3DS Discussion Thread

zelda is an adventure game...well that is underselling it its and AMAZING adventure game. OOT is a good place to start. HECK any of them are a good place to start but OOT is considered the greatest of all of them. OOT was the first zelda game to hit the N64 and was amazing at the time and actually is still an amazing game now. its the classic story of pricess taken by evil guy but with new twists and turns. its not just bad guy wants princess and that is it. its bad guy wants kingdom and DOES get kingdom. seriously that is always the draw for me. the bad guy wins...well i guess ultimatly he doesnt but for a time he wins and it makes him that much more threatening. its well worth it guy...

Step 1: You get a sword.
Step 2: Get a cool item in a dungeon
Step 3: Beat boss in said dungeon with said item
Step 4: Repeat Steps 2 and 3 multiple times
Step 6: Beat Ganon (the main bad guy, usually)
Step 7: ???
Step 8: PROFIT!

They've been following a pretty basic formula ever since the first game in 1986. Every game is usually fantastic with OoT, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess hailed as the absolute best of the series.

That being said, OoT 3DS is an amazing game. They've totally redone the graphics and made the game look brand stanking new. The 3D is also great as well.

tl;dr: Zelda is an amazing franchise. If you have a 3DS, buy OoT. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: I know that technically every game is different. But if you strip it to the core, you do the same sort of thing in every game to proceed.

dmaster out.

hmmm we should have a LoZ descussion thread....

now the problem is...is that is an arguement against he game, that all of them are the same thing. but its always different on how you get from point A to point B. just like mario its always getting princess peach but its always a different game...

I will consider getting OoT some time, it sounds basically like a Super Mario game but they changed the name and that there are more weapons.

eeeeeehhhhh not really. think of uhhhhh well its a guy and a sword :p. its an epic adventure game that is actually quite dark and not as light hearted as mario...

dmaster said:
Step 1: You get a sword.
Step 2: Get a cool item in a dungeon
Step 3: Beat boss in said dungeon with said item
Step 4: Repeat Steps 2 and 3 multiple times
Step 6: Beat Ganon (the main bad guy, usually)
Step 7: ???
Step 8: PROFIT!

They've been following a pretty basic formula ever since the first game in 1986. Every game is usually fantastic with OoT, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess hailed as the absolute best of the series.

That being said, OoT 3DS is an amazing game. They've totally redone the graphics and made the game look brand stanking new. The 3D is also great as well.

tl;dr: Zelda is an amazing franchise. If you have a 3DS, buy OoT. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: I know that technically every game is different. But if you strip it to the core, you do the same sort of thing in every game to proceed.

dmaster out.

Spirit Tracks? It was actually better than TP IMO :/ And for being a handheld.

Anyway, for those that haven't gotten OOT, at Best Buy they have a promotion to where if you get it and another 3DS game, you get a 25 dollar gift card. Just trying to help, since it's just too good to pass up.

dmaster said:

I'd actually argue that Winder Waker tends to get more praise than Majora's Mask.

I would need to see Metacritic scores or another aggregate review website to back up both of those claims you've posted.

Repeatedly in votes for best LoZ game on various websites or best game of all time, those three have always come up (forgot ALttP as well lol). Wind Waker had a lot of controversy surrounding it, so not everyone agrees.

dmaster out.

controversy? about what? and my best are tied between wind waker and OOT... again a LoZ discussion thread should be made... and i dont want to make it atm...

i actually dont like majora's mask its way to tedious and hard. ive done the first temple 3 times and i still run out of time...maybe im just doing it wrong lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/duskmirage_blog/archive/2011/05/19/retro-review-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker.aspx

(There's many links talking about it, not just this one. Google is your friend.)

But yeah, we should get off this topic about now. I'm a little to blame at the general direction lol.

3DS.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D is coming out at the end of the month. Cave Story 3DS is coming out early August, and Star Fox 3DS is coming out in September (even though it's coming out in July for Japan -_-). Anybody excited for these releases? I am. I'm not sure if I'll pick up Resident Evil or not, but I've heard early reports that it's a good game as well as the other two.

dmaster out.

You need to download the System Update (if you haven't already). If you have, click on the Blue Globe in the top right of the bottom screen.

dmaster out.

I'm actually looking forward to Star Fox 64 3D, it'll most likely be my next 3DS game. Super Smash Brothers has really gotten me interested in the other series that Nintendo has and Fox is actually my favorite. I'll be giving it a try, and then waiting for the holidays to give their games out like crazy with Super Mario, Mario Kart, and Luigi's Mansion.

I can't wait for Cave Story 3D.

I have the DSi version.

I have the PC version w/ english patch.

I've beaten the DSi one probably around 5 times.

The PC one I haven't beaten yet. My computer is really slow and overheats.

And...it comes out a week before my birthday.

yea i know it is but i lost my dsi charger a long time ago so i always used my brother's but he doesn't have it with him right now

Back