'2016 World Championship's Deck' Product Images!

Saba

Aspiring Trainer
2 Shintaro's decks? the same way it did on the day in which the announcer said Shintaro name in place of Shunto? hahahaha

Purrloin

Looks like we finally have an affordable Shaymin-EX.

Nevermind. Forgot they aren't legal. :D

Last edited:

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like we finally have an affordable Shaymin-EX.

Very similar packaging to previous years. Like said above, those Shaymins are quite the deal.
World Championship cards are commemorative and not legal for sanctioned play. They have different backs, borders, and the deck owner's signature on the card.

They do make perfect proxies for testing, though!

PenguinJ44

I caught Mew!
World Championship cards are commemorative and not legal for sanctioned play. They have different backs, borders, and the deck owner's signature on the card.

Very true. I would combine 2 of these to make a proxy.

Purrloin

I totally forgot they aren't legal.

Well played, TPC. Well played.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
In my opinion it's good making them not legal. For $12.99 I'm perfectly happy with having one of the best decks created for the rotation. It's especially fun when you get two and play with your mates. not everyone can afford 1-4 shaymin, 1-4 hoopa, and a bunch of other costly cards.

edit: Still funny how M-Audino simply destroyed greninja Break. Nice seeing underdog cards get the spotlight.

minecraft7er

confused

I guess i just have a lax league than, all the leagues i have been to have allowed them.
and i really like the silver borders. but i know! [you cant use them in tournaments]
and [you cant play with them at official events]

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
I guess i just have a lax league than, all the leagues i have been to have allowed them.
and i really like the silver borders. but i know! [you cant use them in tournaments]
and [you cant play with them at official events]
WC cards are fine at League, just not League Challenges or Cups.

MrMrannoying

Aspiring Trainer
Aw I didn't know championships decks werent allowed in tournaments, i guess it makes sense. It also doesn't seem they have an online code

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
Aw I didn't know championships decks werent allowed in tournaments, i guess it makes sense. It also doesn't seem they have an online code

they don't because the cards usually have extremely valuable cards such as shaymin. Printing it online would cause huge collapses on the trading market. It'd be like the great depression.

When they turned Mewtwo into a promo, oh boy. It went from $60 for the regular art to $10 at most for the regular art(btw I'm referring to X-ball mewtwo). In the TCGO this really hit a lot of people due to how easy it became to pull.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
...Wow... They really want to bait unfortunate kids into buying that Shaymin-EX they can't use. I don't get why they put Shaymin as the cover card for that if that isn't why. Yanmega BREAK would have made a lot more sense.

LBelleBird

Aspiring Trainer
...Wow... They really want to bait unfortunate kids into buying that Shaymin-EX they can't use. I don't get why they put Shaymin as the cover card for that if that isn't why. Yanmega BREAK would have made a lot more sense.

In terms of what sells, BREAK card or Shaymin EX? It's gonna be a Shaymin, better bait lol

Otaku

The wise fool?
Funny thought: the World Championship decks often offer a snapshot about what is competitive in the metagame. All of these decks are worth it, but someone five years from now seeing these four may be totally oblivious about Night March. ;)