2018 World Cup in Russia and 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Medel17

Aspiring Trainer
It has been announced and confirmed that Russia will host in 2018 and that Qatar will host it in 2022. I was hoping for USA to host it so that I can go watch the games but I am happy with all the selections made the by Fifa. How do you guys feel about these selections?
Discuss!

actually quite disappointed being from England. No World Cup in my lifetime but at least we will have the chance to win it (unless we play how we did 2010 World Cup "/ lol).

I still think that England will host it in your life time, unless you're fairly elderly.

Sure, it'd have been good for it be England but there is always 2026.

I am hoping soon Chile can host it.(Being from Chile) Ive never seen Chile host the cup (My dad has.). We played very well in 2010 South Africa world cup and im proud we made it to the final 16.

But anyways im very excited for the two qualifiers for these world cups and I am hoping Chile can win this one!

Why Rusland? The grass there is bad because of snow, The land is one of the biggest hoped that The Netherlands won :(

Wish America would get it sometime soon. I don't know why these places were chosen, but it's not such a big deal for me where it is unless it's actually in America...

its all to do with the economy and with Englands past and reputation of Hooligains, that really didn't help our push. Looking forward to what Russia offer, and with the weather in England at the minute (lots and lots of snow!) we may have a chance. Its gonna be a white world cup.

England deserved to win the right to host. We absolutely love football, when we learn to walk we basically learn to play football. Unfortunately the BBC are a joke by releasing a documentary about the corruption within FIFA three days before the voting. We managed to achieve only two votes and one of them was an English person.

It's a terrible shame that England won't be the hosts.

The obvious question arises: Why Qatar?
I mean, I liked watching the World Cup and all, but...why Qatar?

It will be in Brazil in 2014, Playerking95.

These countries picked seem mostly unconventional, but I do like that sometimes. Countries that have never gotten it should get it before other Countries that have had it multiple times.

dmaster out.

FIFA wanted to pick areas that never had it. Eastern Europe (Russia) and the Middle East (Qatar).

So? England have only had it once and that will be fifty-eight years ago in 2018, I think that's enough of a wait. England is the home of football, we made it what it is today. We have the most exciting league in the world and some of the best stadiums.

Manchester United is the most famous club in the world, who have Russia got? CSKA Moscow...

No matter what, there will always be some people upset. I think England will try extremely hard to get the 2026 World Cup. But, hey the Summer Olympics come to London in 2012, but that's not going to really help much.

I'd happily swap the Olympics for the World Cup. I don't think the World Cup is in Europe in 2026, I've heard we have to wait till 2030.

Im thinking in 2026 the world cup will be held somewhere in North America(Preferably Canada).

Im also clueless why they chose Qatar but I think they wanted new countries to host.

They wanted a Middle Eastern country and Qatar has the money to support the building of the soccer fields for the World Cup in 2022.

Hopefully they can make it in Canada soon after Qatar. My friend will be going to watch the games in Brazil though.
Who will you guys be rooting for in these world cups?

Dmaster call me King, Playerking or just Alex. I really thought we were going to get it oh well there is always next decade.

dragon9 said:
So? England have only had it once and that will be fifty-eight years ago in 2018, I think that's enough of a wait. England is the home of football, we made it what it is today. We have the most exciting league in the world and some of the best stadiums.

Manchester United is the most famous club in the world, who have Russia got? CSKA Moscow...

There is Zenit St. Petersburg, Rubin Kazan, Spartak Moscow, Amkar Perm and the list goes on.

I can't quite imagine the World Cup being played in Qatar given the extreme hot weather in the Middle East. If the temperature at that time is like above 40 degrees celsius, we might even see something new in football/soccer!

Back