2nd place battle roads report (First report :D)

RaichuGirl

Australian National champion 2014
Registration starts at 11.30, and we were suppost to start at 12. I arrived at round about 11.40, got the Blaziken FB I needed for my deck and registered. I am playing Blazray, a deck using Blazican FB and Luxray GL. A bit after 12, we start. Turns out we only have 7 Seniors, and 7 Juniors (That`s actually more juniors than we got at Nats.) Luckily for us, we don`t have to combine age goups, but we only get 3 rounds and no top cut.

Round 1: Me (Blazray) vs Bye
I got the bye first round. At first i was disapointed, but my friend from juniors, Emily, also had the bye. We helped a girl who was new (not playing). To improve a started deck. It wasn`t really successful, because we didn`t bring any staples. She already had Pokemon white, so we strted talking about that. She told us that she was second cousins to the boy who won worlds in seniors in 2009 (The one with the Kyogre hat). Finally the new round started after an hour and 15 minutes!
1-0

Round 2: Me (Blazray) Vs Roland (Sablelock)

Game 1: He donks me. Great... i just got donked by the person who is probably gonna win battle roads

Game 2: I get an Ok start. But i dont get any energy. get a Luxray prepared so i can bright look next turn. He uses Cyrus`s inisitive for 2 head. He gets Bebe`s search and pokemon communication out of my hand. I didn`t really know what it did, so i accidently shuffled them into my deck. I got a warning D:, but i didn`t have to get a game loss if we remembered the cards. After that, he snipes my luxray. I have no energy and a hand of level Xs with a Prem ball. Great. I draw and pass for a few turns. I drew a collector and got Lux Uxie and something else (I think Blaz?). PLay down Lux and Blaz Uxie set up for two? Spray. I start making a small comback at the end, due to drawing a cyrus, but he had already taken 4 prizes and i can`t catch up. GG
1-1

Round 3 Me (Blazray) Vs Chris (Luxray AR tool discard)
Game 1: He starts with Raticate G while i start with Blazican i go first. I attach an energy and pass. He goes plays a shinx attachs to raticate and hits me for 30. I level up blaz and play a luxray and crobat on my beanch flash bite Raticate then luring flame Shinx. He flips heads. Bebe`s searches for luxray... just to find that both of them are prized. He gets luxio instead and hits me for 20. I level up Blazican and hit him for 80, KOing him. He sends out Raticate and attaches lucky egg and hits me for 70. I poketurn and send out Luxray. Gain, Electric, bright look jirachi KO. I didn`t want to activate Lucky egg till he had more cards in his hand. He sends up Ratcicate and plays collector to get a shinx and two other things. Next turn, I KO Raticate and he draws 3. He elvolves into Luxio, and hits me for 20. I retreat for Blaz and Level him up and hit for 80 after that i just 1 shot the pokemon he had left.

Game 2: and My starting hand was: Metal, warp, poketurn, poketurn, uxie, Bebe`s search and Prem ball i put down Uxie. We both flip our pokemon over he gets Shinx and i played Uxie. He lets me go second. He attaches and does 10. I draw a poketurn and wonder if i can donk. I try to. I bebe`s for a Crobat and flash bite 4 times. i attach the metal and Psychic restore for the donk!

2 - 1

I some how end up in second, even though Micheal (Who cam third) Went 2 - 1 and also lost to Roland, but didn`t get the bye. I argued with the judge a bit on why i got second even though i got the bye. I got told that if Michael beat the person who came last, or second last, that would count for less than the bye. Emily won Juniors (Yay). My brother came second in juniors.

Props:
Keith for letting me borrow a Blazican FB
My brother for letting me borrow a Dialga G lv. X
Emily for winning
Zoe for coming and helping
Coming 2nd
Pulling raquaxa Deoxys legend bottom in one of my packs.
Trading for a raichu Prime. I only need 2 more before I have a whole page!

Slops:
Being donked
Having the bye
Only 7 seniors
No top cut

Not in Australia it isn`t. We do it differently to America. We play best of 3 games, and have 45 + 3 time limit. I think they do it this way in England too?

Um in Sydney it was best of one 30mins + 3 turns. We sadly did it the same as America... I hate best out of one :(

Back