; maybe Expanded breaks this?). It will only show up in decks desperate enough to run it to function, or stall decks that somehow have a plan for it and need it specifically over Prime Catcher or Heroic Cape, which I don't think that deck exists.

Master Ball is straight up not worth it. No one pokemon is gonna justify running that, especially when we have Ultra Ball in the format. It isn't ever worth it over it over Prime Catcher. Comp Search might be a slightly different story when that can search stuff like Poffin, Generator, and Colress's Experiment that have a lot of importance on a deck's setup.

There are people putting thought and hype on Reboot Pod, but without other Future support I don't see this being enough a push to make Future Para-box a competitive deck. Some folks are claiming Miraidon as an energy starter for its attack will be enough to push the deck that way, but I honestly doubt it. I think we need to wait for further support on this one.

I would have to assume the final Ace Spec is a tool as Wild Force 66/71, but who knows? Let's just wait until the last Ace Spec gets announced.

As far as new decks go, there's much to figure out from new contenders and nothing feels like a surefire good deck yet and there's plenty of work to be done to figure out what's even good. Raging Bolt has a crisis on a supporting engine between sustaining damage and hitting enough damage early. Gouging Fire has a damage problem with Charizard that people will try to patch with a tech grass attacker like Iron Leaves (which introduces inconsistency), Baby Roaring Moon likely doesn't fix Roaring Moon ex, and honestly needs to find a way to be played effectively without 2-prize pokemon in play. Future Box I am rather unconfident in without more support. Incinceroar is good on paper for efficiency, but has matchup problems and is eclipsed by Charizard ex.

Nothing's really figured out yet for new decks, and there's still packspace to go.

Here's a question, does Farigiraf Ex negate Walking Wake Ex (who has the passive: Damage from this Pokémon’s attacks is not affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon.)?

Here's a question, does Farigiraf Ex negate Walking Wake Ex (who has the passive: Damage from this Pokémon’s attacks is not affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon.)?
It does not, Walking Wake ex can hit Farigiraf ex under normal circumstances. Its ability causes it's attack to be unaffected by the "effect" of Farigiraf's ability.

Oh goodie I can attach one energy to each of my Pokemon once per game, why not attach as many energy as I have Future Pokemon to any Future Pokemon? Not giving up Master Ball for this shit

Is it possible for the sets to have 4-6 SARs? Or was 151 just a special occasion with 6? I know there are usually only 3 Pokemon SAR and 2 Trainers. However, to have a Gengar ex and not have a SAR would suck. Hopefully, there is a cool-looking Super Rare full art then.

Is it possible for the sets to have 4-6 SARs? Or was 151 just a special occasion with 6? I know there are usually only 3 Pokemon SAR and 2 Trainers. However, to have a Gengar ex and not have a SAR would suck. Hopefully, there is a cool-looking Super Rare full art then.
Temporal Forces is confirmed to have 10 SIRs, so that means 5 per set, so that most likely means the typical 3 mon 2 supporter per set.

Maybe I’m insane but Incinaroar is TERRIBLE, it’s completely out classed by zard, is easy to play around Deals decent damage but nothing off the charts. Also why everybody be hating on the trio, I could low key see it In PalkDengo
You need to simply think outside the box, my friend. Pair it with Relicanth and use SVT Litten and Torracat for your pre-stages.

The paradoxes already got the 3 spots, the missing ones should be trainers. I don't know what you mean by "Super Rare full art" but it should get a normal FA and that's it. No SIR or gold cards as those should go to Walking Wake and Iron Leaves.

I mean we don't know the whole set as of yet, but so far the strongest contenders for new cards, as far as I can tell:

Flutter Mane as a Lost Box ability stopper that's synergistic with Ancient Paradox decks. We need to find out if Escape Rope gets reprinted.

Order Box, Eri, Heroic Cape and Hand Trimmer new cards for Control. We need to find out just how big a loss Echoing Horn is, and if Heroic Cape is worth running over Prime Catcher depending on control's wincon. I think it will be Prime Catcher that comes out on top.

