(3) Regionals Article, D/P Anime Ending, New Zoroark Trailer [4/15]

Wow, you're right. That was a lot of news. 0_o I get brownie points though.

I noticed that too, bacon. It looks like he just likes teh Garchmop.

The trailer looks nice mainly for Zoroark's attack.

my58vw said:
Flygon Donphan is IMO not T1 this season, although we will see quite a bit of it. The other decks I agree with 100%

I hold a little responsibility for this because I wanted it in the article and I think it is a good deck that is worthy of being in the metagame. Which is the whole point of the article. I don't think it's the best deck (of course), but it is a worthy counter to Luxray, so I think it fits in nicely.

I've read the article before, so you already know I like it, Gale. XD

dmaster out.

The extended trailer was awesome - it seems like they're using a lot of final cut scenes here? For example, at this time for Movies 11 and 12, I believe they were still using filler scenes that never made it to the final product (the quality of the scenes was also different than the final product's quality). However, some of the scenes in this trailer look like they'd be in the final cut, at least judging by quality.

Of course there's the huge possibility none of what we're seeing will make it to the final cut, but it's still awesome nonetheless. :)

bacon said:
Is it just me or does the evil looking guy in the trailer have a Garchomp hairdo?

garchomp.jpg

Same shade of blue, a yellow tip like on Garchomp's nose, and it spreads out at the sides sort of like Garchomp's head. He even has the same colour eyes! I remember in the Arceus movie that those two kids at the beginning had hairstyles that matched their Pokemon, so maybe the trend is being repeated here and the antagonist of the movie is using everybody's favourite land shark. Probably reading too far into this, I just love me some speculation.

Zoroark looks awesome with the glowing eyes, and Zorua is pretty adorable lol

OMG, I noticed that this afternoon, too. Couldn't believe you beat me to post this.

well I think its all but confirmed (didn't read the manga synopsis) that Zoroark is owned by the jerk in the blimp :v

Wow a lot of movie stuff and card stuff as well. I will have to watch the trailers when I have mre time. Sounds pretty cool though.:)

Kind of sad to see DP gone. Saddest part is that means Dawn may be leaving. :(

Aw DP is ending?

Well I just hope they keep the "trio" for the next season. I really like Dawn. She's the first female main character I gravitated to

Xous said:
The extended trailer was awesome - it seems like they're using a lot of final cut scenes here? For example, at this time for Movies 11 and 12, I believe they were still using filler scenes that never made it to the final product (the quality of the scenes was also different than the final product's quality). However, some of the scenes in this trailer look like they'd be in the final cut, at least judging by quality.

Of course there's the huge possibility none of what we're seeing will make it to the final cut, but it's still awesome nonetheless. :)

Actually, I was thinking about that as I was watching the extended trailer. One part that really jumped out to me was when Zorua/Ash and everyone else is on a cliff at dawn overlooking the city. That is just about what it was like in the manga when Zorua is telling them that it wants to go save 'Ma,' but in the trailer it says it wants to go help Celebi. I have a feeling they're trying not to spoil parts of the plot still, so they may still be adding stuff that won't end up in the movie itself... or it's a scene that still happens later in the story :p I'm sure that there are quite a few scenes strewn through there that will make it to the movie, but I have a feeling not all will :p

Gale said:
What I said about 5 said:
This article is intended for beginning and casual players of the game.
If one more person comments on the lists of the article it will be ignored. Thanks to those who actually read the article and noticed the lists weren't the main POINT of it.

Gale:
Don't worry about the detractors! These lists are GREAT starting points for building good decks. Posting super winning decklists is not going to help anyone learn to build a better deck. Also, coming up with that many lists is a difficult task for anyone. Big Kudos, and keep up the good work.

Gale said:
What I said about 5 said:
This article is intended for beginning and casual players of the game.
If one more person comments on the lists of the article it will be ignored. Thanks to those who actually read the article and noticed the lists weren't the main POINT of it.

Gale i have always loved your decklists i t has always intended for beginers and has given them a starting point with the deck. Beginners take this and play with it and they learn from them and then they start to add new ideas to the deck. So dont let the bashers get u down.

I'd go with these great deck ideas, but obtaining TWO Luxrays or THREE Donphans is about as likely as winning the lottery 3 times in a row

The article said that Luxchomp was a threat to Jumpluff. It should definitely be the other way around. It is very unlikely for luxchomp to win that matchup. Also, Gyarados can beat Luxchomp, but other than that I always enjoy the article.

I realize that "posts abotu thhe lists will be ignored" but I beileve that's just because you don't want a bunch of nitpicks and disscusion over it drawing away froom the point. I get that, and 99% of what's up there, while not always standard, is viable and informative.

However, i cannot stress how TERRIBLE a play of 2 Aaron's Collection and 2 VS seeker is. Sacrificing the ability to recover off KO's with Cynthia's, navigate through Power Lock with Chatot and turn the mirror match with Lookers for those three spots would be so evident in play. While a single VS seeker may indeed have great merit here, not having Cynthia's/Lookers for it to target somewhat waters down its potency. Yes a 5th (and in this case, 6th) Cyrus CAN be nice, but you pretty much limit yourself to it with this, not to mention create 3 dead draw cards early game, which is when LuxCHomp needs to be most devestating.

Again, a well written article, and I realize the individual lists aren't the point. Just had to say it, as I had issues with the ONE Aarons popping up too early 3 times at States, and they were the 3 matches I lost. D:

Gonna be at Long beach regionals on the Queen Mary tomorrow. Hopefully we can meet up with more people from Pokebeach this time. I'll try to make an effort to show which table PB folk are gathering around, at least before the first round begins.

Lord Atmo said:
Aw DP is ending?

Well I just hope they keep the "trio" for the next season. I really like Dawn. She's the first female main character I gravitated to

Me,too!!! :(
I think Ash & Dawn're cute 2gether. I like her way better than that whiny May girl & her super igory brother Max(Man! I hate that kid). I like Pipulp so cute &

Porygon said:
Gonna be at Long beach regionals on the Queen Mary tomorrow. Hopefully we can meet up with more people from Pokebeach this time. I'll try to make an effort to show which table PokeBeach folk are gathering around, at least before the first round begins.

I was going to go, but unfortunately, my parents have seized another opportunity to hang with mah poke-buds D:<

Is it weird that I think that Zorua is Zoroark's kid or something since it said "Maaaaaa"? Or am I just very very very slow?
8D'

Back