(3) Redshark Update, Darkrai Wallpaper, Death

WPM, you have my deepest sympathies of what happened and what not (cause like everyone else, I've been through that), but this is why Livejournals exist to begin with. Why do you think Little Kuriboh doesn't post about his personal life on his main website anymore?

Make a livejournal or something and post stuff like this there, because in a Pokemon website where we're use to Pokemon news... having something like this posted is... well... a bit ackward and unusual.

I'm not saying it's unimportant or anything of the likes, and I'm not trying to say not to acknowledge what happened, but to post several paragraphs about what happened on a Pokemon website is like a news editor at EGM posting about something similar in the news section of the magazine.

(And I'm expecting to get blasted by everyone considering I'm the only one bringing this up, but if possible, try to see where I'm getting at. I'm not saying I don't care, I'm not saying it's dumb, etc. I do feel bad for him, but try to look at the bigger picture with those that DON'T comment on these boards often)

I feel your pain, man. A few years ago my Grandmother and my cat died. But they both were in their respective hospital. But at least now your Grandmother isn't feeling any pain. Good luck WPM,
Danny

Oh god. I know what that's like... When websites die I go all emo and cry for those dead websites.
Just remember, the internet isn't forever, but enjoy the time spent on it.
So far 3 websites off of the top of my head have died. LOZ the Grand Aventures (everytime I hear Zelda music, I feel like crying) I knew TGA since it was new, and what it was a popular website. It's sad seeing it go like that...
The Second one was SOST, where the guy gave up because he was behind on updating.
The Third is Shyguy Kingdom. Poor Nfinity and everyone who knew him.

This site almost died, and I really wasn't happy about it. I got banned from the serebii.net forums for calling people Douchbags.

*Sigh* I miss the good old days when the internet was more alive.

I was also upset at all the Echidna deaths in Sonic the Hedgehog, since only 10% of them are alive now! Thousands died... It was such a wasted effort to make all of those characters, and all of those archs, just to kill them all off, since there was one tribe that wanted to go to an ancient place, but it ended up getting destroyed a year later...

SeiferA said:
WPM, you have my deepest sympathies of what happened and what not (cause like everyone else, I've been through that), but this is why Livejournals exist to begin with. Why do you think Little Kuriboh doesn't post about his personal life on his main website anymore?

Make a livejournal or something and post stuff like this there, because in a Pokemon website where we're use to Pokemon news... having something like this posted is... well... a bit ackward and unusual.

I'm not saying it's unimportant or anything of the likes, and I'm not trying to say not to acknowledge what happened, but to post several paragraphs about what happened on a Pokemon website is like a news editor at EGM posting about something similar in the news section of the magazine.

(And I'm expecting to get blasted by everyone considering I'm the only one bringing this up, but if possible, try to see where I'm getting at. I'm not saying I don't care, I'm not saying it's dumb, etc. I do feel bad for him, but try to look at the bigger picture with those that DON'T comment on these boards often)

She is my grandma, this is my website. I don't need an LJ when I barely ever talk about my personal life. This affects my posting and needed to be told, and I made it personal so other people would know to appreciate the time they have with their loved ones. It also helped me release some of my sorrow since my grandma would be immortalized on the internet, though I am sure that's not easy for you or anyone else to understand.

My website, my methods, my rules. ;)

Hi, I haven't posted here in months but I've always been checking the website. I really just wanted to say that although I can't pretend to relate or even begin to imagine how I would feel if my grandmother, who helped raise me during my childhood when my parents were away busy with things, were to pass away.

I hope you get through this.

Water Pokémon Master said:
She is my grandma, this is my website. I don't need an LJ when I barely ever talk about my personal life. This affects my posting and needed to be told, and I made it personal so other people would know to appreciate the time they have with their loved ones. It also helped me release some of my sorrow since my grandma would be immortalized on the internet, though I am sure that's not easy for you or anyone else to understand.

My website, my methods, my rules. ;)

Fair enough then :p

Blob55 said:
Oh god. I know what that's like... When websites die I go all emo and cry for those dead websites.
Just remember, the internet isn't forever, but enjoy the time spent on it.
So far 3 websites off of the top of my head have died. LOZ the Grand Aventures (everytime I hear Zelda music, I feel like crying) I knew TGA since it was new, and what it was a popular website. It's sad seeing it go like that...
The Second one was SOST, where the guy gave up because he was behind on updating.
The Third is Shyguy Kingdom. Poor Nfinity and everyone who knew him.

This site almost died, and I really wasn't happy about it. I got banned from the serebii.net forums for calling people Douchbags.

*Sigh* I miss the good old days when the internet was more alive.

I was also upset at all the Echidna deaths in Sonic the Hedgehog, since only 10% of them are alive now! Thousands died... It was such a wasted effort to make all of those characters, and all of those archs, just to kill them all off, since there was one tribe that wanted to go to an ancient place, but it ended up getting destroyed a year later...

THis is his grandma. You just posted some random stuff. It almost seems like you are mocking him. (Sorry if you didn't mean to be). Anyway I'm really sorry WPM.