Possibly Hand Trimmer as a meta call depending on need to cull hand size of opponents mid-game.

Friendship Poffin (Buddy Poffin, whatever it gets named) in virtually every evolution deck, especially since VIP Pass is rotating. Lost Zone will more than likely test it too for Comfey, Manaphy, and Jirachi. This is the easiest non-Ace Spec card to call being useful.

Emergency Board as a generic -1 retreat tool will pop up at some point.

Prime Catcher as the main Ace Spec that matters to competition.

Code Maniac tested as a card that could be combined with any pokemon draw engine, Electric's energy engine, or used partially as an anti-Iono card.

Mist Energy as a possible tech for Charizard combating Giratina and Roaring Moon (Though, it already has a winning matchup on Roaring Moon). Not every hand of those is gonna be able to spawn a Temple of Sinnoh, and players will probably at least think about this card as a 60th card in the deck depending on if Tina and Roaring Moon hold up into next format.

There are other cards being speculated from this reveal set, like Relicanth as a card for past evo attacks, Dudunsparce as a pivoting alternative to Bibarel, or some folks doubling down on the new baby Roaring Moon. I am way more comfortable speculating the previous cards since they seem a lot more clean-cut on which decks they get involved in, and it's moreso on whether those decks are good.

For the remaining 4 Ace Specs we know of, I don't think any of those are gonna play out that well.

I am highly doubtful Drum of Awakening is worth it for any Ancient Paradox deck that isn't focusing on Baby Koraidon, since it means you are giving up Prime Catcher. At least with Koraidon you are aiming to put as many Ancient pokemon in play, but Roaring Moon clearly doesn't want a draw-2 for an Ace Spec as an example.

With how unbalanced Stage 2 attacker design is right now, Neo Upper Energy probably should have been printed as a non-Ace Spec (in perspective of Standard; maybe Expanded breaks this?). It will only show up in decks desperate enough to run it to function, or stall decks that somehow have a plan for it and need it specifically over Prime Catcher or Heroic Cape, which I don't think that deck exists.

Master Ball is straight up not worth it. No one pokemon is gonna justify running that, especially when we have Ultra Ball in the format. It isn't ever worth it over it over Prime Catcher. Comp Search might be a slightly different story when that can search stuff like Poffin, Generator, and Colress's Experiment that have a lot of importance on a deck's setup.

There are people putting thought and hype on Reboot Pod, but without other Future support I don't see this being enough a push to make Future Para-box a competitive deck. Some folks are claiming Miraidon as an energy starter for its attack will be enough to push the deck that way, but I honestly doubt it. I think we need to wait for further support on this one.

I would have to assume the final Ace Spec is a tool as Wild Force 66/71, but who knows? Let's just wait until the last Ace Spec gets announced.

As far as new decks go, there's much to figure out from new contenders and nothing feels like a surefire good deck yet and there's plenty of work to be done to figure out what's even good. Raging Bolt has a crisis on a supporting engine between sustaining damage and hitting enough damage early. Gouging Fire has a damage problem with Charizard that people will try to patch with a tech grass attacker like Iron Leaves (which introduces inconsistency), Baby Roaring Moon likely doesn't fix Roaring Moon ex, and honestly needs to find a way to be played effectively without 2-prize pokemon in play. Future Box I am rather unconfident in without more support. Incinceroar is good on paper for efficiency, but has matchup problems and is eclipsed by Charizard ex.

Nothing's really figured out yet for new decks, and there's still packspace to go.
If you would've read my whole comment you would've seen that I said outside of Ace Specs

Scream Tail exists and is already used in Gardevoir decks
Yes but Scream Tail counts damage counts instead of energy amount. If you Bianca a Scream Tail then it doesn't do any damage. Zacian V and Arcana Gardy counts energy attached to them. The use case for Bianca is specifically to attach Psychic Embrace into one of the two and then heal it so you can attach more energy or leave it on full health to have a 220-ish HP beatstick. They're rotating out together, so this isn''t possible.

Back