News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Wow. Loving these new cards. The base set template looks incredible on these rehashed cards.

Then I noticed one in particular. Pidgeot and its Mega Evolution. Not cards I'd seen before, but I bet @crystal_pidgeot must be super hyped right now.

OH MY GOD STARMIE BREAK IS LIT, also @crystal_pidgeot i bet is hyped, first person i though of when i saw the cards. On another note, let's just all focus on how beautiful that Dragonite Full Art looks like

I have no reason to believe the cards are fake. Even if they are, I would still want that Pidgeot EX. I don't think the SR Pikachu is holo just to be like the original promo, which wasn't holo either. Huge shout out for Pokken Machamp Break. These cards are 3 months early if what he says is true so they could make the Pikachu SR foil but I really don't think they will do that.

According to YouTube comment translations (trust them how you want):
Machamp BREAK- 100 damage, 100 more damage on your next turn (before weakness and resistance)
Beedrill: {G} 30 + Poison. {GC}40 damage times the number of Beedrills in play to one of your opponent's Pokémon

Ninetales BREAK looks like: Discard all energy attached to this Pokémon, does 60 damage times the number of Energy discarded. ?

Like I said on another thread, this set is so poorly planned. They included the incomplete lines like Gastly/Haunter, Drowzee, Doduo, etc. yet they excluded the complete original Venusaur line. Wtf?
This set is only good for the new cards (the BREAKs, Mega Pidgeot) and the Full Arts. The rest, you're better off with the original cards.

I'm so depressed it looks like where missing Venusaur and potentially Blastoise line, my hope is that we get them in the Articuno-EX/Moltres-EX/Zapdos-EX Battle Decks. Proves TCGi has now idea what we consider nostalgia, in this set were getting (at least in English, most likely,) four Charizard cards, four Pikachu cards, and three Mewtwo cards. Wow. Definitely dampers my excitement for this set. Would have preferred a XY: Legendary Treasures set.

These don't look bad actually, but my favourite thing about this is M Venusaur gets a reprint AND a spirit link

Discard a few grass energies, play a few mega turbos, forest of giant plants, great synergy with M Sceptile, this deck will actually be good now

If all these guys get full arts, I'm buying the full set off of eBay. Worth too much bucks to pass up.

Like I said on another thread, this set is so poorly planned. They included the incomplete lines like Gastly/Haunter, Drowzee, Doduo, etc. yet they excluded the complete original Venusaur line. Wtf?
This set is only good for the new cards (the BREAKs, Mega Pidgeot) and the Full Arts. The rest, you're better off with the original cards.
I believe these are true blue errata's so the older versions no longer apply.

Well...

2qs9c1c.png

I believe these are true blue errata's so the older versions no longer apply.
You missed my point. Also, this are not erratas, they are treated as different cards since they have different atributes (different HP, attack costs and effects, etc.). And btw, what I meant was, from a collector's standpoint, the original cards look better. There was no point in making this set if they're just going to include a bunch of useless cards with similar yet, uglier design compared to the originals.

Kinda ironic a set called Evolutions has a bunch of evolutions cards missing.

At 4 minutes and 25 seconds into the french leak video we see Base set Electabuzz! The one used in Haymaker decks!
Now I can 100% confirm from the french card that this Electabuzz is an identical reprint to the original base set one in every single way (HP and retreat is the same too) except for its new resistance to metal.

first attack: Thundershock. 10 damage. flip a coin if heads, the defending Pokemon is now paralysed.
Second attack: Thunder Punch: 30 + damage. Flip a coin if heads this attack does 10 more damage to the defending pokemon. If tails this attack does 10 damage to itself.

While this card was mighty powerful back in gen 1, its outclassed now by every other electric type Pokemon in the current format. such a shame

Back