(3) Victini Movie, Cheap Walgreens Packs, Herman Cain + Pokemon [12/5]

WPM: The movie can't be that bad unless they cropped it or something. Hope they did not but I don't think a newer Pokemon movie would be worse than the last XD.:)

I agree, the movie wasn't very good and whoever cast the voice of Zekrom should have been fired.

There weren't many Pokemon in it outside of Zekrom, Reshiram, Victini and a handful of Unova characters, I really expected more. It seemed very isolated in a similar way to the Latios/Latios film, separated and cut off from the Pokemon world at large.

I'm glad I got the chance to see it in the theaters but that was the only thing special about it, I can say I was able to see it on the big screen. :)

Congrats to the winners of the contest, if anything, the sight of Victini in the movie and the free gift pack is a prize enough for me and that Walgreeens sale sounds awesome, but sadly, I spent the last of my money on a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi :p

Jon Stewart had a funny bit at the start of his show yesterday about Herman Cain quoting the second movie. (Mild language warning.) It starts around 3:30 and ends around 6:44. Some pretty funny references to the first film and the second film. (THE SHELLDER OF KNOWLEDGE!!!)

Anyway, congratulations to the winners of the giveaway. :) The Walgreens sale sounds great, but there isn't a store anywhere near me, so I can't take advantage of it.

Just confirmed the packs are on sale in my area. $2.15 each is cheaper than you can get packs in a box online!

ajwalker said:
I agree, the movie wasn't very good and whoever cast the voice of Zekrom should have been fired.
I thought the movie was great!!! And Zekrom's voice was awesome! I think it was by far the best voice for a Pokemon yet!

Too bad I didn't win the contest :(

EDIT: On my TV guide, it says Victini and Reshiram airs at 7:30....

Is there anything to stop people from entering their names on the Cinedigm Gift Bag Page saying they went to the movie? I mean it's not like they can ask for people to send in their tickets...

sheywo said:
Is there anything to stop people from entering their names on the Cinedigm Gift Bag Page saying they went to the movie? I mean it's not like they can ask for people to send in their tickets...

Dude, don't try to cheat the system, really. :/

sheywo said:

It's impossible to do. You have to also put down which Movie Theater you attended to see the Movie, which didn't have the Gift Bags. You can't say that a Movie Theater that did get the Gift Bags, didn't get the Gifts Bags.

Seriously, of course the casting voice was terrible, your American dubbing of the anime just sucks! It's not only yours but yours in particular is really terrible... That's why I only watch the anime in Japanese...

Teeboy23 said:
It's impossible to do. You have to also put down which Movie Theater you attended to see the Movie, which didn't have the Gift Bags. You can't say that a Movie Theater that did get the Gift Bags, didn't get the Gifts Bags.

>Call theater, complain about not getting gift bags, if they didn't have them, put that theater.
>If they did, keep trying theaters. "I saw the movie on vacation over the weekend, hence why the theater was 3 states away."

Water Pokémon Master said:
Dude, don't try to cheat the system, really. :/

I wasn't going to... just saying I feel like it's going to happen. I think it's awesome that the movie was played in theaters in the first place. If I hadn't been busy all weekend (TCG Cities) I totally would have gone to support the franchise.

I can confirm that unless something pops up, I will be going to Walgreens later today. (cheap packs, here I come!)

I liked the movie. i don't know what you guys are talking about. >< I can't wait to see Black version this weekend so I can see my beloved Reshiram again :] I feel like because they've made so many movies now, they begin running out of ideas. Maybe you are right, WPM. Maybe there is something with the dragon force because I too thought the dragon force was just really random. I'm hoping they will use it in the next movie(s) to bring in Kyurem.

Like I said, I liked the movie. I thought it was decent considering the voice acting was not as bad as it usually is. You can't deny this fact. It was way better than most of the current episodes... Can you believe Damon's sister said "Victini will die!"? Wow, never thought i'd here that D word in a Pokemon movie...

I agree, I also think that there should have been more legend/focus on the dragons, as well as Victini. Like why did the king have Victini in the first place? It also bugged me the way the deerling talk. They pretty much just scream their name. Like really, that was just annoying ><

I'm just a fan trying to look at the brighter side of things. Everyone in the theatre clapped when the movie ended. And, it was just awesome to be apart of that again.

anyway, i'm going to head to walgreens soon then! cards are $3.99 here... not sure if they will be at that price at walgreens too ^^;

Also, that's awesome Hermin Cain said that :D

Metalizard said:
Seriously, of course the casting voice was terrible, your American dubbing of the anime just sucks! It's not only yours but yours in particular is really terrible... That's why I only watch the anime in Japanese...

Yes, we are aware that "our" dubbing sucks. as much as i like the original American voice actors, I think they did a decent job with the movie voice acting. Because I have heard way worse Pokemon voice acting from PUSA than what was in this movie.

Just be happy that they still do the dubbing. Even though the dubs aren't so great. without the anime in America, I doubt they would continue with the Pokemon franchise outside the video games anyway.

What, did you EXPECT the movies to be good? Even with simply minor differences, they made two movies at the same time. TWO. Doesn't matter if there were changes in the dub or anything, it's still the same movie.

Back