(3) Triumphant Images, Isshu Based Off NY, Black White Perfect Score [9/9]

I think that is a mere speculation made by people in the magazine, I seriously doubt it would be something official and I REALLY doubt it is located in new york. Why?

First of all, Japan and USA don't mix, that's why xbox doesn't work there, because they don't really love america.

Second, Isshu is a LOT more similar to shangai area in china: http://img690.imageshack.us/f/81402091424868912801.png/ and that makes A LOT more sense, since yin and yang, which Zekrom and Reshiram are based, are really important chinese culture, specially in medicine.

Obviously that phrase is just an speculation and a way to sell more copies xD

There is no doubt in my mind that Isshu is based off of NYC, specifically Manhattan. It even has Central Park.

manhattan-map.jpg

And yes, while it does also somewhat resemble Shanghai, you also have to take into account the American football players, the Native American inspired Wargle, the first true Pigeon pokemon, and the heavily changing seasons characteristic of the Northeast US.

^Nobody is saying it's confirmed yet. It's just highly likely.

Oh, and I forgot to respond to this:
@OMGxShante i don't know. they just seemed like random places....

160px-Regions_and_Prefectures_of_Japan_2.png

Kanto - Green/Light blue
Johto - Dark blue/Light blue
Hoenn - Grey
Sinnoh - Red

Obviously it doesn't match Japan exactly, but the regions do fit together to make a very close geographical model of Japan.

Pokemon_World_Map1-276x300.png

Only 102 cards? Wow. This set is will pretty much fail. This deconfirms possible shiny cards and cuts out some cards. At least the pack designs are good. It's a surprise that Electivire and Magmortar are on the booster packs even though they are relatively insignificant to the set.

Best HS sets (IMHO):

1) HS Unleashed
2) HS Undaunted
3) HeartGold & SoulSilver
4) HS Triumphant

3 Good sets, one disappointment of a set.

Woah, I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the bottom right side of this image so far.
I really want that Tsutarja plush. :)

Of course, it'd probably be insanely too expensive to actually import... If they even actually plan on selling it.

I'm not really surprised about Isshu being based on New York. Wargle kind of gives the American theme away, as well as the football players.

Yeah wargle doesn't give it away and the football players could of been from america and they came to anohter place your argument is invalid.

The perfect score is nice and all, but some of the perfect scores this magazine gave include SSBB and Bayonetta. :/

So can it be considered an accurate interpretation of the game's quality?

I wasn't exactly arguing. Just commenting on what the magazine said.
Kind of silly to brush off the American football quarterbacks as not at all pointing to it being in America imho, but I don't really think it's anything worth debating over either. It's a pokemon region, so it's just loosely based off of wherever it is based off of. It won't do any harm to believe it's in China or anywhere you want, as we're never going to get more "proof" than something like this magazine's speculation. I think it'd be cool if it was based off of China, and I think it'd be cool if it was based off of New York. Either is fine. Or even something totally different.

Anyway, Bayonetta and SSMB both got 90+ on metacritic, so I don't see why they shouldn't be considered good games (even if I didn't personally care for the former, and hardly played the latter). Famitsu's a pretty longstanding, legitimate Japanese gaming magazine as well, and has given out relatively few perfect scores. So... I'd say it's a pretty accurate representation.
Even so, more reviews will come out later. I doubt it'll get perfect scores across the board everywhere, but it'll probably get 8's and 9's most places, based on consistency with past Famitsu scoring.

102 cards? Here's hoping for Lost World to be....Cut. I can't stand that card...Ever.

I don't get it. LL is 40 cards. CatS is 80 cards + alph. Where are the other 12 he's talking about?

It won't do any harm to believe it's in China or anywhere you want, as we're never going to get more "proof" than something like this magazine's speculation.
The region's origin will likely be officially commented on in the magazine.

Actually, an interview [not Pokemon Pia] confirmed it was based on New York.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/interview/irbj/vol1/index2.html

@Ace: You forgot to mention Ocarina of Time, which was also one of the few who have received a perfect score from famitsu.

Not to mention the already-point-out fact that past pokemon games have only scored up to 37/40 in this same magazine. So if anything, you could compare past scores of past pokemon games to the current one and find that *something* must have been done right this generation.

Aside from that, thumbs-up to GF for putting a giant target on America's back (as if we didn't already have one). I love the whole idea of Isshu being based on New York, but of all countries and places to base it off of, *this* one will get the most heat for it. Right now, I see a bunch of Europeans and fans from other nations (aka not America) who complain with the overused generalization "America gets everything". To such people: you sound like some stubborn, spoiled middle-child of the family who is complaining about something equivalent to how much homework your older siblings have in comparison to you. It makes no relevance to the matter at hand, and is annoying to hear (or in this case read).

Now, if Isshu were based off of somewhere like, say, a city in Europe (which of course might or might not be very logical depending on what city it is), this would be an entirely different case. Most fans would be content with the location, and the Europeans would be shoving it in our faces like it's going out of style. I'm not saying this kind of reaction is wrong; far from it. All I'm saying is that when we "celebrate" this news in a similar, toned-down way, we get burned for it by the rest of the world. It's not like we went to GF and asked, "Since we're the all-important and powerful U.S-of-A, and deserve everything designed ever on a silver platter, might you want to design your next generation after, say, New York City?" while holding them up at gunpoint or something of the sort.

Let Americans be Americans and quit your whining. It's only a game. And if you don't want to buy BW now because of what it is based off of, good for you. It doesn't mean you have to share it with everyone else.

Ice Arceus said:
Well it seems like the Isshu region is based off of New York. There was some similarities between the cities as well as the characters represented in the game. I didn't care where the Isshu region was located. I just mostly care about the gameplay.
I agree. The different regions add a bit of flavor to game, but it is more important to keep gameplay fun. How many people play a game if it is not enjoyable?

Im just saying. They seemed really random to me.... Im not a pokemon freak to as know were each region is.... I just like the games.... I feel bad now

Back