P.S. THe Darkrai password didn't work

i'm really sorry WPM. I haven't lost either of my grandmothers. but i am close to one of them. I call her mee maw. We don't have the normal "grandchild to grandmother" kind of relationship but more of a friend/grandmother relationship. She buys me pokemon stuff from ebay and she use to buy stuff from pokemoncenter.com when it was still open. Plus, it's cool to hang out with her. I remember when she had a heart attack a few years back...maybe about 6 or so years ago? her smoking caused it i guess and she hasn't smoked since. She is of course doing better now. I have imaged what it would be like if she were gone though. thinking about it made me start tear up a bit.
I did lose my grandpa back in november though. he was fighting cancer for a while and it went away but it appearently came back and he died. He lived in Georgia (i'm in Virginia) so i didn't get to see him much. I got to see him once a year b/c my parents would drive all the way down there to stay with him for a few days. He was really cool though. He knew what anime was and he was pretty much one greatest people i knew because he had a great personality and he was so kind. I remember i left one of my pikachu plushies at his house one time and he mailed it to my house and i got it when i came home.
It really bothered me the day he died. it was like you said "you are in a dream but can't wake up". you feel detatched from reality. Not only did i lose my grandpa in november, but one of my kittens died a day before he did. (and i'm one of those people who basically become depressed when a pet dies).

i do feel for you though...My prayers go out to you and your family.

WM- I totally understand (jeremy here) i lost my aunt and uncle in a swiss air plane crash in 1998. Flight 111 swiss air biggest crash in canada ever google it. And I still miss them....I also lost my great aunt spring 2006. So i know the feeling...But i commend you for your faith and not being afraid of what people think on this site....(Shows character and Guts) and I know God is watching over your family......cause he is the God of the universe ( I wonder what God thinks of Arceus the "god" of pokemon? anyway God is so awesome :) anyway be encouraged.....WM _Jeremy

First allow me to extend my condolences to you on the loss of your Nana. Secondly let me commend for your open expression of your faith and belief in God. I'm a Christian myself and it makes me very excited to see someone that open about that kind of thing in this "public" setting. Keep up the great work on this website and I'll def be praying for you.

I am very sorry for that WPM, I myself have lost all of my grandparents. It hasn't been fun, but you will recover from the loss.

I actually have a funny story about my Grandmother dying that I won't mind sharing.

She had been in the hospital for a few months I believe and things were getting rough for everyone. My friend was sleeping over one night, and I believe the next day my Mom and her brothers were planning on taking my Grandmother off of life support. Well... we got a call from the hospital that morning informing my Mom that my Grandmother had passed away overnight (I do not remember the details, but I think this was how it went.) So, my mom comes into my room, tells me what happened and gives me a hug. Then she goes over to my sisters bed thinking she is in her bed, but it is actually my friend. And so she goes to hug him and they both realize what was wrong and they start freaking out and kind of screaming.

It is just one of those stories that will always stick with me.

I haven't had any of my Grandparents die, and I'm not looking forward to, but I see both of them nearly every day. Best luck to you and your family.

This is late, but I haven't had a chance to get on the internet in the longest of times.

You know, WPM, I always somehow suspected that you were a Christian, and boy am I glad to hear my suspicions confirmed.

I can't say I know exactly how you feel right now, because I never actually have had someone close to me die. Never. I am able, though, to sympathize with your pain. Thankfully, that's something that God has blessed me with, the ability to sympathize with others' feelings. Back sometime near February, one of my teachers at school died. So, I wrote a letter to her husband, and in that letter I described her death as "a dream trying to force its way into reality". Like, you can hardly believe it's happening, but you know it is, you just have that strange feeling, especially when you first hear about it. So, remembering what I wrote, I found it interesting to see you describe it as being "in a dream and removed from reality".

But yes, even though I can sympathize well, I probably can't experience what it feels like for someone close to you to die without it actually happening to me.

I take it that your grandma was a Christian too. Well, know this: Your Nana is in heaven right now. While it's extremely heart-wrenching down here on earth for her to be gone, remember that heaven is the perfect place. No fears, no pain, no separation, no worries. All peace, all joy, all unity, all purity, all perfection. We can't even really imagine how amazing it is, with our human minds. So, isn't it actually better for your Nana to be there in heaven, instead of down here on this wicked and corrupted earth? Especially if she was in the hospital on and off for five months. While it's perfectly fine to be sad over her death, at the same time, rejoice that she is through with her pain. She is free from the chains of sin, and free from the effects of sin. Besides, compared to how much time you'll get to spend with her in heaven (eternity, wow, can't even comprehend), the time you had with her here on earth was, like, a blink of an eye. I just hope and pray that you will find comfort in knowing that. You implied that your mom, dad, aunt, and brothers are Christians too, so you'll be seeing them there too. Hey, I'll be seeing you there too.

Well, I'm a week late, but I do want you to know that I will be praying for you and your family. And no, I'm not just saying that, I actually mean it. I don't know you very well, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't care about the pain that you and your family must be going through. So yes, I will be praying for you.

I don't know much else to say that everyone else hasn't already said. Still, though, I am extremely sad that this happened to you, but I do rejoice that she is now in heaven, and you and your family will be there someday too. God has a plan, and we know that whatever happens is a part of it, even death. Whether we can see your Nana's death's purpose or not, we know that it does have a purpose, so we trust God with it, and not only it, but with everything that happens in our lives.

I hope I was able to be of some comfort to you, WPM. It'll all work out for the good somehow, someway, sometime.

"I am telling you this strange and wonderful secret: we shall not all die, but we shall all be given new bodies."

- I Corinthians 15:51

WPM, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandma. :( My Grandma is very close to me. If she died that would crush me. I can't even imagine how bad it would be. I hope you hang in there.
PS. Togeshroob is right, though. She is not gone forever. You will see her again.

~Mercy

First, allow me to offer my condolences on your loss. My best friend passed away this past Friday, and I understand completely what you are going through. We were an inseparable pair, and did everything together...even trivial things, like laundry. She was like my sister. Know that you are not alone, and that you are understood.

Back