(3) PETA and Pokemon, Pokemon League Badge Case, Pokemon Pro Dual Deck Box [10/10]

I am happy about the new league badge cases. I do wish promo cards would have continued. I think the reason they didn't is because some league owners may have been selling large quantities of them for personal use.

Yeah on the subject I'm gonna have to try nabbing a bunch more of those old promos

I really hope we get promos though.
Code Cards as prizes seem rather worthless to me. I don't like the idea at all.

I'd like a PETA VS GameFreak lawsuit...
Because then it's like the Pokemon version of the whole Ken Penders VS Sega/Archie/BioWare/EA thing, in some way.
Ridiculous lawsuits always crack me up

I'm an animal advocate. I am all for animal rights and I spend a good portion of my life caring for many animals. However, I've always thought that PETA goes a bit too far with their campaigns. After reading PETA's explanation for making the mini-game on their website, I think it's interesting and great to educate people about animal cruelty but I don't want parents to start freaking out saying that Pokemon is just animal abuse in disguise.

Probably the reason I love Pokemon so much is because Pokemon are like animals...with powers and abilities. One thing that makes Pokemon different from animals, however, is that Pokemon want to fight. Pokemon don't (normally) fight each other to the death and if a Pokemon doesn't want to fight, it will loaf around or go to sleep. Furthermore, everyone knows that Pokemon is all about sharing and caring for these creatures like their are your friend, pet, or child. Look at Ash: he rescued Charmander, Chimchar, and Tepig from abusive trainers. If that's not love for another non-human being, I don't know what is.

Its pretty funny that PETA is attacking Pokemon now rather than the past. I mean, when Pokemon was starting to get popular in the very early years, they never really seemed to attack Pokemon. Now, however, they finally do. Its just surprising to me that this didn't happen earlier, as it could have happened at any moment in time.

As for the badge case, I absolutely love it! I'm finally glad we'll obtain a real life version of this! I can't wait to get actual badges and polish them just like the games.

The dual deck box is kind of... meh. It looks a little bland with the Pokemon energy type symbols around one giant Pokeball, not to mention that the sleeves inside are just black/white box patterns. In terms of a dual deck box, I think the worlds 2012 one was much cooler, but hopefully, we'll see cooler looking boxes similar to this one in the future.

Anyone know where exactly you can order the badge case? I haven't found it anywhere on the website.

JPN Gallade said:
Its pretty funny that PETA is attacking Pokemon now rather than the past. I mean, when Pokemon was starting to get popular in the very early years, they never really seemed to attack Pokemon. Now, however, they finally do. Its just surprising to me that this didn't happen earlier, as it could have happened at any moment in time.
I thought PETA did attack them in the past? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was Christian extremist and parents who did...

I will say after playing it, it's an interesting game...I mean, they added in jokes that only Pokemon fans would understand, which is awesome.

Kaira said:
Anyone know where exactly you can order the badge case? I haven't found it anywhere on the website.

Log into your account and go to where your league seasons would have been listed. There should be a button to order.

Guys, It's just PETA. We all knew this would happen one day. Just get over it. They always look at the bad, never the good.
And after all, their name is People Eating Tasty Animals.

Shocker said:
Guys, It's just PETA. We all knew this would happen one day. Just get over it. They always look at the bad, never the good.

Sure,
but being reminded of it again for visiting this site was not something I expected.
Its just helping them spread this abomination...

I can't wait for PETA to be sued by Nintendo/gamefreak for using licensed characters without their permission.

Emperor_Gaius said:
I can't wait for PETA to be sued by Nintendo/gamefreak for using licensed characters without their permission.

Just one issue; remember the Uri Gellar incident? Well, all things considered Nintendo/Game Freak really should have won that, since it was not at ALL their intentions to insult him. And look what happened there.

They're probably afraid of the same thing happening here. Because while anyone who understands Pokemon knows that none of that is true... The public and court may very well see that PETA is correct instead. It's just not worth it to them to risk something as big as Pokemon as a whole. The Uri Gellar incident is still a worry for them to this day, as is evidenced by no Kadabra cards. So can you imagine if such a thing happened to, say, the game and brand as a whole?

That's just my interpretation anyways. I'm not that big into politics and stuff, so it very well not work like that at all.

Last but not least, is it just me or does Zyflair like every single post? Just an observation lol.

Edit: Game Freak, you idiot, not Game Fread *smacks face*.

PETA is using Pokemon for commentary / parody, so I don't think Nintendo can really sue them since what they're doing seems to fall under fair use.

Back